A Tale of Two Quarterbacks

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Mitch-----What a refreshingly perceptive analysis of our QB situation. The Prodigal Son VS Cinderella. One given nearly everything, yet disappearing far too much of the time. The other looking more char woman than belle of the ball, yet tantalizingly successful at the midnight hour in comeback wins.

Cinderella reportedly gets the nod of the players initially, (but this may not hold true if the Prodigal stays home and stays focused on what needs to be done). Kolb is more polished-----just look at his success with the out-pattern, (probably the toughest throw to make of all). He is a better reader of defenses at this point. He is, by far, the more accurate of the two. He also has better touch. Yet-----

There is something promising about Skelton. He plays tough, (despite the fact that he is all over the place with his throws). This gives him the edge with his fellow players who respect the toughness, and more still, his ability to get it right at the midnight hour. I hope he begins to harness his strength, and his lack of concentration on reads and touch and footwork. I would like to see him genuinely challenge for the starting QB slot.

My money is on Kolb, however, who-----given time to learn the offense, (and his receiver's tendencies), has a distinctive edge in skill level going in. He should win this competition, hands-down. I would like to see him develop a mental toughness, like that shown by Skelton, so that he plays with less fear of being hurt. Developing that mental toughness would take him far with this team, and with his fellow players. Injuries happen to everyone. Constant fear of them distracts from one's ability to see the game in real time, and contrary to lessening the occurrence of injury, actually seems to increase the frequency of them.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Mitch-----What a refreshingly perceptive analysis of our QB situation. The Prodigal Son VS Cinderella. One given nearly everything, yet disappearing far too much of the time. The other looking more char woman than belle of the ball, yet tantalizingly successful at the midnight hour in comeback wins.

Cinderella reportedly gets the nod of the players initially, (but this may not hold true if the Prodigal stays home and stays focused on what needs to be done). Kolb is more polished-----just look at his success with the out-pattern, (probably the toughest throw to make of all). He is a better reader of defenses at this point. He is, by far, the more accurate of the two. He also has better touch. Yet-----

There is something promising about Skelton. He plays tough, (despite the fact that he is all over the place with his throws). This gives him the edge with his fellow players who respect the toughness, and more still, his ability to get it right at the midnight hour. I hope he begins to harness his strength, and his lack of concentration on reads and touch and footwork. I would like to see him genuinely challenge for the starting QB slot.

My money is on Kolb, however, who-----given time to learn the offense, (and his receiver's tendencies), has a distinctive edge in skill level going in. He should win this competition, hands-down. I would like to see him develop a mental toughness, like that shown by Skelton, so that he plays with less fear of being hurt. Developing that mental toughness would take him far with this team, and with his fellow players. Injuries happen to everyone. Constant fear of them distracts from one's ability to see the game in real time, and contrary to lessening the occurrence of injury, actually seems to increase the frequency of them.

All of which presupposes that he's not mentally tough and lives in fear of injury.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I want to hang out with you very much. Two A-plus posts in as many days.

My brother rolls with Skelton's NAU girlfriend (or at least the one from last camp). I should ask him about Skelton's intellect.
I'm going to try hard this year and crash the best tail gate party every home game...I call it "The Jersey Sand." Poor guys, once the hippies show up...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn