Amari Cooper available

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
always makes me weary when a team shops a good player as they know more than anyone, however it worked out incredibly for Chandler Jones.

Not sure if Amari has declined at all but I believe hes still young. Kirk and Cooper would be a solid duo.

Raiders reportedly looking for first rounder. I dont think the first this year would be worth it as were looking at a top 5 pick, maybe if the raiders tossed us amari and a likely high second in return it would be worth at least considering?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
$13M fifth-year option. I like Cooper and think he can do better in a different system, but no thanks.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Yes get him. I would try first to offer a third rounder but I would go with our number two. Our first round pick is too high. That would be a top ten pick if not a top five. I would love to have him.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yes get him. I would try first to offer a third rounder but I would go with our number two. Our first round pick is too high. That would be a top ten pick if not a top five. I would love to have him.
Cardinals 2nd rd pick is like a late 1st rd pick.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gruden still denying it but I guess now there's both Glazer and Rapoport saying they've discussed it.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
always makes me weary when a team shops a good player as they know more than anyone, however it worked out incredibly for Chandler Jones.

Not sure if Amari has declined at all but I believe hes still young. Kirk and Cooper would be a solid duo.

Raiders reportedly looking for first rounder. I dont think the first this year would be worth it as were looking at a top 5 pick, maybe if the raiders tossed us amari and a likely high second in return it would be worth at least considering?

He's not good.

Other than is rookie year he has been terrible.

Oakland is even more desperate for an offensive weapon than us, and can't get him to do anything and wants to move him.

I would not trade a 4th rounder for this dude let alone a 1st

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
He is one of the rare WRs out there that have a combination of great speed, good size, excellent route running, but he has problems catching the ball. His hands always seemed solid at least, so it's probably a mental issue. He is basically a faster Michael Floyd. Like him or not, he clearly needs a fresh start and if we don't involve a draft pick in the top 3 roudns, why not bank on his undeniable upside? At the very least he could stretch the field and add some outside presence.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's not good.

Oakland is even more desperate for an offensive weapon than us, and can't get him to do anything and wants to move him.

Not terrible but yeah not worth a 1st round pick given his contract status. What appears to have happened to him is Crabtree fell off which made it easier to double Cooper and his 3rd year was also marred by some injuries(had him on my fantasy team was listed injured almost every week). So it was Him, Crabtree and Jared Cook but when Crabtree fell to under 60 catches and far less yards, Cooper was impacted. This year they got Jordy Nelson who has been very good, not great, but Cook has become the favorite target for Carr.

I would trade for him but not a high pick. I would trade a 4th for him, quite frankly he could start for us right away and help us, but if they're really trading him it likely means he thinks hes' much better than he is and they don't want the contract negotiations.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Not terrible but yeah not worth a 1st round pick given his contract status. What appears to have happened to him is Crabtree fell off which made it easier to double Cooper and his 3rd year was also marred by some injuries(had him on my fantasy team was listed injured almost every week). So it was Him, Crabtree and Jared Cook but when Crabtree fell to under 60 catches and far less yards, Cooper was impacted. This year they got Jordy Nelson who has been very good, not great, but Cook has become the favorite target for Carr.

I would trade for him but not a high pick. I would trade a 4th for him, quite frankly he could start for us right away and help us, but if they're really trading him it likely means he thinks hes' much better than he is and they don't want the contract negotiations.

We need everything we can at this point. Especially at our (possibly) biggest need (excluding a new coach). This is Fitzgerald’s last season and Christian Kirk is our only other NFL level receiver. I’d offer a 3rd and see what happens. The need for a morale boost is needed before we have a mass mutiny

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need everything we can at this point. Especially at our (possibly) biggest need (excluding a new coach). This is Fitzgerald’s last season and Christian Kirk is our only other NFL level receiver. I’d offer a 3rd and see what happens. The need for a morale boost is needed before we have a mass mutiny

I think a 3rd is too high for the reason mentioned in my post. If the Raiders want to trade him it probably means they have had enough discussions to know they're WAY apart on what they think his value is, and what he thinks it is. My guess is if he came to ARizona that would not change. If he plays well, he's reinforcing his opinion he should get a huge new contract, if he doesn't play well he'll just chalk it up to a new team and look at how bad your offense was. It's a no win situation.

4th rounder if we get value out of him great, if not, it's not a huge loss.

I do like the kid.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The agony of 2 JJ Nelsons on this years team would be unbearable. 5th-6th round pick and cut Nelson is as far as i'd go, no extension. Then pray he can get past the drops with Fitz tutelage. Consider picking up option after season if he doesn't suck and thus he'd have 1 1/2 years to earn a contract or net us a comp pick in 2021.

His drop rate for his volume is this decades(and then some) worst.

He also has 13.5m rfa option for 2019.

Great talent, but breaks your heart with dropped passes. Buy low or look elsewhere imo. I know we need something for the future, but high cap hit, loss of mid-high draft pick and dropsies is a recipe for disaster. We don't need to be #1 in drops as well.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Coopers-Drop-Rate-Ranks-Among-NFLs-Worst-479158283.html
Over the past three seasons, Cooper has had a drop rate of 13.62 percent, which ranks fourth-worst in the NFL (among qualifying receivers) behind Torrey Smith (16.82), J.J. Nelson (15.91) and Raiders teammate Seth Roberts (14.39).
He's actually worse, because he had a good, rookie or 2nd year, but other than that has has been as bad or worse than Nelson.

Okay, his 2nd year he only dropped 4 passes.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/fantasy-football-metrics-that-matter-drop-rate
Amari Cooper stands out as well, and that should come as no surprise. Cooper led the league in drops (18) and drop rate (20.0 percent) in his rookie season (2015), but then seemed to get past the issue in 2016, dropping only four passes. In 2017, Cooper again led the league in drop rate (17.2 percent). Not only are these numbers bad, but they’re historically bad. Since 2007, there have only been three players to see at least 100 targets and post a drop rate of 17 percent or worse: Braylon Edwards (2007 and 2008), Greg Little (2011), and Cooper (2015 and 2017)

20 percent his rookie year, 17.2 percent last year, I know he's had some crucial ones this year as well, but can't find any stats.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I think a 3rd is too high for the reason mentioned in my post. If the Raiders want to trade him it probably means they have had enough discussions to know they're WAY apart on what they think his value is, and what he thinks it is. My guess is if he came to ARizona that would not change. If he plays well, he's reinforcing his opinion he should get a huge new contract, if he doesn't play well he'll just chalk it up to a new team and look at how bad your offense was. It's a no win situation.

4th rounder if we get value out of him great, if not, it's not a huge loss.

I do like the kid.

I hear you. But I have a bad feeling that something awful is going to happen if we don’t open up the field soon and give the team some hope. This team is veering into dangerous territory when it comes to morale

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only thing that would make me not care if we traded a 1st rounder for him is that Keim usually screws up the first round but since we're probably going to get a top 3 pick even Keim can't screw that up. Can he?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's not good.

Im here in the bay and working with Raider fans everyday and they can't stand him. He's a name at this point and that's it

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raiders questioning Amari Cooper’s passion for football?

I don't think they think Amari Cooper's got great passion for the sport. I don't think they think he loves football. That's what I'm hearing coming out of that building." -- @mlombardiNFL on why #Raiders are willing to part with Amari Cooper. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-ringer-nfl-show/id1109282822?mt=2&i=1000421955222 …
https://t.co/J1XRyx6jFr
http://larrybrownsports.com/football/raiders-questioning-amari-coopers-passion/469017

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I would take Cooper...kid has some talent but hasnt been able to put it all together in oakland... he and carr have an issue...carr will look past him when he is wide open and throw to a covered cool instead.

but...I wouldnt give up more than a fifth round pick for him...maybe sixth considering how high our picks are gonna be

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
For the cheap, ask any Fantasy owner or Raider fan, what he can do. Oldmen Crabtree and Jordy Nelson out produce him. Stay away from him, only if he comes cheap. But pay nothing for him

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would make the move for a 3rd.

We are likely going to need to add a FA WR next year anyways...so that offsets the cost a bit and it wouldn't count against our comp pick formula.

He may play well enough were even if we don't re-sign him, someone will and we get a comp pick for letting him go.

If he is really good it will because of Rosen, and we can lock Cooper up while Rosen is still on his rookie deal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave