$50 million is the magic number

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Imagine bringing back Dansby Swanson. The money needs to be spend on pitching both rotation and bullpen. Interesting they checked in on Boegarts, Lawler should be MLB ready in a couple of years so unless the plan is to move Boegarts to another position when Lawler is ready.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imagine bringing back Dansby Swanson. The money needs to be spend on pitching both rotation and bullpen. Interesting they checked in on Boegarts, Lawler should be MLB ready in a couple of years so unless the plan is to move Boegarts to another position when Lawler is ready.

Boegarts isn't a great defender so he can always DH. I would MUCH rather have Swanson.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ahmed, his $10 million contract, and gold glove defense should be back next year.

Bringing in Bogaerts means either they are selling low on that or Bogaerts plays 3rd.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I would give anything outside of Carroll, Jones, and Walker for Murphy. He is an amazing defensive catcher with the second fastest time to his feet in the majors. He shuts down base runners.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you want to cry, look at our payroll pre arbitration. $63 million and Bumgarner and Ahmed are basically half that.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am REALLY glad we passed on an 11 year deal for a 30 year old infielder that already is a sub defender. Also, it is hilarious to see the Padres trying to outspend the Dodgers.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I am REALLY glad we passed on an 11 year deal for a 30 year old infielder that already is a sub defender. Also, it is hilarious to see the Padres trying to outspend the Dodgers.
It's hilarious for D-Backs fans to criticize anything the Padres/Dodgers do. Their owners go all out to win, and we have Uncle Ken, just happy to be there.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose