Alternate Kyler theory

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is a bad FA WR market so there is a possibility he fetches a 1st but even at a 2nd round pick, we are good. Keim made a bad move and it doesn't help AZ holding onto Brown just to lose him in FA and then only getting a 3rd round comp pick if we don't sign any good FAs.
That may be the best course of action here. If we trade him, he still counts against 13M against in dead cap space, right? That's 100% of his cap charge.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yeah. That saves you about $20 million on this years cap but that’s not going to go super-far when you have to build out a bunch of starters.
Cutting Anderson and trading Brown opens up 25.4 mil and both are very replaceable. We would have a total cap of 55 mil which is workable.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
That may be the best course of action here. If we trade him, he still counts against 13M against in dead cap space, right? That's 100% of his cap charge.
No. His contract is fully tradeable. It is just guaranteed for the team he is on. if you click trade before 6/1 on OTC it will show correctly.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Cutting Anderson and trading Brown opens up 25.4 mil and both are very replaceable.
Yeah. If cap space is a consideration you’re much better off trading Brown than Hop.

It just creates a real disaster in 2024 when your top WRs could be Dortch and Moore.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. His contract is fully tradeable. It is just guaranteed for the team he is on. if you click trade before 6/1 on OTC it will show correctly.
Understood. Hmm.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yeah. If cap space is a consideration you’re much better off trading Brown than Hop.

It just creates a real disaster in 2024 when your top WRs could be Dortch and Moore.
Yes but we already are dealing with a disaster on the DL and OL lol. With where our roster is at, I believe you just have to address immediate issues at key positions this year and then figure it out. I believe 2023 has to be about figuring out an offensive line and adding as many good players at key positions as possible.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is what we know:

Start of the season

Kyler openly disliked Kliff's play calling. Kliff tried to teach him a lesson in the preseason by having him call plays and the offense worked better with Kyler calling the plays.

Mid Season

Kyler was not given freedom to change plays to the level he would like. It culminated with someone asking why a certain play was run and he said "I am running the plays I am asked to"

Right before Injury

Schematically (bleeped)

So yeah I absolutely believe that Kyler was overtly frustrated with Kliff and that negativity was seeping through. I also think it's an issue that he can't rise above it all. Whomever is the next coach needs to be able to teach this kid how to man up.