Al McCoy with Bickley

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Al was on with Bickley talking about the NBA this morning. Interesting comments.

On Shaq: Al pulled no punches about Shaq's high salary, reporting out of shape, inability to get back on defense, unwillingness to defend the pick and roll, injury history, and limited time left in the NBA. He seemed to think that one of the reasons that the Pistons suddenly looked like a decent offensive team in the finals was because of Shaq's defensive limitations. If Al sentiment anywhere closely resembles the feelings in the front office, the Suns are not pursuing Shaq. He seemed to think that if Rudy T is hired, he will make nice with Shaq and the big guy will stay in LA.

On the Rockets/Magic trade: He wondered why Orlando would trade for a guy who didn't want to be there. He couldn't see such a trade working for Orlando.

He was VERY CLEAR that Marion, JJ, and #7 is too high for the Suns to pay and that this was the front office position, not just his own. He expressed some concern about T-Mac's injury history.

He expressed some skepticism on what is available in the FA market if Kobe stays in LA.

mark1

Veteran
Reaction score
Bob Young on the show also said that the Suns and Bulls have talked about the #7 for Tyson Chandler. The Bulls apparently want Luke Jackson real bad

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I heard the rumor was #7 to Indiana, Harrington to Chicago and Chandler to Phoenix.

That would be great if Eisley was traded as well to make the salaries work. #7 and Eisley for Harrington is a decent trade for Indiana.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That would be a very good trade for us. Chandler is much worth the #7 imo and moving Eisley gives us more $ to sign a FA. Anyone know what Chandler is making. I doubt its as much as Eisley.

coloradosun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Luke, I mean Larry Bird Jr.

Bird really wants Luke Jackson, this may prove it.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
coloradosun said:
Bird really wants Luke Jackson, this may prove it.

Bird wants a white guy?! You'd think he'd be insulted to hear you say that.

Dylan

Registered
Reaction score
Regarding the 'history' between Amare and Chandler, I wonder if the Suns, before making the trade, would bring Amare into the office and ask him if they got Chandler, would he beat him up when he got off the plane??

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd worry a lot more about Chandler's back than Amare's reaction. Amare is not like a few super stars I could mention - his first priority is to win. If Chandler helps, I'm sure he would go for.

That being said, I'm still not sure Chandler is a center and I worry about his back. But if somehow you can unload Eisley in the process - GO FOR IT. :thumbup:

Biclops

Superhero with glasses
Reaction score
If we could unload Eisley...

Sign me up :D !!!!

If we do get Chandler hopefully our trainer evalutes him thorough enough
that it is nothing serious and will not happen again

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest problem with Chandler apart from his bad back is that he makes a something like $4.5 million next season. Still, I think he would be well worth it. If, and that's a big if, he can stay healthy he could be very good center for the Phoenix Suns.

Joe Mama

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Btw, one of the draftcity guys told me he thinks the Cavs would probably trade #10 and Diop or Brown for Eisley and #7 if it gets them Iguodala or so.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
I love having the pick, and I still might trade it for Tyson Chandler if I could be reasonably certain that Chandler's back was going to be healthy. I think he's a guy who could easily blossom in new circumstances--like having Amare push him instead of Chandler and Curry enabling each other's laziness and immaturity.

slinslin--if that's true, then they must really think that Iguodala is the new Pippen. I can see why Phoenix is interested in trading down if that's anything like what's being offered.

It would be 'better than the best case scenario' if the Suns cleaned up by trading down, and Josh Smith were still on the board...I'm not sure what Toronto and Philadelphia might be thinking, though. I guess it's more likely the Suns would take Luke Jackson, or go for one of the Euro bigs.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dan H said:
I'd rather have Eddy Curry than Tyson Chandler.

so what a lot of people, but I doubt the Chicago Bulls are offering him in a trade like this. I think Chandler definitely has more upside, but his injury problems are a major concern.

Joe

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
If the Suns give up the #7 pick they could maybe still acquire Chandler by taking one of Chicago's bad contracts along with him. (Eddie Robinson, Jerome Williams, Antonio Davis (too big) ).

I wouldn't mind JYD but his deal is horrible and only if the Bulls took Eisley.