Arizona Cardinals Design New Helmets For East Coast Games

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Arizona Cardinals Design New Helmets For East Coast Travels

January 7, 2009

Tempe, Az – The Arizona Cardinals, fresh off a home playoff win, have already announced new changes in the team uniform starting for the 2009 – 2010 season.

President Michael Bidwill and General Manager Rod Graves have made the announcement immediately following the Wildcard playoff victory against the Atlanta Falcons. “We set our designers to work giving them the idea to intimidate the opponents and let them know we are a force to be reckoned with, but still keep the integrity of the Cardinals logo.”, stated Graves. Bidwill added, “Traditionally dark colors have a certain type of symbolism, like black. They have a common connotation with power, wealth, mystery, death, mourning, and sex.” Bidwill originally asked the designers for a black helmet, but was immediately reminded that black and red were mainly the colors of the Atlanta falcons, the team the Cardinals had just recently eliminated from the playoffs hours beforehand.

The designers keeping to the idea of showing how tough and resilient the Cardinals are came up with a new style design while watching a Television show called The Dukes of Hazard. John Coleman, the head designer stated, “The team has struggled on the east coast, so I thought what usually gets people on the eastern and southern states wondering and the new design hit me.” Coleman stated that this will confuse all teams east of the Mississippi River, not only making them question the actual veracity of the helmets, but also if the Cardinals are in fact human or not.

Several players from eastern teams were screen tested by showing them a picture of an Arizona Cardinal with the new helmet. 2 out of 3 players stated they were glad they were no longer in the playoffs to face the team while the third player promptly broke his own finger to purposely miss the game where his unnamed team was playing against the Cardinals.

You must be registered for see images attach

New Helmet Designed To Intimidate NFC/AFC Eastern and NFC/AFC Southern Players

Second-year coach Ken Whisenhunt said, "I like the helmets, scientifically this should scare the other team to let our ground game progress like it has the past two weeks." When kicker Neil Rackers received his helmet, he was informed that all players will be wearing the helmets and it was in no way a personal warning to him. Rackers also noticed the new design covering his driver-side door unknowingly that the designers only used the stickers for the helmets.

Originally posted by TyPaige on AZCARDINALS.COM

Last edited:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Those helmets will come in handy for any preseason games in Tijuana. ;)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree. :|

Now, if it would have been new shoes, and shoes with bullet holes in them, it would have been funnier and made sense.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm happy I just looked at the dumb pics and moved on rather than actually reading the mess.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
Maybe a couple of black stripes would be a better idea?

O wait, never mind!
You must be registered for see images attach

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Booooooooo.

*tosses rotten fruit at author*

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is hilarious the reaction over here (boo, hiss) and the reaction over there (ROFL, OMG, YA GOT ME ROFL!).

ASFN = Quality

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
It is hilarious the reaction over here (boo, hiss) and the reaction over there (ROFL, OMG, YA GOT ME ROFL!).

ASFN = Quality

Thats so true.

I read this lame article actually kind of excited at first (we all love the third UNI idea) before there were any responses and was like "This is the stupidest thing ever". Then I kept seeing the post count rise and was like...."What in the hell are people responding to this for?" and being let down and thinking people were eating this crap up.

Then out of curiosity I checked it and saw actually what the responses were saying.

Thanks for being you ASFN.

You had me at Hello.

Thunder Dan

Veteran
Reaction score
I've searched for but can't find a thread from maybe a year ago with some really cool design concepts for Cardinals helmets.
Can anyone find it?

I would love to show them to some friends.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't mind humor at the expense of my football team. Just be funny. That's all I ask. :|

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Now if there was a row of spikes down the center of the helmet I might like it instead of the bullet holes

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard