Anyone ever owned investment property?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I like your thoughts Linderbee... yeah the 4 plex is already rented out but when I nosed around today there seemed to be some less desirable characters. Like I said, one of the quads in the complex (there are like 4 or 5) just got busted for being a drop house. I wonder how much liability there is for something like that, or if drugs are being sold out of the house?

My thoughts on this are, if you didn't know about the drug drop as a landlord, there's little liability. If you knowingly continued to rent to a problem like that, then it would be a liability situation. You have to take action and evict the people in those situations!

The problems you mentioned are good reasons to get a lower price, IMHO. Especially if the current owners haven't addressed them. Some people are too afraid of dealing with situations like that. If you aren't, get the property for less! They may say no way. Walk away from the deal with the parting shot of keeping you in mind if they want to make a deal. I know Realtors that say they got deals a week or two later when the sellers caved.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn