All quiet on Washington front

cepstrum

Shqiptar i Qart
Reaction score
Here is some irrelevant information:

Just saw DW going into the Food City on Baseline and Hardy. At least I'm pretty sure that was him. He was driving a black Tahoe with oversized rims.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Just saw DW going into the Food City on Baseline and Hardy. At least I'm pretty sure that was him. He was driving a black Tahoe with oversized rims.

Food City? He must really be worried about that bonus claw-back.

The vehicle description is correct. That's what he drives.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

after weed u get hungry

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I think the fans deserve an answer besides suspended indefinitely.

The league needs to offer a reason or reinstate. This seems to reek of being a power play by the commissioners office and one of the reasons the leagues' disciplinary policy is under fire legally.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

The league needs to offer a reason or reinstate. This seems to reek of being a power play by the commissioners office and one of the reasons the leagues' disciplinary policy is under fire legally.

The league has said there is no change to his status. If he had applied for reinstatement then the league has 60 days to rule on it. 60 days have come and gone without a decision or one word from Washington's camp about it. This either means that he lied when he said he applied for reinstatement or that he failed to meet all the criteria required for reinstatement.
If he applied for reinstatement and really wanted to play, he would be fighting the NFL right now and would be demanding an answer. His complete silence means he has zero interest in playing or he knows that he didn't meet the criteria for reinstatement and is keeping his mouth shut.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The league has said there is no change to his status. If he had applied for reinstatement then the league has 60 days to rule on it. 60 days have come and gone without a decision or one word from Washington's camp about it. This either means that he lied when he said he applied for reinstatement or that he failed to meet all the criteria required for reinstatement.
If he applied for reinstatement and really wanted to play, he would be fighting the NFL right now and would be demanding an answer. His complete silence means he has zero interest in playing or he knows that he didn't meet the criteria for reinstatement and is keeping his mouth shut.

Pretty sad but I think that is what has happened. He just didn't follow up on something, wither it was not reinstating himself or failed another drug test. Those are the only 2 things I truly believe what has happened. If it was on the NFL, you would have heard something from DWash and/or his agent on social media.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Lol that's where I get my pollo asada

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Food city produce is second to none for the price, it's almost all local and really fresh. So maybe he just likes quality tomatoes.
Their produce is always surrounded by nats and fruit flies

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

and yet the man being "wronged" literally has NOTHING to say about it.

I really don't get how you guys think this is some kind of miscarriage of justice when the player himself seemingly doesn't. Ray Rice... AP... Hardy... Brady... ALL fought their suspensions with the help of lawyers and NFLPA, and not only did they fight, for a variety of different suspensions, but they WON. And even with knowing that and seeing Washington make nary a peep, some people still think Washington's being wronged? That makes zero sense to me.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

I really don't get how you guys think this is some kind of miscarriage of justice when the player himself seemingly doesn't. Ray Rice... AP... Hardy... Brady... ALL fought their suspensions with the help of lawyers and NFLPA, and not only did they fight, for a variety of different suspensions, but they WON. And even with knowing that and seeing Washington make nary a peep, some people still think Washington's being wronged? That makes zero sense to me.

This... DWaste is getting what he deserves.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Not doubting you, but the aforementioned punishments were for domestic violence and deflating footballs. Washington's is about substance abuse, which has a non-disclosure agreement attached to it; meaning that if the NFLPA is appealing or doing something, they can't raise a stink about it.

Plus, he's a Cardinal. It's not like the national guys who have true insiders in the league really care.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not doubting you, but the aforementioned punishments were for domestic violence and deflating footballs. Washington's is about substance abuse, which has a non-disclosure agreement attached to it; meaning that if the NFLPA is appealing or doing something, they can't raise a stink about it.

But the non-disclosure agreement is there to protect the player though, isn't it? If the player isn't being protected and is being unfairly punished, I find it pretty implausible that the player wouldn't waive his own right to privacy and make a stink about unfair treatment, or allow the NFLPA to do the same.

I mean, we've heard from sources that have "talked" to Washington and they reported a while ago that he said he expects to hear a decision... and that he filed for reinstatement. So with those statements, he's already broken his own non-disclosure agreement about the process. If he was truly being wronged, why wouldn't he say the same thing to these sources that have gotten peeps from him otherwise?

Last edited:

TJ

Reaction score
But the non-disclosure agreement is there to protect the player though, isn't it? If the player isn't being protected and is being unfairly punished, I find it pretty implausible that the player wouldn't waive his own right to privacy and make a stink about unfair treatment, or allow the NFLPA to do the same.

I mean, we've heard from sources that have "talked" to Washington and they reported a while ago that he said he expects to hear a decision... and that he filed for reinstatement. So it's not like he's gag-ordered there from talking about the suspension. If he was being wronged, why wouldn't he say the same thing to these sources that have gotten peeps from him otherwise?

Washington can say whatever he wants, but this is the one situation in which the league has legit authority. What good will it do to make a stink about it and throw them under the bus? How do we know that he hasn't been advised by the NFLPA and his agent to stay quiet?

I'm not confident he's coming back anytime soon, but there are still many gray areas in this case.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Washington can say whatever he wants, but this is the one situation in which the league has legit authority. What good will it do to make a stink about it and throw them under the bus? How do we know that he hasn't been advised by the NFLPA and his agent to stay quiet?

What good will it do to call into question the league and it's throwing down of unfair punishments? Looks like it's done a lot for everyone else in various areas of punishment. The guy is losing out on salary and if he just keeps quiet... ah forget it. People will believe what they want to believe, but I just see no logical reason for a guy who's being wronged (if that's what's going on) to shut his trap while missing out on the prime years of his career, when others have challenged the league all over the place for unfair punishment and spanked the league in federal court over and over again. And I see no legitimate reason why the NFLPA wouldn't be raising a stink if he was getting screwed either.

TJ

Reaction score
What good will it do to call into question the league and it's throwing down of unfair punishments? Looks like it's done a lot for everyone else in various areas of punishment. The guy is losing out on salary and if he just keeps quiet... ah forget it. People will believe what they want to believe, but I just see no logical reason for a guy who's being wronged (if that's what's going on) to shut his trap while missing out on the prime years of his career, when others have challenged the league all over the place for unfair punishment and spanked the league in federal court over and over again. And I see no legitimate reason why the NFLPA wouldn't be raising a stink if he was getting screwed either.

Again, the other punishments you referenced were for DV and cheating. Substance abuse is pretty clear cut. It was poorly negotiated by the NFLPA during collective bargaining. Instead of a hard 12month punishment, it's indefinite and the punished player must apply for reinstatement.

If this were for the DV incident, Washington would be doing a river dance on Goodell's head, like Brady and everyone else just did. Washington has much less wiggle room than the others. And if he did slip up again and drew another positive test, then he has no wiggle room.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again, the other punishments you referenced were for DV and cheating. Substance abuse is pretty clear cut. It was poorly negotiated by the NFLPA during collective bargaining. Instead of a hard 12month punishment, it's indefinite and the punished player must apply for reinstatement.

Goodell's power of review of appeals was pretty clear cut and negotiated by the NFLPA during the collective bargaining agreement and that didn't stop Brady and the NFLPA from going to court and challenging his ruling... and winning.

Do you really think if the NFLPA had another reason to weaken Goodell and his iron fist, they wouldn't take it right now?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Daryl Washington has no one to blame but himself.

You cannot get "wronged" if you don't screw up in the 1st place.

Since the start of the Goodell dictatorship, I have never, ever heard or seen something like what is going on with Washington.

Relative to all that is going on lately with the league, legally, Washington's situation and his charges are relatively easy, and cut and dry. Why he has not been re-instated, and the ridiculous silence behind it is not normal.

Yet, the only thing different from Washington's case, and the rest we have all seen throughout the last few years is Washington himself.

Washington is done playing football, that is what I am getting out of this, and it is not the NFL, or the Cardinals that is making that happen, it is Washington himself. He has his money, and his pot, and he is good for the rest of his life.

By the time he sees the field again he is going to be 30 years old, and have not played, practice, or trained professionally in 2 year.

He is done, time to move on and villianize this screw up for the rest of our days. Guy is a dishonest crook of a man (and for me is not even the pot, it is the dishonesty, and lack responsibility), and his legacy and reputation should show as much.

I hope the Cardinals get some of the bonus money they paid him back, and they can give it to the 53 guys Washington is currently screwing over.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Rugby, I believe this is my first post on this subject, and I'm not going to make the point that DW has only himself to blame, because that's obvious. As a fan it seems for what we know about his transgressions, that a lifetime ban is too harsh a penalty. And the NFL's silence is deafening. JMO.