Arizona Basketball 2019-2020

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This class is now looking good. I would say a top-3 in the conference.

247 has it Top-2 in the conference behind *checks notes twice* Stanford.

Kerr and Batcho havent even been ranked yet. Kerr should be around 50-75 and Batcho 75-100

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kerr and Batcho havent even been ranked yet. Kerr should be around 50-75 and Batcho 75-100

You definitely rank ahead of UCLA on the class now with Nix decommitting to go to the G league like Jalen Green.

Not stunned, whole new world.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You definitely rank ahead of UCLA on the class now with Nix decommitting to go to the G league like Jalen Green.

Not stunned, whole new world.

Luckily y’all have Tyger like Arizona had Nic Wise when Brandon Jennings went overseas. If UCLA had all their chips on Nix it would be a huge blow.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luckily y’all have Tyger like Arizona had Nic Wise when Brandon Jennings went overseas. If UCLA had all their chips on Nix it would be a huge blow.

the one bummer is the claim is Luther Muhammad would have considered UCLA more had he known Nix was leaving, but he's not a PG either.

The kid said his family needs money right now, can't fault him at all. I'm a big Tyger fan, I was hoping to see them both together but I guess we get the Tyger king. Maybe the right model now is the hire the family member, seems unlikely Mobley or Cunningham do the same thing.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Well, if the international big you mentioned comes through, and Williams is able to play, we at least avoid the embarrassment of not filling all of our scholarships, and while this team will struggle tremendously this coming season (if there is a coming season) a la Miller's 2009-2010 team, there at least is some promise and light at the end of the tunnel 2-3 seasons down the road if most of these guys develop, and Miller doesn't drive them away. This all assumes, though, that Miller doesn't continue to be his own, and the program's, worst enemy, particularly in terms of in-game performance and player development.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, if the international big you mentioned comes through, and Williams is able to play, we at least avoid the embarrassment of not filling all of our scholarships, and while this team will struggle tremendously this coming season (if there is a coming season) a la Miller's 2009-2010 team, there at least is some promise and light at the end of the tunnel 2-3 seasons down the road if most of these guys develop, and Miller doesn't drive them away. This all assumes, though, that Miller doesn't continue to be his own, and the program's, worst enemy, particularly in terms of in-game performance and player development.

It's actually pretty rare for bigtime programs to fill out all 13 rides. They often do it with transfers who are sitting out a year, or leave 1-2 rides open in case someone opens up late.

In this day and age of transfers and everything else it's pretty hard to fill out 13 rides.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rock, Chalk, PayHawk

It’s amazing how jealous one fan can be of another program. Sorry I’ll-Annoy sucks balls and we took your coach. I bet you don’t even enjoy college basketball most years.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Yeah, UofA should be shirting their pants. They might not even HAVE a program after all is said....
Would love to hear you rationalize this statement

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
There’s a few difference between the Kansas and AZ scandals but I expect to get at least one Level-1 violation due to Book pleading guilty to accepting bribes. I’m not sure if it means anything that there’s no proof a recruit or their family got paid. By all accounts Book pocketed the cash... Ayton, Alkins and Quinerly were the ones mentioned in the original investigations and all were cleared to play. Villanova investigated the situation before signing Quinerly and they played him.

As for Miller he’ll probably get suspended but at the time it’s important to note that talking to Dawkins wasn’t a crime or violation. The NCAA knew how the game was played and didn’t make it a rule for coaches not to have contact with “runners” until the FBI exposed it.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would love to hear you rationalize this statement

It was said 95% in jest, but off you look at the sham charges the NCAA is bringing at KU and look at the evidence that implicates UofA....

Yeah, as a UofA fan, I’d be ******** myself a bit if KU loses their fight cause UofA is in the queue. You should be rooting for KU to end all this crap.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There’s a few difference between the Kansas and AZ scandals but I expect to get at least one Level-1 violation due to Book pleading guilty to accepting bribes. I’m not sure if it means anything that there’s no proof a recruit or their family got paid. By all accounts Book pocketed the cash... Ayton, Alkins and Quinerly were the ones mentioned in the original investigations and all were cleared to play. Villanova investigated the situation before signing Quinerly and they played him.

As for Miller he’ll probably get suspended but at the time it’s important to note that talking to Dawkins wasn’t a crime or violation. The NCAA knew how the game was played and didn’t make it a rule for coaches not to have contact with “runners” until the FBI exposed it.

What are the differences?

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Are these sleazy as hell apparel companies ever held to task. Who would have ever thought that flipping sneaker companies would be the ruin of sports?

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are these sleazy as hell apparel companies ever held to task. Who would have ever thought that flipping sneaker companies would be the ruin of sports?

NCAA has no authority over them. The NCAA is the ruin of college sports IMO. Every other action is a reaction to their horrible decisions.

Reactions: TJ
OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
It was said 95% in jest, but off you look at the sham charges the NCAA is bringing at KU and look at the evidence that implicates UofA....

Yeah, as a UofA fan, I’d be ******** myself a bit if KU loses their fight cause UofA is in the queue. You should be rooting for KU to end all this crap.
I’m not rooting for anyone to get ransacked by the NCAA. I’m actually hoping that these schools work together to fight the NCAA as it’s just as, if not more, culpable in this fiasco.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I’ll reiterate-if the NCAA gives Arizona a fine, Miller suspension, or loss of scholarship, it would take it with minimal resistance. If, however, the NCAA tries to levy a postseason ban, they’ll be sued.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You all act like the NCAA is some independent authoritarian body. It's not. It's a voluntary association run by the member schools. All the rules the NCAA is enforcing were voted on by the member Presidents.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
You all act like the NCAA is some independent authoritarian body. It's not. It's a voluntary association run by the member schools. All the rules the NCAA is enforcing were voted on by the member Presidents.
And what does that have to do with the prince of tea in China? If a school thinks the NCAA overstepped its authority with over-the-top penalties, it’s assuredly going to be challenged. See UNC

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And what does that have to do with the prince of tea in China? If a school thinks the NCAA overstepped its authority with over-the-top penalties, it’s assuredly going to be challenged. See UNC

You wrote: "I’m actually hoping that these schools work together to fight the NCAA as it’s just as, if not more, culpable in this fiasco."

So they are going to fight themselves?

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
You wrote: "I’m actually hoping that these schools work together to fight the NCAA as it’s just as, if not more, culpable in this fiasco."

So they are going to fight themselves?

that’s not how any of this works

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thought I made it pretty clear.

Not really....

KU has a level 1 violation charge against Ayton getting paid (technically his family).

SDS was cleared to play TWICE and we are getting a level 1 charge against him getting paid (technically his guardian) to repay a payment from Under Armor to play for Maryland.

Billy Preston didn’t play one official game for KU, level 1 charge and was self reported by the University after his car wreck.

KU has a violation of Gassanola being at Late Night and talking to recruits on the phone “impermissably”.

We have one charge based upon one of your players and two charges that if you replace the name Gassanola with Dawkins and the name Townsend with Book would be your school.

On top of that Gassanola testified under oath that KU new nothing about these players getting paid, Dawkins does no favor to Miller. In fact, records show the opposite.

So how is it different again?

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Perspective