Arizona Cardinals offseason thread 2022

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Today is expected to be the hottest day ever in the UK with a bunch of places expected to hit 104+. Soon to be broken tomorrow when they say it could hit 109.

I'm not going to moan about it, it's nice, but also I can't say I could live with it every day like y'all do.

Our bedroom as air con and I've been kicked out so my wife and girls have it :sad:
Our prime Minister couple months a go suggested us to use less air cond cause of the war in Ukraine/sanctions/increase energy costs .. Its good to have a leader who really cares about his own people

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I can't remember a year where I was less enthused for football to start up. I'm not sure if this is because I'm not excited for the team, or something else, but even my buddies are starting to gear up for fantasy football and I'm just not feeling it.

That might have to do with the fact I've been the Kyler Murray of fantasy the past two years though, absolutely crushing it all season long and then getting knocked out in the playoffs/championship.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I can't remember a year where I was less enthused for football to start up. I'm not sure if this is because I'm not excited for the team, or something else, but even my buddies are starting to gear up for fantasy football and I'm just not feeling it.

That might have to do with the fact I've been the Kyler Murray of fantasy the past two years though, absolutely crushing it all season long and then getting knocked out in the playoffs/championship.
I get you. After having to get over last season's collapse, I was initially very excited when I was able to add a 5th ticket for my youngest child without having to relocate seats, but then after a splashy draft the Hopkins suspension dropped, then the Kyler contract hassle, then Gladney's tragic passing, then Hudson retirement talk, some obvious holes in our roster not addressed. Plus my son is headed into his second year of competitive club soccer, and as he continues to progress there will be imminent weekend tournament conflicts with home games that might have us question if it's all still going to be worth it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Today is expected to be the hottest day ever in the UK with a bunch of places expected to hit 104+. Soon to be broken tomorrow when they say it could hit 109.

I'm not going to moan about it, it's nice, but also I can't say I could live with it every day like y'all do.

Our bedroom as air con and I've been kicked out so my wife and girls have it :sad:
Well thats your problem, your whole house needs AC and you don't go outside other than when you have to. If you do that, it's not that bad.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well thats your problem, your whole house needs AC and you don't go outside other than when you have to. If you do that, it's not that bad.
It is pretty common place in the UK where only part of your house, or maybe even none of it has AC.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It is pretty common place in the UK where only part of your house, or maybe even none of it has AC.
That's what I have heard, and that seems wild to me.

There are many conviences I could do without, but AC is not one of them.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah, it just doesn't get that hot there for the most part. It is usually a rainy mess.

That being said, I loved my time in the UK and can't wait to go back.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Central air is a really modern convenience even in some of the older cities across the country.

We're spoiled here in AZ because everything was built after the Reagan Administration, but my old apartment in Davis, CA (outside Sacramento) didn't have central air because it rarely got above 90 there.

My brother's ranch house in Flagstaff doesn't have central air, either.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Last year?
I get the joke, but even then I was excited because we'd come off of that weird pandemic season with no fans. Maybe I wasn't excited for the team's potential success, but at least I was excited for football in general.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

This team has got better every year under Kliff and Kyler.

I don't know what we will be. Football is unpredictable. But I don't see a worse team that we had last year.

Its a tough schedule. Much will come down to Kliff and Kyler's development and how they handle the 1st 6 games and how well they integrate Hollywood Brown.

But it's going to be interesting.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah AC is super rare here. I don't know anyone else that even has a room with AC.

To be fair May to September is often pretty nice in the South and East, but our nice is a much more reasonable low to mid 20s which is just about right. Celcius Obvs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Central air is a really modern convenience even in some of the older cities across the country.

We're spoiled here in AZ because everything was built after the Reagan Administration, but my old apartment in Davis, CA (outside Sacramento) didn't have central air because it rarely got above 90 there.

My brother's ranch house in Flagstaff doesn't have central air, either.
In the two houses I rented and my last house out here in Newport I didn’t have AC. Not uncommon in Southern California. Open a window and let in the sea breeze. I have AC now and my electrical is ridiculous because it made us soft.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
In the two houses I rented and my last house out here in Newport I didn’t have AC. Not uncommon in Southern California. Open a window and let in the sea breeze. I have AC now and my electrical is ridiculous because it made us soft.
I'm inland OC (Rancho Santa Margarita) and we definitely have A/C and glad for it.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We never had AC growing up in Syracuse, NY. The couple of weeks that it got hot, we slept on the screen enclosed front porch. My Dad finally put in AC after my Mom beat lung cancer & couldn’t breathe without it.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

The temp without the humidity is deceiving. What is the temp and humidity? 90/90 is brutal.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This team has got better every year under Kliff and Kyler.

I don't know what we will be. Football is unpredictable. But I don't see a worse team that we had last year.

Its a tough schedule. Much will come down to Kliff and Kyler's development and how they handle the 1st 6 games and how well they integrate Hollywood Brown.

But it's going to be interesting.
I actually feel like we're worse than last year, but I guess not by a tremendous amount.

I wouldn't feel like it was so significant if the early schedule weren't so tough and we were without DHop.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually feel like we're worse than last year, but I guess not by a tremendous amount.

I wouldn't feel like it was so significant if the early schedule weren't so tough and we were without DHop.

Out of interest where do you think we are worse?

For me,

On offense

Hollywood > Kirk
Year 2 Rondale will be better
Everyone > Garcia
Another year of development from Kyler
Another year of development from Kliff
RB room is about the same as last year
TE room is vastly improved on last year

I'm guessing defense is your concern?

Bengals had the 17th ranked D last year (19th in DVOA) and made the SB. There are question marks to be sure, especially on the pass rush. I honestly can't say with confidence either way if it's going to be good or bad. I can see scenarios where guys like Simmons, Collins, Wilson, and Murphy step up and one of the rookie edges catches fire. I can also see inexperience and pressure making them crumble and being poor as a group. It's going to be interesting to see.

I would say it's a young D and that excites me. Budda is the oldest starting none D line player at 26. Collins, Simmons, Thompson, Budda, Wilson, Murphy all have a bunch of potential. Add in the rookies at Edge. Allen, Fotu, Dogbe, Lawrence. I think Golden and Watt are the only expected starters over 30 and Budda at 26 is he 3rd oldest starter on D.

I can't remember us having such a young defense maybe ever.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Nice? NICE? No thanks :) That is absolutely crazy for the UK! And only a bedroom air conditioner? Ai!

I like when friends boast on Facebook that it's 80 or 90 where they are, because i confuse them by saying I'm sorry lol

Give me good 40-50 degree shorts weather all day, every day!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Egads, I would die without AC in So Cal.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Out of interest where do you think we are worse?

On offense

Hollywood > Kirk
Year 2 Rondale will be better
Everyone > Garcia
Another year of development from Kyler
Another year of development from Kliff
RB room is about the same as last year
TE room is vastly improved on last year

I'm guessing defense is your concern?

Bengals had the 17th ranked D last year and made the SB. There are question marks to be sure, especially on the pass rush. I honestly can't say with confidence either way if it's going to be good or bad. I can see scenarios where guys like Simmons, Collins, Wilson, and Murphy step up and one of the rookie edges catches fire. I can also see inexperience and pressure making them crumble and being poor as a group. It's going to be interesting to see.

I would say it's a young D and that excites me. Budda is the oldest starting none D line player at 26. Collins, Simmons, Thompson, Budda, Wilson, Murphy all have a bunch of potential. Add in the rookies at Edge. Allen, Fotu, Dogbe, Lawrence. I think Golden and Watt are the only expected starters over 30 and Budda at 26 is he 3rd oldest starter on D.

I can't remember us having such a young defense maybe ever.
I agree with this take, should be better at every phase even if only slightly or temporarily. Take away 2 games, and how much are we really missing from the pass rush of Chandler Jones? JJ’s presence imo helped CJ more in the early part of the season.. but we know unfortunately it’s more likely that JJ won’t play a good portion of the season.

My biggest concern on this team remains Oline and Dline. They weren’t even mediocre last year (post JJ), and don’t look to be this year as well. Really hope at a minimum some depth moves are made. DB would be my 3rd place concern.