Alternate Kyler theory

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
something i have been thinking about:

We know Kyler basically gives 0 Fs about what he says / acts / thinks vs the politically correct or proper thing

we also know that he and Kliff were at odds

so with that in mind:

Is it possible that Kyler was so frustrated how Kliff ran the team, how things were done, the standards set, etc. -- that it was the source of his "bad attitude"?

not saying Kyler is perfect, or that the way he handled things were ok

but i find the change in demeanor -- from merely prickly to downright dour-- hard to understand

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

We know Kyler basically gives 0 Fs about what he says / acts / thinks vs the politically correct or proper thing

so with that in mind:

Is it possible that Kyler was so frustrated how Kliff ran the team, how things were done, the standards set, etc. -- that it was the source of his "bad attitude"?

but i find the change in demeanor -- from merely prickly to downright dour-- hard to understand
If it is, my opinion of him is worse. Good leaders rise above that crap and keep their heads in the game for their teammates. Bad leaders give into that crap and it shows.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

so with that in mind:

I think I mentioned before, that Murray always struck me as someone who knows he needs to be held accountable...and Kliff's downfall was accountability.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

so with that in mind:

No. I don't think so.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler has an attitude for sure but KK did make it even worse I'm sure. We need a coach that will put his little ass under center & teach him how to read a defense & his whole attitude will change imo. He's never really had to play that way but it's way overdue.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it is a minute possibility, but I don't think that is why Kliff got fired.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Pretty giddy at the potential for positive change right now...

Keim - out
Kliff - out
Kyler - new HC (needs someone who will hold him accountable/get the best out of him)
Simmons/Collins - get a legit DC that can utilize their talents
Top 3 pick - impact player in round 1 and 2 (at least)

Stout

Reaction score

Keim - out
Kliff - out
Kyler - new HC (needs someone who will hold him accountable/get the best out of him)
Absolutely. With the right hires, we can get better relatively quickly. I think next year is a wash, but we could be in the playoffs again in 2024.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Right hires concept no slam dunk. How many of us felt the Niners would improve so much with their backup QB. Luck? Maybe. “Magic Touch?” Could be a so-called FO “It Factor” (i.e. Right Hire).

If it were easy, we’d have 32 standout GM’s in the NFL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Absolutely. With the right hires, we can get better relatively quickly. I think next year is a wash, but we could be in the playoffs again in 2024.
Arians took a pretty pedestrian roster in year one and won 10 games.

The cupboard right now isn't as close to as bare as it was in the beginning with Arians.

Stout

Reaction score

The cupboard right now isn't as close to as bare as it was in the beginning with Arians.
I'm factoring in we will have our mobility-based QB hampered, if not out, for some time, and also how bad our roster shape is in cap wise thanks to Keim.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm factoring in we will have our mobility-based QB hampered, if not out, for some time, and also how bad our roster shape is in cap wise thanks to Keim.
The thing is, 2024 the Cardinals have a ton of cap space. That means it only takes some adjusting and the Cardinals can sign who they need.

Good teams aren't really built through FA anyway. If the Cardinals get some good impact from their draft class, they could be competitive next year.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Are you saying this right now, or are you saying it with the roster under contract for 2023?

Because if you strip out pending free agents like Murphy and Allen then you kind of have a roster of okay guys but no budget to sign difference-makers.

And also Rondale Moore.

Stout

Reaction score
The thing is, 2024 the Cardinals have a ton of cap space. That means it only takes some adjusting and the Cardinals can sign who they need.

Good teams aren't really built through FA anyway. If the Cardinals get some good impact from their draft class, they could be competitive next year.
Eh, we don't really, though. On the face of it we have a decent amount of space and can free up more; when you factor in just how few players at key positions we have signed for next year, that cap space will be gobbled up quickly. There's only so many holes you can plug with rookies/cheap JAGs.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

so with that in mind:

Well if you are right he is in for a rude awakening, because I am just about positive no coach is going to be as easy on him as Kliff was.

I think he needs to be held accountable, and getting rid of his little yes man Cam Turner as QB coach will be a good first step.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler is only interested if he respects you and your talent, like Colt (Texas Legend). He probably thought once the wheels came off that Kliff hasn’t changed from type i.e. choking late season. Loses respect for Kliff. Bring someone in with a big old SB ring on his finger and see how Kyler reacts

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Keim - out
Kliff - out
We will not be seeing Simmons playing safety here on out.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Arians had prime PP, Calais, Washington, Fitz... and well, yeah, I guess that was pretty much it. Pretty bare indeed. They Overhauled the team pretty good in that first offseason.

I wouldn’t rule out playoffs next year if we get a great HC. Who knows the wonders some might be able to make with some of our underachievers.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Arians had prime PP, Calais, Washington, Fitz... and well, yeah, I guess that was pretty much it. Pretty bare indeed. They Overhauled the team pretty good in that first offseason.

I wouldn’t rule out playoffs next year if we get a great HC. Who knows the wonders some might be able to make with some of our underachievers.
We have 33 players under contract including JJ Watt. A lot of the players we have are at non-premium positions or still need developing.

I think 2023 is going to be pretty bleak.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We have 33 players under contract including JJ Watt. A lot of the players we have are at non-premium positions or still need developing.

I think 2023 is going to be pretty bleak.
Some definite business decisions will get made when it comes to player's re-signing. I would like to see Murphy and Allen back but it is probably a long shot. Only hope is that both are looking for multi year deals so you can spread the cap hit. Also, if we go outside of the org for GM/HC I am sure Brown gets traded. There is just no way you can justify an extension and he is easier to deal than Hopkins. I am curious to see what happens with Simmons. Non-premium position and a player they might be able to get something for. I am sure the Cardinals will get calls about Humphries with a regime change. It would be real easy to strip this thing down and stockpile picks. Not saying that is the best path forward but it is a viable option.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Here is your 2023 roster so far and the cupboard is looking mighty bare:

QBs: Kyler Murray (on IR), Colt McCoy
RBs: James Conner, Keyontay Ingram
WRs: DHop, Hollywood, Rondale, Anderson, Baccellia
TEs: Ertz, McBride
OTs: Hump, Josh Jones,
OGs: Lecitus Smith, Marquis Hayes
C: Rodney Hudson (Retiring)

DT: Leki Fotu, Lawrence, Manny Jones
DE: Golden, Cam Thomas,
Edge: Dennis Gardek, Myjai Sanders, Victor Dimukeje, Jesse Luketa
ILB: Simmons, Collins
S: Baker, Thompson
CB: Marco Wilson, Christian Matthew

P:
K:
LS:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and the Cardinals currently have a whopping $33.6M to work with in FA. Don't look for any big names this year. It's all going to be Keim Time specials... Oh wait...