Anomalisa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anomalisa

Release Date: December 30, 2015 (limited)
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Directors: Duke Johnson, Charlie Kaufman
MPAA Rating: R (for strong sexual content, graphic nudity and language)
Screenwriter: Charlie Kaufman
Genre: Comedy, Animation, Fantasy

Starring: Jennifer Jason Leigh, David Thewlis, Tom Noonan

Plot Summary: Charlie Kaufman's first stop-motion film about a man crippled by the mundanity of his life.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ok. So I'm in the Scottsdale fashion mall with my girlfriend and we needed to kill some time and they just opened that new fancy theater so we're like let's just go to whatever movie is starting right now. So this was the only thing that worked and so we went to see it.

I only give you the backstory so you can understand how bizarre this was for us because going in we knew nothing about it to the point that I had no idea that it was puppets.

Basically the movie was lost in translation with puppets.

The bulk of my review is going to be dedicated to the puppet nudity, and I don't mean like Barbie doll nudity, this is full anatomical frontal ******** with puppets who are voiced by professor lupin from Harry Potter.

It was so freaking funny I'm sorry I'm so immature but when that puppet Weiner hit the screen we were a mess for the rest of the movie.

Now that I see the poster on this thread I'm not sure where all the praise is coming from I mean it was an ok movie but nothing in just script terms I feel like if it had been humans instead of puppets this movie would be a total afterthought I think all those reviewers are just really into puppet sex.

[emoji1][emoji56]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm a MASSIVE fan of Kaufman's writing... but I can admit this one went WAYYYYYYYYYYY over my head.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm a MASSIVE fan of Kaufman's writing... but I can admit this one went WAYYYYYYYYYYY over my head.

Lol I feel the same way.

That puppet sex tho. So hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score

I enjoy most of his stuff, but yeah this was really strange. I toss stuff into my netflix queue and then watch it when it shows up a year or two later, so I had no idea what I was getting into by the time i watched it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson