Amnestied.....

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Pacers amnestied Reggie Miller, so no release of Croshere

Raptors amnestied Alonzo Mourning, so no release of Jalen Rose.

With Indiana using it's option on Reggie, the deal with Dallas for Finley may still be in the works.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
From the ESPN article:

According to ESPN.com's Marc Stein, other notable amnesty cuts are the Wolves' Fred Hoiberg, the Celtics' Vin Baker, the Pistons' Derrick Coleman, the Grizzlies' Troy Bell, the Heat's Wesley Person, the Bulls' Eddie Robinson.

I wonder if Hoiberg will ever be able to play again after his heart surgery.

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Michael Finley's final day with the Mavericks arrived Monday, when the team was still exploring trade options leading up to a deadline to waive its longtime leader and captain. Under a one-time amnesty provision in the NBA's new labor contract, the Mavericks would save $51 million in luxury taxes over the next three years by waiving Finley, who would become an unrestricted free agent.

Finley would still be guaranteed the $51 million left on his contract, plus whatever money he gets from a new team. He wouldn't be able to re-sign with the Mavericks until his original contract expires after the 2007-08 season, when he will be 35.
its official.

fordronken

Reaction score
It'd be pretty funny if all along Finley wanted to get waived and sign with the Suns, but he was afraid the Mavs would keep him or trade him if Cuban knew that, so he made up a rumour about wanting to go to Miami.

myrondizzo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
how funny would that be? if nothing else cuban would get booed.

Dustbuster

Veteran
Reaction score
Has Michael Finley not actually been cut? I guess they are going to let it go to the 11th hour, hoping against hope to get a trade.

jlove

AZ Born and Bred!!!
Reaction score
Dustbuster said:
Has Michael Finley not actually been cut? I guess they are going to let it go to the 11th hour, hoping against hope to get a trade.

I think they are still trying to trade him, rather than dropping him. Dallas is still uncertain as to whether or not he'd sign with Phoenix if he's cut.

scudney

Registered
Reaction score
That's weird. He was on that list about a few hours ago when I checked.

I'm pretty sure that list was the source for myrondizzo's post as well.