Andre Roberts lighting it up in camp so far...

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Think this might effect the potential signing of Braylon?

CardschatterDarren Urban

Amazing how confident and good WR Andre Roberts looks compared to the last time we were in Flagstaff.

You must be registered for see images

DavePaschDave Paschby mikejurecki

Andre Roberts continues to impress at WR. Could he be a #2? some here feel he can.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Would prefer to have Braylon at 2, Roberts at 3. The more weapons for Kolb the better.

OP
OP
Arizona's Finest

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Would prefer to have Braylon at 2, Roberts at 3. The more weapons for Kolb the better.

Couldnt agree more.

But I could see this coaching staff not want to block Roberts progress, which is why I brought it up.

Still we have a full camp to go so nothing affirmative either way, and even more reason to bring in Edwards. I would give him a 2 year deal with it being structured like Porters and alot of the money upfront if we want to cut him next year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I have faith in Roberts; he was open quite a bit at the end of the season, our QBs just failed to find him.

He's pretty good with his hands on the ball, and IMO he could post 60+ catches this season.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score

Agreed but I can understand the Cards' (or any other team quite frankly) hesitancy to sign him to a long term deal.

Short term? Absolutely.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Roberts is a heck of a route runner, and fast. Hence his wide open positioning against Dallas on his big TD play. Not quite as fast as say DJax, but a much better route runner.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Agreed but I can understand the Cards' (or any other team quite frankly) hesitancy to sign him to a long term deal.

Short term? Absolutely.

Yep, I'd be thrilled to add Braylon, just wouldn't give up the farm for him. With him, I think we have the best WR corps in football. Without him, we should still have a very good group.

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
I heard some high praise for our rookie WR Demarco Sampson by Bob Kemp. Said he is impressing people and getting a lot of reps and has great hands.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Think this might effect the potential signing of Braylon?

CardschatterDarren Urban

Amazing how confident and good WR Andre Roberts looks compared to the last time we were in Flagstaff.

Andre Roberts continues to impress at WR. Could he be a #2? some here feel he can.

Also, Andre Roberts looked like he might not make the team the last time they were in Flagstaff. It's a big jump.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Because he's danged good. Many of us lobbied for him in our mocks two years ago. Forget about the diva. Don't need him. Better off with keeping Fitz and Heap happy with consistent touches and attention----and sneaking big plays to Roberts, Stuckey, Sampson and Williams. That's the formula.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
I heard some high praise for our rookie WR Demarco Sampson by Bob Kemp. Said he is impressing people and getting a lot of reps and has great hands.

Prediction: he makes the roster and play a lot.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This one was pretty funny....

kentsomers Kent Somers
Fitz open deep, Skelton overthrows him, saw that last yr

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
pretty sure Roberts will make the final cut...hands, routes, and speed is a rare combination

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He was terrible last camp, so always good to hear him turn it around. Probably won't amount to much, it's pretty common for a WR to dominate camp/pre-season but disappear when it matters. Speaking of which, haven't heard much of Stephen Williams recently.

Reaction score
...and even more reason to bring in Edwards. I would give him a 2 year deal with it being structured like Porters and alot of the money upfront if we want to cut him next year.
Except that Edwards is reportedly asking for a 5-year $50 million deal! :shock:

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Except that Edwards is reportedly asking for a 5-year $50 million deal! :shock:

Actually, according to Gambo, Edwards is looking for "Breaston" money... which would put him at 5 years and $5 million per. Still WAY too much and he won't get that from anyone - unless there is a sudden rash of WR injuries...

I see no reason why you can't grab him for a 2 year deal at $3 million per, laced with incentives...

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Actually, according to Gambo, Edwards is looking for "Breaston" money... which would put him at 5 years and $5 million per. Still WAY too much and he won't get that from anyone - unless there is a sudden rash of WR injuries...

I see no reason why you can't grab him for a 2 year deal at $3 million per, laced with incentives...

That's what we're trying to do but he's hesitant because he thinks he can get a long-term deal.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Camp is camp. The only video on Roberts I've seen is him dropping some punts on the videos on the cards site. Not a good start. Hopefully that was just first day jitters.

And I really like Roberts, a lot...but I want him as #3 behind Edwards.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

5 years at 5 mill is too much, but 2 years at 5 mill each is fine by me. Guaranteeing half of it.

Reaction score

Not what I heard at lunch time, today! And the emphasis was that Edwards was looking for a long term deal (i.e. - 5 years) and that being the biggest obstacle to signing him...

It makes no sense for the Cardinals to sign Edwards to a deal they were unwilling to give Breaston! Sounding more and more like it's not going to happen.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Desean Jackson is fast, amazing speed and Roberts is nowhere close to him or anyone else for that matter, but Roberts even now is a better route runner...Doucet is a better route runner, the waterboy is a better route runner. When Jackson's speed slows down in his career he will be a below average WR unless he starts to concentrate on his routes and at the moment his ego and pure speed is stopping him from realizing this

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
5 years at 5 mill is too much, but 2 years at 5 mill each is fine by me. Guaranteeing half of it.

I can live with that... he's a former #3 overall pick. Essenstially risking $5 million on him seems like a pretty decent bet.

Not what I heard at lunch time, today! And the emphasis was that Edwards was looking for a long term deal (i.e. - 5 years) and that being the biggest obstacle to signing him...

It makes no sense for the Cardinals to sign Edwards to a deal they were unwilling to give Breaston! Sounding more and more like it's not going to happen.

At about 2:40pm today, I heard Gambo report that Edwards is looking for "Breaston type money", and the specifically state "5 years and $5 million per"...
Regardless, he's not going to get that deal from anyone.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the deal doesn't make sense, but it's not because we didn't pay breaston. Edwards is an elite talent, breaston-- much as we like him around here-- is not.