Amare is a dirty "master of psychology"

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Somebody call the Waaaaaambulance.

Sounds like Blazers fans need some emergency cry baby assistance.

OP
OP
Sunburn

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Does anyone notice while the Suns are on D, when the whistle blows for a dead ball, and a Blazer attempts a shot, Amare is ALWAYS near the rim and blocks it? This is the same tactic that KG employs to prevent a 'practice' shot of going in.

Do you think it affects the psyche of any of the young Blazer players or just gets under their skin?

I've noticed it and I absolutely love it. Don't let anything go in that hoop. There will be no practice freebies to help a guy get into a rhythm. Love it. I've seen our other players do it but Amare was the first I noticed and he seems to do it more than the others, therefore I credit him with incorporating this. KG is the most intense defensive minded player I've ever seen. Adopting his mannerisms and attitude on defense can only help our team. Screw Scott Williams for saying he didn't like it. I couldn't believe that guy. Here's our commentator criticizing Amare for not giving the other team a free practice shot. And Williams seems like a hard nosed guy to me. Couldn't believe it. Get lost Williams. Shut the F$^k up and get another job. Lost a ton of respect for him. Gained a ton of respect for Amare.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I've noticed it and I absolutely love it. Don't let anything go in that hoop. There will be no practice freebies to help a guy get into a rhythm. Love it. I've seen our other players do it but Amare was the first I noticed and he seems to do it more than the others, therefore I credit him with incorporating this. KG is the most intense defensive minded player I've ever seen. Adopting his mannerisms and attitude on defense can only help our team. Screw Scott Williams for saying he didn't like it. I couldn't believe that guy. Here's our commentator criticizing Amare for not giving the other team a free practice shot. And Williams seems like a hard nosed guy to me. Couldn't believe it. Get lost Williams. Shut the F$^k up and get another job. Lost a ton of respect for him. Gained a ton of respect for Amare.

I didn't mind Williams sharing his opinion but I like it too. Intimidation and head games are huge. I don't think all players are effected by it but you know some are.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It's funny how the Blazers are crippled. Injuries happen, I don't need to hear about that over and over. If you lose your out, shutup and wait till next year.

It's funny that everyone keeps talking about how inspirational the Blazers are and how they "make no excuses" and dont "worry about their injuries" yet that's all the players talk about and thats all the Portland/National media brings up constantly.

One Portland fan even posts in the comments of this article:

"Even though we've lost 300+ games to injuries this season, we dont make excuses!"

lol I dont mind all their crying about how rough and tough we are though. It's actually kind of be the bad guys for once. Portland is a lot softer than I thought if they really think we are big bad bullies. I was courtside at the game last night (I'm no bigshot, was a total imposter because my brother took me, pretty sure I was the only guy courtside wearing sweats and a T-shirt lol) but being that close I could see everything happening even after the whistle and we were both commenting the whole game about how it was one of the LEAST physical games we've ever seen much less in the playoffs. Then I come home and read a bunch of comments from Portland fan whining about how we're roughing them up and how "dirty" the Suns are.

It's pretty funny :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sunburn

Sunburn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I didn't mind Williams sharing his opinion but I like it too. Intimidation and head games are huge. I don't think all players are effected by it but you know some are.

That's not his place to criticize a practice that encourages the correct defensive philosophy on this team. A defensive philosophy that could win more games for us and, potentially, be the key to MY team winning a championship. I didn't see the practice hurting the Celtics at all. Williams is our f*&king television commentator, not our coach, not anyone who is being paid to decide what is not good for my basketball team. He should either be kissing the team's ass (his job) or keep his big f'ing mouth shut. I took huge exception to this.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Even though we've lost 300+ games to injuries this season, we dont make excuses!"

Yeah, it reminds me of what you'd hear everytime the Sonics played back in the 70's: "Dennis Johnson is the most underrated player in the NBA". At some point if everyone is talking about how great someone is it's hard to call him underrated. And I'm sorry but if national media, local media and the team itself keeps talking about injuries you can't claim to be an excuse free zone.

Steve

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been around Amare to know he takes this as a compliment. He fancies himself a tactician. That's why he's often (mis)quoting Sun Tzu. I have no doubt he's doing most of this on purpose.

The problem is Amare has a difficult time keeping his own head, though that scene in Game 3 and Game 4, both times he walked back over to Gentry with a smile on his face when in the past I think he would have been throwing blows. That was impressive.

hjplatt2

Reaction score
Ask Andrew Bogut....

all you need to know about Amare'....

go to youtube and search on Amare and Andrew Bogut...

Really ugly and not acceptable

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
all you need to know about Amare'....

go to youtube and search on Amare and Andrew Bogut...

Really ugly and not acceptable

But Bogut posted on his Twitter account: (Stoudemire) should not take any blame. It was a freak of a thing that happened. Full stop. Amar'e is a good sport."

Next?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Hey, gotta give credit to Bogut for developing a passionate fan base, even if some of them are full of hooey.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Amare a genius? Master of psychology? This guy who wrote the article obviously knows nothing about basketball! LOL!

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of his articles almost paints Grant Hill as a bad guy! Poor courtside ticketholders!!

He's worse than that writer from Chicago who wrote that the Suns were "Short, Soft, and Spastic" back in '93.

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/or...f/2010/05/blazers_playoff_exit_no_reason.html

John Canzano said:
Before all that talk began, the ushers inside the Rose Garden were just doing their job when they held a red rope leading from the court to the visiting locker room tunnel that blocked a group of Blazers courtside ticket holders until Hill finished his interview.

Any of the fans seemingly trapped at the bottom of Sections 103 and 104 could have easily walked up the area stairway, spilled into the concourse, and located an exit that would have led to the parking garage. What was really blocked by that rope was the shorter and more glamorous exit route that led from the courtside seats through the arena tunnel, past the Courtside Lounge bar and bowels of the arena, where exiting fans sometimes catch a glimpse of an NBA player, out to the parking garages.

"I neeeeeeed to go that way," one woman said. "We pay a lot of money for these courtside seats and I valet-parked my car down there."

A second ticket holder --a twenty-something male in a flat-brimmed baseball cap -- refused to step away from the rope. He eventually got mouthy, then belligerent, and three gray-coated security guards showed up on the scene and walked him up the stairs. He turned back and shouted at the ushers as he climbed the stairs.

They ignored him and explained that they couldn't allow anyone to pass beyond the rope until all players from both teams had left the court. Hill was still on the court, doing that interview.

Of course, Hill was oblivious to the wait he created. When the league's three-time sportsmanship award winner finished the interview, he began to run off, then saw a group of Nike executives on the other side of the court. So the Suns guard jogged over for a back-patting chat. Also, Blazers president Larry Miller saw Hill and walked over and hugged Hill, and joined the chat while those ticket holders across the way folded their arms watching from behind the red rope.

Hill wrapped up 10 minutes later, and walked toward the ropes, which set off a sarcastic round of applause from the waiting Blazers fans who were done with the season.

Hill, of course, missed the joke. He must have figured that the applause came from Suns fans because Hill reached out and tried to high-five the miffed Blazers fans as he brushed past and disappeared down the tunnel.

The fans mostly left him hanging.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard