A Very Good Question

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
We aren't the Steelers people. Kliff is the 4th Cardinals HC since 1948 to win 10 games.

The Cardinals are not going to fire Kliff. He has improved each year and has top 10 scoring offenses two years in a row.

How did running BA out of town work for us? Worked well for TB.
All is well! The season is going according to plan!

You must be registered for see images attach

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
All is well! The season is going according to plan!

10 wins and the playoffs. I would call that success this year.

Not the way we wanted it to happen. I suppose we would have much rather won 3, lost 1 , won 2, lost 2, etc vs 7-0 and then 3-5.

At the end of the day, the results matter. 10 wins, playoffs, and an opportunity to win the strongest division in the NFL (4-1 record in division so far).

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
We aren't the Steelers people. Kliff is the 4th Cardinals HC since 1948 to win 10 games.

The Cardinals are not going to fire Kliff. He has improved each year and has top 10 scoring offenses two years in a row.

I agree it would be very cardinal like to keep kk around another year based on such metrics, but to compare the situation to BA situation is wrong. BA was a proven winner. KK isn’t going to run off and find another HC job. Coordinator? Ya, I can see that happening. I wanted him gone after last season. I guess we’ll let this season play out, but I’m far from optimistic.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

Haha the Kliff/BA comp was the laugh I needed this morning.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So, yeah, the last 3 games are basically the definition of an outlier. A set of data outside the common trend.
No it would be a small subset as it’s only three games - within an existing set of data that is consistent with the premise in the first place. And it’s a statistically insignificant subset at that.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No it would be a small subset as it’s only three games - within an existing set of data that is consistent with the premise in the first place. And it’s a statistically insignificant subset at that.
Two wins in a row in December are outliers. Find other wins in December that would make them not an outlier.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Two wins in a row in December are outliers. Find other wins in December that would make them not an outlier.
You’ve now shrunk the study from second half swoons to just December records. That’s not what we’ve been discussing.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm going to reverse my opinion. Last year I said you retrain Kingsbury because the team made progress. And if the Cardinals make the playoffs this year they've continued to progress. But also noted that Murray has two years left on his rookie deal (with fifth year option) which is the ideal time to bring in a new coach.

Now I'm inclined to show Kingsbury and Keim the door if the team loses out. This is the peak. The current regime builds a team to win in September.

If the objective is to win the Super Bowl, you clean house. If the objective is to create enough optimism to sell tickets you retain them. History says the Cardinals are going to do the latter.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Absent VJ getting a head coaching job, I believe the entire staff (except the unlucky stiff that is the scapegoat) returns. Some position coach or coaches will probably be canned but no one of significance. Probably a good idea because there is going to be a HUGE turnover of players and He Who Can't Draft will be bringing in the replacements.

Getting to the playoffs will be just fine with MB, even if it's one and done.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absent VJ getting a head coaching job, I believe the entire staff (except the unlucky stiff that is the scapegoat) returns. Some position coach or coaches will probably be canned but no one of significance. Probably a good idea because there is going to be a HUGE turnover of players and He Who Can't Draft will be bringing in the replacements.

Getting to the playoffs will be just fine with MB, even if it's one and done.

Yeah, he will return, but will KK get an extension? He would be a lame duck coach going into next season if he doesn't get an extension. That is not a good situation for the franchise. It will be harder to get free agents and keep coaches this offseason.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, he will return, but will KK get an extension? He would be a lame duck coach going into next season if he doesn't get an extension. That is not a good situation for the franchise. It will be harder to get free agents and keep coaches this offseason.
Wouldn't surprise me if he gets an extension. KM also more than likely.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Based on what?

You must be registered for see images attach
Good question. His only lengthy experience was as top man for the Jets, but let’s be honest—that franchise is a perennial disaster. Given his excellent work as a D-coordinator I believe he could be a very effective HC, especially with the added experience he’s gained winning a SB with Tampa.

PlanoCard

Rookie
Reaction score
I am a Baylor grad and diehard fan. I was shocked when KK was hired, but his teams, starting with Texas Tech, have ALWAYS started fast and finished poorly. The exact opposite results you want for any coach. I hope he proves me wrong somehow and this year is his exception to that. It would be a first for a KK coached team.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I agree it would be very cardinal like to keep kk around another year based on such metrics, but to compare the situation to BA situation is wrong. BA was a proven winner. KK isn’t going to run off and find another HC job. Coordinator? Ya, I can see that happening. I wanted him gone after last season. I guess we’ll let this season play out, but I’m far from optimistic.
While I agree that Kliff has not asserted himself ala Bruce the facts are that Kliff is 9th in total wins in Cardinals history. I don't care how the season ends, they aren't firing Kliff.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.
We can't pretend that we are not a success starved franchise. We were a 3 win team when we hired Kliff and Kyler. We have won 5 games, then 8 games and are currently at 10 wins. Kliff is not getting fired unless something dramatic happens and having a history of losing games in the second half of the season is just not enough. It will definitely facilitate a discussion, but likely little more.

I get that most are frustrated and some feel that Kliff needs to go, but outside of just saying it is the right thing to do, it is a silly discussion. It just isn't going to happen.

I had to check myself with this regarding trading/moving on from Kyler. I may think Rodger or Wilson or Watson or whomever is a better option due to some concerns with Kyler, but I also need to be realistic that it is just not going to happen so discussing it outside of darkside or trade Kyler threads is silly.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We can't pretend that we are not a success starved franchise. We were a 3 win team when we hired Kliff and Kyler. We have won 5 games, then 8 games and are currently at 10 wins. Kliff is not getting fired unless something dramatic happens and having a history of losing games in the second half of the season is just not enough. It will definitely facilitate a discussion, but likely little more.

I get that most are frustrated and some feel that Kliff needs to go, but outside of just saying it is the right thing to do, it is a silly discussion. It just isn't going to happen.

I had to check myself with this regarding trading/moving on from Kyler. I may think Rodger or Wilson or Watson or whomever is a better option due to some concerns with Kyler, but I also need to be realistic that it is just not going to happen so discussing it outside of darkside or trade Kyler threads is silly.
Trading for current Wilson would’ve been a stagnant move regardless.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn