Arians: More o-line additions shortly

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Giacomini just signed with the Jets.....unfortunately

Adam Caplan@caplannfl 1m
#Jets agreed to terms with RT Breno Giacomini, the team announced.

Do u have any grades from the football focus about 2013 season
Of these players
Charles brown
Zach streif
David joseph
Donald Penn could be cut too

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I would strongly consider Oher if the price is right and by that I mean cheap. He has experience at LT & RT plus he is only 27 so he and Veldheer could solidify the bookends for the next few years.

Unless ARZ thinks Lewan slides to 20 or maybe Antonio Richardson in Round 2. I think ARZ is looking at players under 30 and not just stop gaps. Winston is probably the last option if they can't get a youngster.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was happy when we signed Winston last off season....and he did nothing during the season to make me think his signing was a mistake....one year prove it kinda deal...IMO he proved it just fine,...re-sign the man.

I don't agree. First half of the season he was getting beat fairly regularly IMO. Second half of the year is was solidish but nothing great. Good locker room guy and we could do worse but I'd prefer an upgrade.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oher hasn't been very good in a couple years.

I'd like to see Winston back. I know we didn't have a great line, but the second half of the season, the line was relatively solid (admittedly, with some extra protection). I'm completely sold on Veldheer/Cooper coming in on the right side, but are we really going to have 3..or potentially 4 new starters on that line? that seems a little scary to me...and I'd rather not see us dump that much money into the O-line when the D now has three major holes to fill with a pass-rusher, ILB and S...not to mention another starting CB if we're getting greedy.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was happy when we signed Winston last off season....and he did nothing during the season to make me think his signing was a mistake....one year prove it kinda deal...IMO he proved it just fine,...re-sign the man.
I agree. Winston is a good not great player. He did a good job last season. IMO he needs to be resign. Reason being, that none of the other tackles on the market are as good or better than Winston. Winston already knows what BA wants.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't agree. First half of the season he was getting beat fairly regularly IMO. Second half of the year is was solidish but nothing great. Good locker room guy and we could do worse but I'd prefer an upgrade.

What he said !!!!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Winston came to the team late...it takes time to get familiar with all of the line calls and such. Don't misunderstand, I aint saying he is all world or pro bowl or anything.....but he is a solid journeyman type experienced RT that now knows our system. I am not advocating giving him a booyah type contract just a fair contract for a starting RT...lock him up for five years so we have our bookends in place for a while....because we will need that experience and familiarity when we finally get our QBOF.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Daryn Colledge is available, maybe a cheap contract :) The team that cut him was paying him 7 million but he probably knows he wont get that again.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Winston came to the team late...it takes time to get familiar with all of the line calls and such. Don't misunderstand, I aint saying he is all world or pro bowl or anything.....but he is a solid journeyman type experienced RT that now knows our system. I am not advocating giving him a booyah type contract just a fair contract for a starting RT...lock him up for five years so we have our bookends in place for a while....because we will need that experience and familiarity when we finally get our QBOF.

I can agree with a good deal of what you say here but I 'm not feeling a 5 year deal. Maybe if there is a very small signing bonus so we won't have much dead money when we upgrade him. Massie or Sowell should play just as well and I would think an upgrade to all of them could be found in rd 3 or later in the draft.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I can agree with a good deal of what you say here but I 'm not feeling a 5 year deal. Maybe if there is a very small signing bonus so we won't have much dead money when we upgrade him. Massie or Sowell should play just as well and I would think an upgrade to all of them could be found in rd 3 or later in the draft.

Yeah if Shaughnessey is getting two years, that's the most Winston can expect at this point.

Sowell could be in the mix for RT definately. And he's pretty young.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jurecki tweeted that Winston is still a possibilty but that the Cardinals want to get more Physical on the OL.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

no team locks up a journeymen for five years.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Do u have any grades from the football focus about 2013 season
Of these players
Charles brown
Zach streif
David joseph
Donald Penn could be cut too

-9.2 Charles Brown
+28.9 Zach Streif graded out 2nd best FA OL per PFF
-34.4 David Joseph

As I stated before, I'd like to have Streif. Can't see Brown and definitely can't see any interest in Joseph.

***BTW Larsen graded out at -11 as a center. No grade as a guard.***

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I would love to see what happens with Donald Penn in Tampa Bay now that they signed Anthony Collins.

I would imagine the Raiders would pick him up if he was released, but if not, he would be a great player to bring in on a "prove it" deal.

That would give the Cardinals two pretty good tackles.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
-9.2 Charles Brown
+28.9 Zach Streif graded out 2nd best FA OL per PFF
-34.4 David Joseph

As I stated before, I'd like to have Streif. Can't see Brown and definitely can't see any interest in Joseph.

***BTW Larsen graded out at -11 as a center. No grade as a guard.***

Charles Brown was horrible with the Saints, so bad that they inserted a rookie for a critical game against Carolina. He is garbage.