Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Quiet Place

Release date: April 6, 2018
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: John Krasinski
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for terror and some bloody images)
Screenwriters: John Krasinski, Scott Beck, Bryan Woods
Genre: Thriller, Horror, Suspense

Starring: John Krasinski, Emily Blunt, Noah Jupe, Millicent Simmonds

Plot Summary: A supernatural horror film set on a farm where a family has been terrorized by a ghostly being for some time.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I remember watching the trailer for this a while back, and it's simply a ridiculous premise. What does a predator do when there's no prey any more? Leave. Makes for a short movie lol

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wife and I saw this today and really liked it.

We almost ran out to the hallway to make sure we were in the correct theater because all of our previews were for action/comedy films. I guess there were no available trailers for other drama/horror films.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I remember watching the trailer for this a while back, and it's simply a ridiculous premise. What does a predator do when there's no prey any more? Leave. Makes for a short movie lol
Not that you’re wrong, but it’s a movie . . . suspend reality a little bit.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You should go see this. It's nothing at all like the impression you took from the trailer. Just saying.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There's suspending reality, and there's gaping plot holes that just can't be overlooked.

I did have a friend describe to me their 'get around' device.
Was it enough to get you over the failure and consider seeing it? Seems people are really liking it.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Was it enough to get you over the failure and consider seeing it? Seems people are really liking it.

Eh, I probably would if I wasn't scrambling for employment. I had a long work settlement where I wasn't allowed to work, and though I tried to transition straight into a job, that hasn't happened. Easier to look up job openings these days, but the online thing seems to take FOREVER. I'm really limiting theater visits to the biggies right now. I'll definitely check it out when it hits Netflix, though.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh, I probably would if I wasn't scrambling for employment. I had a long work settlement where I wasn't allowed to work, and though I tried to transition straight into a job, that hasn't happened. Easier to look up job openings these days, but the online thing seems to take FOREVER. I'm really limiting theater visits to the biggies right now. I'll definitely check it out when it hits Netflix, though.

Man, don't wait on this one. It's better to see it on the big screen, IMHO. It wasn't just a movie - it was honestly an experience (in our theater at least). It's only 90 minutes. Just saying.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen this, but want to. I only came on here to say that a friend of mine referred to it as, "Shhhh!!! Real Monsters" and I laughed way too hard at that.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
There are so many plot holes I want to bring up but it’s a movie about sonar monsters so it would be somewhat redundant. :lol:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson