Andy Reid. What would our ....

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
All the Chiefs fans I know are thrilled with the 9-0 start. But they are very aware of how they got there and what is lying ahead. Chief's fans are really good fans. Let them have their day in the sun.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I grew up in Kansas, and the Chiefs were my team in those days. And, have always been my second favorite team but WAY WAY below the Cards.

Chiefs history:

This is a franchise that has had numerous seasons with a similar great start. Especially during the Schottenheimer era. They are all scared that they will be burned, just like they were then. One of the greatest Chiefs' teams was beaten by a Vince Tobin defense in the playoffs. A game that certainly got Tobin the job in AZ.

This Chiefs team is not as good as some of those Schottenheimer teams. I've always liked Reid, and would've been thrilled with him as our coach. But this KC team is going to break the hearts of Chiefs fans.

even at 9-0, those fans have to know the Conference Finals is the team's ceiling with that offense.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if they were able to get through both Peyton and Brady/Luck, great D or not.

Good point, but I've been shocked before. And nearly a HUGE shock on 2/1/09. I left the stadium feeling...well I bet you can guess.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Say whatever you want about their strength of schedule. The Chiefs have beaten 6 of the 9 by more than a touchdown. Meanwhile the seahawks needed to score 10 points in the 4th to force overtime to beat the bucks.

I like BA but would fire him tonight if it meant getting Reid as our coach tomorrow.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Apparently, he'd have led us to the playoffs and to an epic meltdown that would probably have crashed the message board.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I blamed BA when we carried an ELEVEN point lead into the forth qtr. at St. Louis and lost . I must blame AR for what happened at Indy today . Some folks think it's all about the adjustments the trailing team makes , but I think it's more about the adjustments the big lead teams HC makes that allows the opponent to overtake and win the game .

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Apparently, he'd have led us to the playoffs and to an epic meltdown that would probably have crashed the message board.

Which would have been better than missing the playoffs and having the Cards kick coverage team have a meltdown that allowed SF to drive for the winning FG in the last game of the season.

Imagine the board meltdown if Tampa had upset NO and that happened.

2-14 to the playoffs in one season is a great accomplishment. 10-6, the best record for a first year Cardinals HC in the Super Bowl era, is a fine accomplishment as well.

Both guys did well.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Agreed. Arians inherited much less and led the team to a 10-6 record.

Also in a tougher division and much tougher schedule. Having said that Reid did a great job in KC. I'm just glad BA is out coach instead.