03: "Panama"
04: "Top Jimmy"
05: "Drop Dead Legs"
06: "Hot for Teacher"
07: "I'll Wait"
08: "Girl Gone Bad"
09: "House of Pain"

You must be registered for see images attach

Truly 80s Heavy Metal at it's most ambitious by of course of the best bands in the history of music....Definitely was one of the most defining album of its decade and a masterpiece of our time.... Not enough can be expressed regarding "1984" and the subsequent impact it had on the music world.....

First, I'm going to quote something I posted last wk and want everyone's (especially guitarists) feedback on this statement:

Eddie Van Halen did on "Jump" by emphasizing synthesizers/keyboards into their sound.... I bet the first moment people heard "Jump" and saw that sequence in the video of Eddie's snythesizer solo (I remember when all of that came-out, but I was merely 7, just specifically stating aspiring musicians) they took note that the era's guitar legend is embracing the synthesizer, did that lessen the importance of guitar in rock and increase an interest in learning synathesizers instead? Some believed so and bypassed playing guitar in favor of the synthesizer.... Snyth music of course faded and without anyone really taking the torch away from Eddie (who by then was playing prominently acoustic rather than his searing solos) most got so complacent and just began to lack innovation.. got so comfortable with just rhtythm guitar in every song and no need for solos..... Just appreciate that the likes of Joe Satriani and Steve Vai (and now Vince) never lost focus on how vital lead guitar is to music and never forgetting those who put down the framework for them....

That's one way this album was very revolutionary...really brought synthesizer to Metal and several bands naturally followed suit....

There's absolutely no weaknesses on this album... From Eddie's innovative guitar/synthesizer, Anthony's ever so perfect back-up harmonies and bass, Alex's steady drumming (of course who can ever forget or equal his solo to start "Hot for Teacher") and just David Lee Roth's swagger and vocals... Just unfortunate this marked the final studio album of the Dave era and wish such a masterpiece....

Just loved the videos that also accompanied all the releases from '84.... My favorite tracks are "Jump", "Panama", and "Hot for Teacher", but the one that has always been my MAIN favorite is "I'll Wait" which is one of the best power-type ballads ever written/performed.... I just love the story the vocals conveyed and Eddie's sensational use of the snythesizer in that track....

"1984" still sounds fresh today and will never lose its luster because of how influential the album was... just marked such a turning-point in the history of music...really rocked on all levels... you certainly get the picture.....

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard