A period of reflection and sanity

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe over the next few days things will become more clear about what went wrong this season. It may well end up that the team should clean house including front office and coaching staff as well as several players that won't return. I'm still forming my opinion now that the season's total body of work has been revealed. I have had moments this year as well as some others that a total cleaning of house was necessary as well as staying the course but I kept it to myself willing to wait until the end. I was willing to wait until season's end to form my opinion. I think if something is going to be changed it will happen pretty quickly, maybe this week. The rope was provided for some on the team to hang themselves, it remains to be seen just yet who did.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What an embarrassment. KK needs to be fired there is no doubt of that but the fact that he will be given another year is what really bothers me. Bidwill will will keep Keim and KK but both will be put on the hot seat next year. That is BS for fans. The same thing will happen again next year as it has the last three years. The big spin will be that they made the playoffs and ignore the crappy consistent 2nd half season collapses. Its Groundhog Day all over again!!!

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think I will take a stab at this. List the free agents and whether I think they stay or go and the odds of them staying or going. Will publish that later however I firmly believe that the entire coaching staff will return intact. The only changes will be those who decide to leave of their own accord.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You guys are overreacting. There are over 20 teams that would love to be in the position that the Cardinals are in.

KK is going nowhere. Trading Murray is insane. We need to revamp the O-line, add some secondary pieces, and come back next year with DHOP.

It wasn’t a bad year
This is what Colts told themselves with Ryan Grigson..

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
You guys are overreacting. There are over 20 teams that would love to be in the position that the Cardinals are in.

KK is going nowhere. Trading Murray is insane. We need to revamp the O-line, add some secondary pieces, and come back next year with DHOP.

It wasn’t a bad year
Wow. Optimism after that.

If anything, the responses to that historical loss is underreacting. This team deserves a dog to crap all over it--it would actually smell better.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There is not enough reflection to shine any sanity on that insanity that unfolded before our eyes last night.

The lowest of the low point in a season flushed down the drain by inept coaching, lack of discipline and a QB who thinks he's a savant and is not.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
I will be shocked if we don't start next season the way we ended this one. Whether you keep status quo or clean house.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

It wasn’t a bad year
It wasn't a bad first 7 games. It was crap after that.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

It wasn’t a bad year
People saying to trade Murray need to lay off mind altering substances. Same franchise who has provided us the Skletons and Max Halls for decades drafts the ROY and two time Pro Bowler in his first 3 years and these guys demand more. He had a bad game which sucks but trading him would be beyond idiotic.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we were coming off 4 or 5 wins and crapped the bed in the playoff game that’s one thing.
But we didn’t. The last two years we got worse as the season wound down.
I don’t know how anybody can think next year would be any different.
It’s an epic collapse. EPIC.

Kyler played like a high school Qb in his first game. He didn’t get any help from his coach. Kyler needs to be made to play the game like they do in the NFL. This isn’t college. I think he’s been brought in here and was told to play football the way he likes it.
He needs a new system. He has regressed. He constantly fails to find the open receiver. He holds the ball to long. He doesn’t move off the spot soon enough. He takes too many sacks trying to use his athleticism. He still falls for yards loss instead of throwing the ball away.

That being said, you don’t fire the player, you fire the coach.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Getting rid of Kliff is justified. I would bring everyone else back. You don't burn the house down because of a broken window.
Totally. You should continue to let Keim make OL picks until Murray's Kidneys splatter and retires..Totally go for it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
People saying to trade Murray need to lay off mind altering substances. Same franchise who has provided us the Skletons and Max Halls for decades drafts the ROY and two time Pro Bowler in his first 3 years and these guys demand more. He had a bad game which sucks but trading him would be beyond idiotic.
Murray is the best QB they drafted since moving to Arizona.

Also For three years,. Murray folded like a cheap coat when it matters. Great QBs don't have 2-7,2-5 and 1-6 ending to their seasons.

Murray has a ceiling closer to his high floor.

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
Be careful of kneejerk reactions.

KK led your team to the playoffs in the toughest division in football. He and Kyler were rookies in the playoffs and the speed/intensity goes up another level come playoff time., and they didn't look ready for it. Kingsbury needs to make better adjustments in the 2nd half of the season when his scheme has been figured out by opposing defensive coordinators.

jmo.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Well, it took the COLTS 6 seasons under Peyton Manning before they won a playoff game, and there was no shortage of armchair experts saying that he was a bust, couldn't win the big one, and that they should clean house.
Ah, I see you have reverted back to trolling posters. Tell me, then, what about this team/coaching staff inspires any confidence in you that we are trending in this direction? That KM or KK are trending that way?

Reactions: TRW

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ah, I see you have reverted back to trolling posters. Tell me, then, what about this team/coaching staff inspires any confidence in you that we are trending in this direction? That KM or KK are trending that way?

No doubt there was someone like you on the Colts board back in the day asking the same question.

Disagreeing is not by definition trolling, no more than a host of superheated adjectives gives validity to a case.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose