All quiet on Washington front

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Nope. Those are all facts. What are the facts that support the hypothesis that if we just wait a few more days, surely Washington will be re-instated.

I hear ya K9. This makes zero sense, we should've heard something by now regarding his status, DWash is technically the only player still in limbo by the NFL with no info given.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I hear ya K9. This makes zero sense, we should've heard something by now regarding his status, DWash is technically the only player still in limbo by the NFL with no info given.

He's not "in limbo." He's banished from the NFL for at least a year, pending reinstatement at the NFL's sole discretion.

If he'd done the work, surely someone would be advocating for him publicly.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Where are the facts that Washington's coming back soon?

Nobody said soon, but you said there's little hope.

-Washington's sentence for DV was reduced from 12 months to 10 months and a misdemeanor, which only occurs with compliance to drug testing, good behavior, and attending mandated counseling.

-Washington has only given one press release (day of suspension) and one interview to Jurecki since the suspension, and everyone has maintained silence throughout this entire process. It was suggested earlier that there could be a gag order in place.

-The local press is linked to the team, and have maintained that once information is made available through their sources, they'll respond.

----------

There simply isn't enough information available to formulate a conclusion like there's "little hope for reinstatement."

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How's that choice working out for him?

Man, D-wash dead-enders are pretty great.

So, because I feel his approach to coming back was the right one, I get insulted? I think you need a Snickers man, you are taking this way too personal.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's not "in limbo." He's banished from the NFL for at least a year, pending reinstatement at the NFL's sole discretion.

If he'd done the work, surely someone would be advocating for him publicly.

Starting to come around to this. The silence from EVERYONE is defeaning at this point.

Big Deal

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I don't ever hear anything about Justin Blackmon.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Interesting thing about that is that it was reported by the AP, but I don't believe there was any statement by the league.

K9 is right that the league doesnt publicize denied applications, but local reporters are linked heavily to the team; especially to Anthony Edwards, the person in the Cardinals front office who is the only individual allowed to directly communicate with Washington and his representatives.

Last edited:

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I don't ever hear anything about Justin Blackmon.

No his reinstatement was denied. But the thing is, that was only reported by various media groups. I don't think it was announced by the NFL. There's a chance his reinstatement was denied but you'd think we'd have found out about that. Hell, news spreads so fast that twitter can make baseball players cry during the game with rumors; you'd think if he was denied someone would have found out and spread it. All we can do is speculate, but the silence is deafening.

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If Daryl Washington was notified that he was denied reinstatement we would all know. It could be anything...none of us know and it appears there is nothing to know. Right now, it is all speculation.

-Maybe Daryl turned his life around and it will all be good.
-Maybe the NFL is sticking it to him because of his ONLY comment "That he is confident he will be re-instated by training camp."
-Maybe he screwed up again.
-Maybe he didn't follow all of the NFL guidelines for reinstatement.
-Maybe he will be the poster boy for Goodells' tough love program.

Between Birdman's guarantee of seeing AP in red and the continued drama of a fantastic LB that I have wanted to see in full for over two years now...pass me the popcorn.

Austin Zonie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree that if DW was denied, we'd all have heard about it by now. No way that is kept quiet this day in age.

All signs point to DW not doing what was required of him by the NFL to rule on his reinstatement. I'd like to know what the NFL requires of the suspended player to render judgement on reinstatement. Then, maybe we'd have a little more insight into the severity of DW's omissions.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
K9 is right that the league doesnt publicize denied applications, but local reporters are linked heavily to the team; especially to Anthony Edwards, the person in the Cardinals front office who is the only individual allowed to directly communicate with Washington and his representatives.

I didn't even think about Anthony Edwards. I see him all the time around town. I doubt he would spill any information to a honky like me though.

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

That came out a week ago...pure speculation. There has been no response. Maybe he didn't get everything done and is being given extra time based on the good he did do. He had his probation reduced...and it sounds like he was in a tough district.

I hope for the best and hope to see 58 and 55 on the field together soon! Bar injuries or more legal/NFL issues and these two will be more fun to watch than you can anticipate. They play the game as well as any ILB's in the league. My favorite position and we have never had the talent together that these two can bring!

RINGLESS

Veteran
Reaction score
I have to say I am pretty upset about not having an answer at this point. Its been well over 60 days.

I am quickly going from a supporter to strongly disliking the guy.

The selfishness this guy has exuded has cost 52 other players on this team a shot at winning. In a game of inches his talent compared to the next man up can mean a win vs a loss. Who else has the vertical speed to contain Wilson like Washington did in Seattle?

He missed all of last years OTA's, Training camp, and regular season. Now has again missed all OTA's, 3/11 Training camp practices so far and we know nothing! Getting him in a regular season game at this point at any time this season is now very questionable.

What a loser. I never really thought I'd dislike the guy as much as I do right now. But clearly something is not right

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
FOUND HIM!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
OK heres my take on it, from reviewing all article on the matter.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...ion-on-daryl-washington-should-come-down-soon
"According to the substance-abuse policy’s “procedures for reinstatement,” if all the criteria were met by Washington and “all individuals involved in the process,” NFL commissioner Roger Goodell could have ruled on Washington’s reinstatement within 60 days of receiving the application"

It takes 60 days for them to give a decision upon filing for reinstatement .

He didnt apply until like July 14th so thay can wait til start of the season to rule? until Sept, so I guess the league will drag its feet until then

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/p...ion-on-daryl-washington-should-come-down-soon
"According to the substance-abuse policy’s “procedures for reinstatement,” if all the criteria were met by Washington and “all individuals involved in the process,” NFL commissioner Roger Goodell could have ruled on Washington’s reinstatement within 60 days of receiving the application"

He didnt apply until like July 14th so thay can wait til start of the season to rule? until Sept, so I guess the league will drag its feet until then

Where do you get that he didn't apply until July 14th? One of the first lines in the article says "Washington applied for reinstatement on May 8, according to Mike Jurecki of Fox Sports 910."

That article doesn't tell us anything.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

He filed on May 8.

lol

May 8th. My bad.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where do you get that he didn't apply until July 14th? One of the first lines in the article says "Washington applied for reinstatement on May 8, according to Mike Jurecki of Fox Sports 910."

That article doesn't tell us anything.

+1 saw the same