98.7 sports radio | Bidwill Press Conference

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Listening to 98.7 today after KK and SK were let go. 1) Wolfley pushing the VJ narrative all morning, not surprised. 2) when they come back from commercials they have been playing audio of Kyler Murray screaming Whoo Whoo. let’s go!!! Not a coincidence and makes me laugh.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
i dont think he is.

New GM will have a say....Mike isnt stupid. He knows he has to give up control if he wants a quality brain trust in house.

Vance isnt going to coach anything next year except maybe a position coach. They were all colossal failures this year.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Don't forget that their is a lawsuit against the NFL and Cards for racial discrimination. Could be about managing optics.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Listening to 98.7 today after KK and SK were let go. 1) Wolfley pushing the VJ narrative all morning, not surprised. 2) when they come back from commercials they have been playing audio of Kyler Murray screaming Whoo Whoo. let’s go!!! Not a coincidence and makes me laugh.
Sports radio rarely gets things right.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
casting net far and wide. Mentioned there are 2 strong candidates for HC they’re pursuing. Interviewed QH and AW already and another external GM already.
Pursuing HC candidates before getting a GM in place is a recipe for disaster. I just hope that they're using info from the GM candidates they've interviewed to drive that pursuit, otherwise we could be heading for a train wreck.

I want to be positive, but it's so hard.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Glad to hear that he is looking at all options. I think that he confirmed (accidentally) that VJ will get an interview for HC.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Kliff put in a ton of hours and effort, just didn't get the results.
We were making progress the first 3 seasons but just regressed this season.
Was hoping things would turn around this season. Players stepped up but it just didn't happen.
Reporter - "are you willing to do financially whatever it takes to get the biggest name"
Mike B - I don't know about the biggest name, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes financially to get the best HC and GM.
Reporter - are you worried about Kyler's style of play being sustainable and a HC or GM being worried about that?
MB - a year ago, HC's and GM's were worried about how to stop him. Hopefully we can keep him healthy.
Reporter - how much input will Kyler have?
MB - we're in communication with him already so he will absolutely have input.

MB - For HC and GM - Looking for someone with a good plan and leadership skills. Can assemble a quality staff. We have a lot of talent. We're not as broken as everyone thinks.

MB - didn't see Steve's resignation coming.
MB - wants Kyler here for his rehab.
MB - wants to understand what we're doing and why but won't be making decisions on who we're signing.
MB - wants to hire a GM first but that won't stop him from hiring a HC first.
MB - expects that they "may" interview an internal candidate but they don't have anything scheduled yet.

Reporter - why hasn't this organization had a coach last longer than 6 years?
MB - I look forward to our next coach lasting a long time and bringing a winning team.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Pursuing HC candidates before getting a GM in place is a recipe for disaster. I just hope that they're using info from the GM candidates they've interviewed to drive that pursuit, otherwise we could be heading for a train wreck.

I want to be positive, but it's so hard.
Worked well for Seahawks.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He's definitely looking at "leadership" more than Xs and Os. Seems like that's the lesson he learned from this. Was disappointed by the outcome because we had enough talent to be much better, even though there were injuries.

The reasoning behind Kliff's being fired is pretty incoherent.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose