Anyone see ASU's hoop loss against Baylor?

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw the score and read the review. Were we just that flat, before storming back? Or was the game under Baylor's control the whole way?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw a lot of the game. We weren't too flat - led by 5 early.

Baylor just hit everything they threw up - especially 3's from a pro distance. Cut it to 4 late, but a 16 point lead was too great to overcome.

Not worried about this loss. Sendek has the team headed in the right direction. Even after they put a defensive beatdown on Pepperdine he would only focus on where they could have done more in that game. He doesn't want these players to get too content in the level of their play. He's always pushing for them to improve.

TheKid_1

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I saw the game too. Baylor had a stretch where they made 4 3-pointers in a row and converted a three point play as well. The game went from a tie to a 15pt deficit in literally 2 minutes. Baylor is a good team and will be ranked in the new polls.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baylor has some serious guard play. They're going to be a beast in tournament format.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baylor was definitely underrated coming into this season. They had a good season last year and have some real scorers.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Harden is a man amongst boys, but the rest of ASU's team is still inconsistent. You can pretty much always count on JP to get in foul trouble and Ty Abbott will go 1-9 from the field one game and 8-11 in the next. After that, they have some good players but nobody with enough athleticism to keep up with a quick team like Baylor.

ASU will be fine, having a top 5 draft pick on your roster ensures you a Tournament berth with the parity in today's college basketball.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'll be really surprised if Harden isn't POY in the Pac 10 this year.

Not any real competition, Collison is good but might not even be the best player on his own team(Jrue). Gibson is very good but not a POY type player.

About the only competition I can see is Brockman, I think Budinger and Hill are going to put up numbers but UA probably won't win enough games to have a POY candidate.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harden made some great moves last night, but is also getting really showboaty. I would be concerned about his hot-dogging - almost re-injured knee last night. He fouled out as well...

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harden is a man amongst boys, but the rest of ASU's team is still inconsistent. You can pretty much always count on JP to get in foul trouble and Ty Abbott will go 1-9 from the field one game and 8-11 in the next. After that, they have some good players but nobody with enough athleticism to keep up with a quick team like Baylor.

ASU will be fine, having a top 5 draft pick on your roster ensures you a Tournament berth with the parity in today's college basketball.

Thanks for putting us in our place, Mao.