Another HC that should be considered....

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
is Bobby Petrino.

He's been a QB, WR/TE coach as well as OC and HC and has some NFL experience albeit limited. He's also young, only 45. Every where he has coached the offense has been very good.

He lost one game to a very good Rutgers team on the road and drops off everyones list.

Heres a link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Petrino

Boyd Cardinal

Reaction score
is Bobby Petrino.

He's been a QB, WR/TE coach as well as OC and HC and has some NFL experience albeit limited. He's also young, only 45. Every where he has coached the offense has been very good.

He lost one game to a very good Rutgers team on the road and drops off everyones list.

Amen. He would be my first choice. I live about 90 minutes from Louisville and they are my favorite college team. This guy appears to be the real deal and can flat coach his butt off. I would hate to be Wake Forest tonight. He has had an entire month to prepare for this game.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's worth considering. We'd have to wait until after tonight's game vs. Wake before contacting him.

One other coach to consider (probably as a highly paid assistant and not a HC) would be Alex Gibbs now that Mora has been let go in Atlanta.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah he'd be a sexy choice.

At this point I'm in "wait and see" mode.

However, if they choose Sherman I walk.

Alex Gibbs is intriging, but doesn't that mean that the whole line needs to be revamped with lighter guys?

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Yeah he'd be a sexy choice.

At this point I'm in "wait and see" mode.

However, if they choose Sherman I walk.

Alex Gibbs is intriging, but doesn't that mean that the whole line needs to be revamped with lighter guys?

I have been on the Bobby Petrino bandwagon from the beginning. He actually has had some real success at the NFL level as he led the high charged Jaguars offense of the mid 90's

I am also high on Kirk Ferentz who Peter King mentioned in todays MMQB.

Like you Spck i iwll be in full fledged revolt if they hire Sherman. Lets try and take someone from a winning program not the underachiving Packers and Texans please.....

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Look at the list of candidates. The Cards aren't going to pay anyhwere the money it takes to get Petrino.He'd be a good candidate but he's way out of their price range.Hell, NOrm Chow wants a HC job so bad that he may do it for free.Then the Cards will have the lowest paid GM, HC, and assisstant coaches in the league. But don't call the Bidwill's cheap because you'll get people on here defended their ways.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Petrino would take the money Denny got. He makes less than that now according to the link, and that raise was to keep him at the college ranks.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Petrino would take the money Denny got. He makes less than that now according to the link, and that raise was to keep him at the college ranks.

Agreed. Carroll will be at least 5 mil per season, where Petrino could be had at 2-3 mil per.

JC_AZ

JC_AZ
Reaction score
According what I read last night (Netscape-AOL, I will find the link), Ron Rivera is the top choice and Chow is also on the short list.

Red Hawk

JUST WIN!
Reaction score
is Bobby Petrino.

Atlanta thinks so!

Codeofhammurabi

Cards Fan Since 1971
Reaction score
is Bobby Petrino.

Looks like the Falcons listened to you.