An Asterisk Championship?

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
I made the mistake of listening to some sports radio this morning. I was bemused and incensed at some of the commentary that the Suns have only advanced and will only win out because of injuries to other teams. Be prepared for more of this garbage as the days wear on.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Banners fly forever.

Paul has been hurt twice and on the covid list for 33% of the W. Conf Finals.
Booker had his face broke by a maniac.
Cam missed the clincher due to being sick.

We are RUNNING THIS JOINT!!!!
This. Also CP literally played games 3-6 with an legit injury on his shooting hand. We also lost Payne to an ankle sprain for pretty much the whole 3rd game and he was a thorn in the side of the Clippers up to that point.

Strongstyle

Rookie
Reaction score
***** the haters. They're just jealous it's not them cause if it was their team they wouldn't be saying any of it. In 10 years nobody will care about the path that was put in front of us.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
You can play this game every year in every sport. Nobody wants to admit that luck is involved in deep runs like this but it does

Injuries, suspensions, matchups are all factors

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stupid suggestion. The Suns beat the Lakers WITH Lebron. They defeated the MVP. They also had their challenges with CP3 Shoulder Injury, Booker broken nose, CP3 Covid19, Payne ankle, Johnson foot poisoning and CP3 torn ligaments.

They can kiss it.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's no denying that we got our share of luck (so far) this season. Big deal. The people that are pushing this narrative are mostly fans of teams that honestly would be every bit as worthy of an asterisk if they advanced.

Fully healthy, the Lakers would beat us but the Clippers would still be going home in the conference finals. Unless Utah was fully healthy and then it's quite possible they'd have lost the round earlier.

The Nets and Lakers for that very short time when they were fully healthy were above everyone, beyond that any team that wins it all this year will do so (in part) due to good fortune. It happens often, there's just more whining about it this season than usual.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s illogical to say the Lakers if healthy since one of their big two has never played a full season averages missing 20 games a year and The other star has missed considerable games last three years

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s illogical to say the Lakers if healthy since one of their big two has never played a full season averages missing 20 games a year and The other star has missed considerable games last three years
I'm not sure why that's illogical? They had more talent than all but the Nets, recognizing their talent doesn't change the fact the game is played on the court. And if they aren't on the court that's not on us.

Anyway, as good as they were, it was always doubtful that either the Nets or the Lakers would be healthy and in peak condition. After decades of bad luck in the postseason, I'm not going to apologize for making it to the finals no matter who was missing.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I think the only series we lose if everyone is 100% is the Clippers series. I still like our chances vs the Lakers and we still dominate Denver. The Suns deserve some luck and we ain’t apologizing for it.

Reactions: TJ

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Haters gonna hate. In 5 years no one will remember this season but Suns fans anyway.
EVERY season has injuries and setbacks.
But if Kawai wasn't injured.....but he was, the show must go on.(build a better team)
Anyone that says anything to me about it will be invited to kiss my asterisk.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haters gonna hate. In 5 years no one will remember this season but Suns fans anyway.
EVERY season has injuries and setbacks.
But if Kawai wasn't injured.....but he was, the show must go on.(build a better team)
Anyone that says anything to me about it will be invited to kiss my asterisk.
Kiss me asterisk... ha! Gotta remember that one.

any LA fan spews that garbage throw the Dodgers 60 game season “World Series Championship” in their face. They’ll shut up REAL quick.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's a sure thing either way, but guess what? Part of the game is being healthy. I mean anybody who says that we only beat the Lakers because Davis was out needs to tell us how frequently he's actually healthy. Whoever makes it to the finals I'm really hoping they are fully healthy. I think this Phoenix team is good enough to be anybody in 7 games and I'd rather not hear that they somehow aren't legitimate champions even if I do think it's nonsense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it's a sure thing either way, but guess what? Part of the game is being healthy. I mean anybody who says that we only beat the Lakers because Davis was out needs to tell us how frequently he's actually healthy. Whoever makes it to the finals I'm really hoping they are fully healthy. I think this Phoenix team is good enough to be anybody in 7 games and I'd rather not hear that they somehow aren't legitimate champions even if I do think it's nonsense.

good to see you Joe!