Arizona Cardinals off season news Jan 25-Feb 25, 2021

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Are you listening Kliff? Are you listening Steve? Are you listening Mike? I'm [emoji817] sure KMs opinion is this attention to detail is a top down need in the organization, not just the players.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Arizona Cardinals

Last Super Bowl appearance: 2008
2020 FPI rank: No. 13

Strategy for becoming a Super Bowl contender: Giving Kyler Murray as much help as possible. Murray is already the type of quarterback who can get a team to a Super Bowl -- and then win it -- but he can't do it alone. Arizona has the receiver to do it in DeAndre Hopkins, but the Cardinals need to bolster the talent level at tight end, running back and the second and third receivers. If they can do that through the draft and free agency, then the Cards could be in a good place to make a Super Bowl run in the next year or two.

Biggest X factor: Kliff Kingsbury. If the third-year coach can keep the offense on track and not have the types of dips that it had in 2020, then a playoff berth may be in the cards for Arizona. But if next season plays out like 2020, then the Super Bowl will be a pipe dream for a franchise that has been there just once. -- Josh Weinfuss

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ll-32-nfl-teams-mix-getting-closer-years-away

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Arizona Cardinals

Last Super Bowl appearance: 2008
2020 FPI rank: No. 13

Strategy for becoming a Super Bowl contender: Giving Kyler Murray as much help as possible. Murray is already the type of quarterback who can get a team to a Super Bowl -- and then win it -- but he can't do it alone. Arizona has the receiver to do it in DeAndre Hopkins, but the Cardinals need to bolster the talent level at tight end, running back and the second and third receivers. If they can do that through the draft and free agency, then the Cards could be in a good place to make a Super Bowl run in the next year or two.

Biggest X factor: Kliff Kingsbury. If the third-year coach can keep the offense on track and not have the types of dips that it had in 2020, then a playoff berth may be in the cards for Arizona. But if next season plays out like 2020, then the Super Bowl will be a pipe dream for a franchise that has been there just once. -- Josh Weinfuss

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ll-32-nfl-teams-mix-getting-closer-years-away

Maybe the best article/analysis I read from Weinfuss

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This teams identity has to be the offense. We need to load up on the offense. A potent offense will take pressure off the defense where adequate would be good.

When you watch the Chiefs their offense puts so much pressure on the defense that it ACTUALLY affects the opposing offense. Opposing offenses feel compelled to score on every possession. The Chiefs defense can play “free” knowing their offense will score again and again.

We need a real #2 Wr. We need a rb to replace Drake and a thumper like Latavius Murray that can get us a yard when we need 6 inches. I also think we need to bolster our interior o-line.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Done a few mocks where we either got one of the top three WR’s or Pitts, a top C/G in two and a highly rated RB at three. I hope to start seeing a draft thread from some of you who know college players to see what you come up with. I personally like bolstering the O with the earlier draft picks and sign some FA help for the defense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
A lot of article saying we need to upgrade at TE but few on this board thinks Kyle Pitts in round 1 is a good idea.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
A lot of article saying we need to upgrade at TE but few on this board thinks Kyle Pitts in round 1 is a good idea.

I'm on board if someone like Pitts can take the pressure off of needing a threat #2 WR...and we can continue to roll with Kirk/Fitz.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm on board if someone like Pitts can take the pressure off of needing a threat #2 WR...and we can continue to roll with Kirk/Fitz.
I believe Pitts (or any top TE) adds two things on offense.

1 - He creates personnel mismatches vs pretty much whatever defensive personnel you line up against him. This means you are adding another player like Hop who can win one on one matchups.

2 - He enables a larger and more physical personnel package on offense while also increasing offensive team speed. We need to be more physical on offense and he can do that.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm not convinced Pitt's is a viable NFL TE. Not in the traditional sense. Look's more like a big slot. I wouldn't expect Kittle type blocking out of him in which case is a big slot worth #16?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

If Pitts is what he's billed to be, I'd be great with it. If he's not--and I mean, REALLY what he's billed to be, not just serviceable, it'd be a waste. So few TEs come into the league and make a huge impact.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
· 13m
The #AZCardinals are signing former #Titans 7th round pick QB Cole McDonald, source said. More depth for AZ from the ex-Hawaii QB who also played for the Conquerors of The Spring League.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose