Are you renewing your season tix?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some may do just that. Renew their ST's and sell individual games (most buyers are opposing fans). If things turn around, they can attend the games and keep their priority.
I did that last year. Made my money back. The Chiefs game alone I got $1500. If they are winning and exciting, I will not sell, I will go. All those home losses were just brutal. But, I did see the one victory when I took Shane.

Shane is the key to how we do this season. Will he show up so we can make the playoffs?

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
How far do those of you with season tickets commute to the stadium? I live 80 miles from there and can’t get myself to go to one game every year, couldn’t even fathom going to every game.
I'm 27 miles and live right off of the AZ-101 so it's pretty much a straight shot on the freeway. I used to live way out in the SE corner of the valley (before the AZ-202 linked up with the I-10 out West), and that was a bit of a pain, especially on weekdays.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, not in a huge way. Other than club seats and lofts (luxury boxes), all other ticket revenue is split among the teams, I believe.
They charge more for single game tickets for the same seats than they do season tickets.

It seems wrong that they make less money by renewals. It's like they don't want you to renew anymore. I remembered when they practically begged and gave us all kinds of free stuff.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Some may do just that. Renew their ST's and sell individual games (most buyers are opposing fans). If things turn around, they can attend the games and keep their priority.
I thought about this as well, but I've sat around many other STH's for a long time and don't want to personally contribute to opposing fans sitting right by them every week (even though that might end up happening anyway).

The guy who sits right next to me has been a STH since before I started and he and his family moved to Wisconsin but kept his seats, and I've given him tickets a few times - so I'm sure I could just buy some off him to go to a game or two a year if I get the itch.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I had season tickets from 1992-2001. I remember coming to select-a-seat day in 1992. I didn't have a credit card, yet, so I brought cash and they had to make a special exception for me, as they told me no, at first. Started in Section 27 and then eventually 28. Never missed a game...through all of the sunburns and winter storms (yes, I remember when the Giants were in town and it actually snowed). Those were awesome times. The only thing that got me to give them up, was moving to California.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Sold mine last year, after 19 years of having them…
The drive & traffic… The incredibly STUPID and OBNOXIOUSLY DRUNK fans and fights - which were not only from the opposing team… and of course, the decisions to RE-up Keim, Kliffy and Kyler were all too much for me…
And the way last season went… well, I hadn’t felt that good about a tough decision in a very long time!

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
(yes, I remember when the Giants were in town and it actually snowed).
I was there. It was snowing at our house around Tatum/Shea area, but in the stadium it was just freezing rain.

Oh, and our section/row was chosen as the winner for a hot pizza delivery in the game. They ended up delivering it to the wrong people, one section over.

Cardinals football in a nutshell.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
I was there. It was snowing at our house around Tatum/Shea area, but in the stadium it was just freezing rain.

Oh, and our section/row was chosen as the winner for a hot pizza delivery in the game. They ended up delivering it to the wrong people, one section over.

Cardinals football in a nutshell.
At halftime, the rain stopped and the sun peeked out...the temp dropped a few degrees and the rain turned to snow. Didn't stick, but it was snow. Most people were up under the concourse and stayed there the entire game. It was such a miserable day...and I remember it being a close game, maybe one score, and the Giants just running it down the Cards throats in the 4th qtr to hold the lead.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly, not in a huge way. Other than club seats and lofts (luxury boxes), all other ticket revenue is split among the teams, I believe.
Yep. This was from a recently posted article on here regarding the Packers season ticket prices.

You must be registered for see images attach

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I had season tickets from 1992-2001. I remember coming to select-a-seat day in 1992. I didn't have a credit card, yet, so I brought cash and they had to make a special exception for me, as they told me no, at first. Started in Section 27 and then eventually 28. Never missed a game...through all of the sunburns and winter storms (yes, I remember when the Giants were in town and it actually snowed). Those were awesome times. The only thing that got me to give them up, was moving to California.
We were in sec 27 as well for all those years. I remember the giants (snow game) very well. My son was freezing, but he wasn't leaving the game. Remember we had the wave dude? Or was I in 28? I don't remember too long ago for this old fart.

Oh and wasn't that the game where we blocked a punt and they still got a first down? Only the cards can pull that off.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
We were in sec 27 as well for all those years. I remember the giants (snow game) very well. My son was freezing, but he wasn't leaving the game. Remember we had the wave dude? Or was I in 28? I don't remember too long ago for this old fart.

Oh and wasn't that the game where we blocked a punt and they still got a first down? Only the cards can pull that off.
hahahaha...Yes! The wave dude...lol I remember him.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At halftime, the rain stopped and the sun peeked out...the temp dropped a few degrees and the rain turned to snow. Didn't stick, but it was snow. Most people were up under the concourse and stayed there the entire game. It was such a miserable day...and I remember it being a close game, maybe one score, and the Giants just running it down the Cards throats in the 4th qtr to hold the lead.
It was that game. We sat out there the whole time with ponchos. Never dreamed of leaving.

After that loss, we won the rest of the regular season games and made the playoffs as a Wild Card and beat Dallas. The Super Bowl run was great, but even that wasn't as sweet as making the playoffs and beating Dallas. That sounds crazy, but I think if you lived through that decade of misery and bad football at SDS you can understand.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
It was that game. We sat out there the whole time with ponchos. Never dreamed of leaving.

After that loss, we won the rest of the regular season games and made the playoffs as a Wild Card and beat Dallas. The Super Bowl run was great, but even that wasn't as sweet as making the playoffs and beating Dallas. That sounds crazy, but I think if you lived through that decade of misery and bad football at SDS you can understand.
I wish I could like this 10 times.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

So you're saying the Giants brought their weather with them?

More teams should try this. ;)

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I really don’t want to renew but it looks like it’s happening. My mom wants to keep going and one of her co-workers is splitting with us now and we are adding 2 more seats so he can bring his kids to the games too. At the end of the day I have a lot of problems with how things to going and if my mom didn’t want to go I wouldn’t renew. But at the end of the day, I am not going to miss out on that time with my mom, and my mom needs the time away from my now retired father lol

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That Giants game was brutal.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
If I lived in the Valley I'd be there. Brother and I had Iowa State season tickets, but those brutal outdoor November games put the kibosh on that. Having a climate-controlled stadium whether in Detroit or AZ is a blessing IMO.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Way gave a guy at the snack bar $5 bucks for 4 garbage bags to use as ponchos. Two of the four in our group ended up with pneumonia after that game. Barber scored on a 70+ yd screen if I remember correctly.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes I am. I was concerned after hearing of huge price hikes but I will only pay $160 more than last year (FYI, I’m in the lower bowl). Maybe they are increasing drastically in the upper deck?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes I am. I was concerned after hearing of huge price hikes but I will only pay $160 more than last year (FYI, I’m in the lower bowl). Maybe they are increasing drastically in the upper deck?
Our seats are in the rafters and our seats minus the Mexico Game Adjustment Refund are going to cost us $15 more than last season.

Let's go !!

You must be registered for see images attach

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do like how parking is "FREE." Then you get hit for a $20 Season Ticket "handling" fee and an $85 Facility Use Fee for each season ticket. SMH.