All quiet on Washington front

the_future23

Registered
Reaction score
If anyone thinks he's playing this year, is crazy. Been out of football what, over a year? Missing a second straight training camp. You think even if he's reinstated when season starts he's just gonna jump in and play?

Best case he plays week 10 and on and gets back into football shape and contributes. Worst case out the year. Worst worst worst case. Career with cardinals (maybe NFL) over.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I don't care if he comes back or not, but it is pretty crappy that the League leaves the team hanging on the decisions while they are trying to move forward with setting a roster.

I doubt the team did anything with the thought of having DWASH back on the team... If he somehow did resurface, cool... But I gotta believe they conducted all of their operations and decision-making on the premise that he is/was gone.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I doubt the team did anything with the thought of having DWASH back on the team... If he somehow did resurface, cool... But I gotta believe they conducted all of their operations and decision-making on the premise that he is/was gone.

Sure they did. It's called not cutting Kevin Minter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I wish they'd just cut DWash and let him be someone else's headache.

Let's get someone in here that WANTS to play football.

The magical unicorn fairy fantasy of a healthy weatherspoon and sober d wash is too strong though. Plus I don't think they can until he is reinstated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeeperaz

Rookie
Reaction score
Moments ago from Jurecki...

"FWIW Exchanged text messages with Daryl Washington, and is still waiting to hear from the league office regarding his reinstatement."

I almost don't even care about him(DW) anymore, it's the lack of information that is maddening.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I wish they'd just cut DWash and let him be someone else's headache.

Let's get someone in here that WANTS to play football.

:shrug:

He's already gotten the money from the Cards that he's going to get. He's not taking up a roster spot. No reason not to keep him.

IMO, Washington's lying to Jurecki.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He's already gotten the money from the Cards that he's going to get. He's not taking up a roster spot. No reason not to keep him.

When we win the Super Bowl without him playing a single down, he better not get a freaking ring.

:soapbox:

Reaction score
If anyone thinks he's playing this year, is crazy. Been out of football what, over a year? Missing a second straight training camp. You think even if he's reinstated when season starts he's just gonna jump in and play?

Best case he plays week 10 and on and gets back into football shape and contributes. Worst case out the year. Worst worst worst case. Career with cardinals (maybe NFL) over.

Call me crazy. :)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
When we win the Super Bowl without him playing a single down, he better not get a freaking ring.

:soapbox:

Fortunately, you won't have to worry about that, because we're not winning the Super Bowl.

Hope that makes you happy :D

Last edited:

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score

From what I have heard, which is little cause they are in camp now, is that the guess is 2-4 games he will be suspended this year.

The problem is he has been away from the facility for so long and training on his own, "he looks like he is in good shape, no clue about football shape", that I am not sure that even in a best case scenario we could hope for anything out of him before they bye.

But like an earlier poster said....I think the thought of D-Wash/Spoon both healthy and on the field is too good of a possibility to pass up, especially having already paid him his money.

And I am sure he is on strike 2.9 with the team alone that if he even looks at Arians wrong he will be gone.

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
From what I have heard, which is little cause they are in camp now, is that the guess is 2-4 games he will be suspended this year.

The problem is he has been away from the facility for so long and training on his own, "he looks like he is in good shape, no clue about football shape", that I am not sure that even in a best case scenario we could hope for anything out of him before they bye.

But like an earlier poster said....I think the thought of D-Wash/Spoon both healthy and on the field is too good of a possibility to pass up, especially having already paid him his money.

And I am sure he is on strike 2.9 with the team alone that if he even looks at Arians wrong he will be gone.

Whew you're alive! Thanks for the insight.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score

So they don't know anything more than what we know :(

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard