Alvin Gentry 2012-13 (?)

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like him. He is not the greatest Xs and Os coach but has excelled at developing his bench and putting some marginally talented players in positions to succeed. We need that kind of coach right now. No doubt Nash made him look better than he is but even with Nash's greatness we dont have the kind of rosters to justify the amount of wins we have had during Gentry's reign.

JustWinBaby

Veteran
Reaction score
Gentry has been lost since our last coach left, if Nash leaves he will look really bad because that's what's been saving him the last 2-3 years. I've seen him get out coached so many times it turns my stomach, stupid ass things like starting Lopez over Pole Town, stupid player/clock management, I hope Gentry gets bounced like a basketball.

Wow

I don't know what's not to like about Gentry

What really gets me is the same old story, when Nash leaves he will really be a bad coach.

What happened to Jackson when Jordan decided to play Baseball for a while. How many championships did the Bulls win?

Players win games and lose games. Gentry has given this team a chance to win every night and has played the players that management has given him.

He is a very good coach and appears to be an even better man.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow

I don't know what's not to like about Gentry

What really gets me is the same old story, when Nash leaves he will really be a bad coach.

What happened to Jackson when Jordan decided to play Baseball for a while. How many championships did the Bulls win?

Players win games and lose games. Gentry has given this team a chance to win every night and has played the players that management has given him.

He is a very good coach and appears to be an even better man.
Just my opinion amigo, I think some fresh blood would be good for the club, escpecially if we ever want to think about playing defense. But we can pick out a corner by the Suns place when he gets the boot, light up some candles...some nice flowers and have all the poorly hand written signs...some news cameras during heart felt tears if the timing comes together.

chickenhead

Reaction score
I like Gentry. I'm open to improvement, but I've watched enough hockey to know the diminishing marginal returns of coaching changes. It's one thing if you're a contender and your coach has lost the locker room--but that's not the case here. In fact, if I were the Heat I'd take Gentry over Spoelstra and be thrilled to do so.

But it's up to Gentry, too. He's got a year to show that he's the coach for the rebuild. If he's offended and leaves because of it, that's also his choice. But he may be here 5 years from now and we may be pretty happy with it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just my opinion amigo, I think some fresh blood would be good for the club, escpecially if we ever want to think about playing defense. But we can pick out a corner by the Suns place when he gets the boot, light up some candles...some nice flowers and have all the poorly hand written signs...some news cameras during heart felt tears if the timing comes together.

Elston Turner was added to improve the Suns defense. However, the Suns have not had the personnel to really tighten the screws.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Elston Turner was added to improve the Suns defense. However, the Suns have not had the personnel to really tighten the screws.
I remember when they hired a defensive coordinator for Dantony in NY...how did that one play out again? Let's get a coach that will coach on both ends of the court, if we only wanted offense we should have stayed with Dantony :p

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Marjele will probably get the nod knowing this team and I'm cool with that.
I watched Dan Majerle for years and I've met him. I just don't think he's Head Coach material. Not the guy at the top.

He may have matured a little since his playing days, but Thunder Dan is a flake.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard