And they're off - March Madness Thursday

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I tend to overpick them because I was born there although I'm not really a Missouri fan.

Looked like they got killed on the boards and despite Missouri shooting great, Norfolk St shot even better.

That's the thing with the press if you break it you will get some easy shots.

That kid O'Quinn was a monster today! Looks like a legit stud... GREAT shooting touch for a 6'10" big man!

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I tend to overpick them because I was born there although I'm not really a Missouri fan.

Looked like they got killed on the boards and despite Missouri shooting great, Norfolk St shot even better.

That's the thing with the press if you break it you will get some easy shots.

Mizzou doesn't use the press any more. That was a Mike Anderson thing. They were an offense only team this year.

That's next year though isn't it?

Technically it was after the Big 12 tournament ;)

We're more than glad to be done with them.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Damn Mizzou. I had them in the Elite 8. Although one of the pools I'm in is against people from Missouri and they all had them in the Final 4. Well, one person didn't but they had Texas winning it all, so...

I had NC State beating SDSU. I called that one right at least.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
With Duke, Mizzou and Michigan losing today, I'm now up to 5 Sweet 16 picks and 2 Elite 8 picks lost. Luckily all my Final 4 picks are still in it.

I got Purdue over St. Mary's right.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't care that I'm out of it in one bracket - I'm giddy that Duke and Notre Dame are gone.

:bday:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lots of close games, but no real classics so far. besides the Duke/Mizzou games, the tourney's been a little boring to me this year.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Michigan State lost

How am I still leading in our pool even if Michigan State lost? I picked them to win.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got zero teams in the final 4. Had Baylor who lost. Had North Carolina who lost. Done for the year. Finished dead last.

OP
OP
Dback Jon

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had OSU and KY in final four. OSU in champ game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still sitting pretty :D

At this point Kansas is my #2 team. I'm rooting for Louisville because of Russ Smith but after that I want KU to win. I love Robinson both as a player and the great story of what he had to overcome, and I think Manning has done an amazing job with Withey.

I don't want UK to win because I'm convinced the title would eventually be vacated. I wouldn't be bummed if TOSU won but not my favorite.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since Louisville and Russ Smith is out I'm now hoping KU wins it. The Robinson story is so compelling it would be great for him and the job Manning has done with Withey is so interesting to watch. My gut says KU doesn't have enough outside shooting to knock off UK but we'll see. Not a kansas fan by any means but Self has done a masterful job this year admittedly talent overall is watered down but this is not an ultra talented KU team but they play really well together and have over achieved.

UK is fun to watch but there's just this nagging perception that everything we're watching will be negated in a few months when the NCAA discovers some problem and vacates.

If I were Self I'd spend the pre game lobbying the refs on 2 points, MKG walks everytime he drives to the basket he walks before he ever dribbles and he walks on that spin move. And, get them to call Teague using his left hand to push off the defender when he dribbles, it was REALLY obvious against Louisville and they weren't calling him on it.

My inclination is UK is just too good but I certainly hope it's a good game and would like to see KU pull it out.

There's rumor Calipari wants to be the next Knicks coach.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard