$50 million is the magic number

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's hilarious for D-Backs fans to criticize anything the Padres/Dodgers do. Their owners go all out to win, and we have Uncle Ken, just happy to be there.

I would be critical of this deal with any team and I applaud the Padres for going after the Dodgers. Get out of that box lol

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I mean, just look at this forum. The team stars on the top are all gone for multiple years, and nobody cares. Bad ownership is a civic curse.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With the sticker shock so far, ARZ may find $50M isn't so magical and will get you one maybe two pieces depending on what positions you are looking for. Jansen signed 2yr / $32M deal which seems reasonable but whether ARZ was in at that price range is anyone's guess.

Trade market will be most likely route ARZ takes depending on whether teams asking prices are reasonable or not.

Dodgers have shown some restraint this offseason but Dansby Swanson & Carlos Correa are still out there so maybe they make a play for one of them.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean, just look at this forum. The team stars on the top are all gone for multiple years, and nobody cares. Bad ownership is a civic curse.

What is disappointing about it is that the stadium sells out with stars. We saw that before.

In this market there is no reason for this team not be in spending like team #12-14 instead of team number 20.

I hope we get a 30 million dollar star. I just don't want it to be until they are a 30 million dollar anchor aka Bumgarner.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
With the sticker shock so far, ARZ may find $50M isn't so magical and will get you one maybe two pieces depending on what positions you are looking for. Jansen signed 2yr / $32M deal which seems reasonable but whether ARZ was in at that price range is anyone's guess.

Trade market will be most likely route ARZ takes depending on whether teams asking prices are reasonable or not.

Dodgers have shown some restraint this offseason but Dansby Swanson & Carlos Correa are still out there so maybe they make a play for one of them.
I'd be shocked if either Swanson or Correa aren't in Dodger blue soon...

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Keeping that powder nice and dry! Just a pathetic team that has no interest in competing.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe Hazen's words were misinterpreted. Maybe he meant it will be magic if ARZ spend $.01 of $50M this offseason. They've spent a bank busting $3.5M so unless they are planning on using $46.5M a year on the Japanese reliever I don't know where they plan on spending $50M this offseason.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Hazen's words were misinterpreted. Maybe he meant it will be magic if ARZ spend $.01 of $50M this offseason. They've spent a bank busting $3.5M so unless they are planning on using $46.5M a year on the Japanese reliever I don't know where they plan on spending $50M this offseason.

They are just going to bank the revenue sharing.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seeing the contracts being handed out, I am really concerned we are about to be the farm team for the rich. It's awesome we have all this young talent but eventually you will need to pay them.

Maybe that's why they are discussing Varsho. Just kicking the can down 2 years, bank money, and then go for it. Marlins style.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Seeing the contracts being handed out, I am really concerned we are about to be the farm team for the rich. It's awesome we have all this young talent but eventually you will need to pay them.

Maybe that's why they are discussing Varsho. Just kicking the can down 2 years, bank money, and then go for it. Marlins style.
I am sure Gallen trade rumors will begin next season. ARZ is automatically out on him being a Boras client.

Him being 4 years away from UFA should require a massive haul from any team especially since they would have to wait 4 years to sign him away from ARZ when they can have him in his prime now.

I wonder what HOU is offering for Varsho, Gallen would definitely get more in a trade.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose