A great time to be in Arizona!!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Coming from the Northeast and having been in AZ for less than 7 years, I still keep in frequent contact with family & friends back home. It has always been an awkward adjustment, wishing the summer away and getting excited for winter, as back home, it was obviously the complete reverse! Almost all of the good times and fun occured in the summer...

Well, driving to work this morning, coming off an awesome Game 1 victory last night by the D-backs, and on the heals of one of the greatest pro football games I have ever witnessed this past Sunday when the Cards smoked the Steelers, knowing that the Suns are about to launch yet another run at a Championship, golf courses overseeding, the FBR Open coming and which concludes on Super Bowl Sunday... it dawned on me that as my family and friends back east beging to prepare, hunker down and hybernate for the long cold winter, here in the desert we are just getting cranked up!!
God I love Starbucks in the morning!!!

:thumbup:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coming from the Northeast and having been in AZ for less than 7 years, I still keep in frequent contact with family & friends back home. It has always been an awkward adjustment, wishing the summer away and getting excited for winter, as back home, it was obviously the complete reverse! Almost all of the good times and fun occured in the summer...

Well, driving to work this morning, coming off an awesome Game 1 victory last night by the D-backs, and on the heals of one of the greatest pro football games I have ever witnessed this past Sunday when the Cards smoked the Steelers, knowing that the Suns are about to launch yet another run at a Championship, golf courses overseeding, the FBR Open coming and which concludes on Super Bowl Sunday... it dawned on me that as my family and friends back east beging to prepare, hunker down and hybernate for the long cold winter, here in the desert we are just getting cranked up!!
God I love Starbucks in the morning!!!

You arent kidding. I absolutely LOVE October. It is the only thing that makes the summers sufferable.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seconded.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
My best 2 weeks so far being here. Wnt 2 the Cards-Steelers game, Cards win on the road. Got tickets to tonights Dbacks game. 75% sure, Im going to the Dbacks game tommorow. Going to the Cards game Sunday. Registered for world series tickets. This is freakin great. :dbacks::newcards::rockon:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My best 2 weeks so far being here. Wnt 2 the Cards-Steelers game, Cards win on the road. Got tickets to tonights Dbacks game. 75% sure, Im going to the Dbacks game tommorow. Going to the Cards game Sunday. Registered for world series tickets. This is freakin great. :dbacks::newcards::rockon:
Update?

Sorry...couldn't resist.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Update?

Sorry...couldn't resist.

Cards lose, Warner out
D-Backs swept
Sting gone
Coyotes are the Coyotes
Amare under the knife

At least ASU is #8 in BCS standings. Other than that, this place couldn't have changed more dramatically for the worse in the last week.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yep. It pretty much sucks all around, save ASU.

GO DEVILS!!

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
It's still a great time to be in Arizona. It's always great to be here. :) But yeah...ASU has been great, the Suns will be good until at least when the D-Backs are into the 2nd month of their season and the Cardinals are still much better than I expected and the injured players will return, giving them a good shot at the playoffs.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, to be so young & hopeful!

;)

Just teasin', Nasser...I'm still excited about where the Cards are going, and the Suns should be fun to watch again this year. It's all good. :)

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Well, it is indeed still a great time to be in Arizona...

Sure, the D-backs fell short - not a surprise and the ride was unexpected and fun nonetheless...

I'll have to reserve commentary on the Cards until after this week, and after what I believe is their biggest game to date... Could go either way, though my gut is telling me this weekend could be disastrous...

The Fry's Electronics tournament is this weekend at Grayhawk! Love that place...

The FBR and Super Bowl are still just around the corner...

My son's football team won their first game of the season last Saturday!

Moved my offices to a beautiful location on the corner of 44th & Camelback! Love the views!!!

Weather certainly doesn't suck...

Found out my monster-in-laws won't be coming this Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Oh and the Mercury are still the champs! :)

For me, it's never a bad time to be in Arizona. I love this place.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard