Arizona Cardinals GM Steve Keim cited for DUI on July 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I have seen with Keim over the past 18-24 months is somehow who consistently consumed alcohol, and on 2 occasions he was doing so when others, like Mike B., were not.

One thing I learned early on in my career was to not drink out at a function if you boss was there and she was NOT drinking. And I have held fast to that rule throughout my adult life.

Wonder how things will play out in the legal system. Obviously, he has the money to hire a great lawyer, so I'm sure he'll find a way to avoid jail time. Any other Joe Schmo would serve time.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
So Keim is going to be suspended during the only time of year he is particularly useful. May as well fire him at this point.
He’ll be back after the second preseason game. This may impact David Johnson negotiations, but that’s that

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume that Terry McDonough will take over as GM while he is on suspension?

When does his suspension start?

TJ

Reaction score
One thing I learned early on in my career was to not drink out at a function if you boss was there and she was NOT drinking. And I have held fast to that rule throughout my adult life.

Wonder how things will play out in the legal system. Obviously, he has the money to hire a great lawyer, so I'm sure he'll find a way to avoid jail time. Any other Joe Schmo would serve time.

Heard on the radio that Keim will serve jail time. I think 9 days is the minimum

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not necessarily. He has to spend time in jail - it's the law. Minimum is 10 days, but much of that can be done via house arrest. I have had a couple friends get extreme DUI, and they both served 2 days in jail, rest house arrest (with ankle monitor). And two days in jail doesn't mean 48 hours - can go in at 8 am, and released at 1 am.

He will have to have an ignition interlock. for minimum one year.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He’ll be back after the second preseason game. This may impact David Johnson negotiations, but that’s that

I feel like DJ and other high profile contracts are more a Bidwill / Disner decision so it shouldn't be a huge impact there.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel sorry for Wilks and the rest of the staff/team. This puts the Cardinals behind the eight ball when they really need to be firing on all cylinders if they want to be competitive this season.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heard on the radio that Keim will serve jail time. I think 9 days is the minimum

10, and 1 HAS to be served in a jail - most can be done on house arrest. As I posted above, friends who have had same level of DUI spent 17 hours total in jail, rest on house arrest

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A person should have every right to refuse to answer this question based upon constitutional rights and not worry about whether... "Officer would likely do all he could to make you regret your comment before letting you go."

We do not live in a police state yet or so I hope.

Wow. So now an officer is stepping all over your rights if they ask you whether or not you've had anything to drink during a traffic stop? :shrug:

Did you deliberately misconstrue what mainstreet wrote? They're not trampling rights by asking the question. They're trampling your rights by doing all they can to make you regret exercising your constitutional right not to answer.

...dbs

TJ

Reaction score
Some perspective

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TJ

Reaction score
10, and 1 HAS to be served in a jail - most can be done on house arrest. As I posted above, friends who have had same level of DUI spent 17 hours total in jail, rest on house arrest
Gotcha.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Excuse me all of u for my ignorance regarding this subject but 0.19 is considered extreme DUI?
What a man of his size has to drink to reach that level?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some perspective

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

because the Lions are an organization that we should hold ourselves up against.

And was that the 2nd DUI the Lions dude got?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you deliberately misconstrue what mainstreet wrote? They're not trampling rights by asking the question. They're trampling your rights by doing all they can to make you regret exercising your constitutional right not to answer.

...dbs

What is the officer's recourse if you refuse to answer a simple question like "Have you had anything to drink this evening?"

You are essentially refusing to cooperate with his traffic stop.

My guess is that you'd be detained and made to go through sobriety tests, etc. and possibly taken to the station if you also refuse the breathalyzer.

Not sure what you'd hope to get out of not cooperating.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excuse me all of u for my ignorance regarding this subject but 0.19 is considered extreme DUI?
What a man of his size has to drink to reach that level?

The charts/calculators I can find only go up to 240 pounds, but to get a 300 pound man up to .19, which is extreme, he would have to had 12-15 beers/shots at minimum

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

20+ years ago. The law doesn't recognize any DUI more than 7 years prior.

TJ

Reaction score

Considering the league accepted the penalty as is, that really isn't relevant.

Also, 1996 was a very long time ago. If that had any bearing on anything, he wouldn't have been hired in the first place in any capacity.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Weak?! This is consistent with other punishments dished to other executives in NFL. Dude just lost 10% of his annual salary and an additional $200k, along with corresponding legal punishments and public humiliation.
Irsay was suspended for SIX games and fined a half of million. So yes it does look weak compared to him.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’m guessing Keim has quite a tolerance considering his size and the way he was speaking. I understood everything he said on the video. If it’s true he was coming back from eating that would be another sign of a high tolerance given his BAC level.

TJ

Reaction score
Irsay was suspended for SIX games and fined a half of million. So yes it does look weak compared to him.

Irsay is an owner, so obviously, the monetary punishment will be larger.

Also, there isn't much of a difference between 6 games and 5 weeks. You're literally arguing over one week, had this punishment been during the season. Plus, I'd argue that the timing of the punishment is far worse now than during the middle of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard