4 moves that made the Cardinals worse football-wise

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Meh...

Hopkins wanted out and let everyone know it...

Simmons leaving the secondary short? That's kinda laughable, because he wasn't making any plays...

Josh Jones trade....can definitely be debated.

Colt McCoy....I can't believe everyone in the media didn't see what we've been seeing since last year.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score

The franchise has put all of its eggs in the future draft pick basket. If the future draft picks don’t pan out in a big way, this offseason gets an F grade. Especially if we lose a pick due to Bidwill’s behavior (burner phones etc) that keeps coming to light

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Meh...

Simmons leaving the secondary short? That's kinda laughable, because he wasn't making any plays...

Colt McCoy....I can't believe everyone in the media didn't see what we've been seeing since last year.
Josh Jones is the only questionable one to me. Good with McCoy released, get the youngsters some reps. Tired of seeing Simmons out of position most of the time. Hopkins needed to go, he would have been a huge distraction if still on this team.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh...

Agreed.

Yes, releasing Hopkins mad the team worse THIS year. But as you said, he would’ve held out so no difference

McCoy - that’s laughable.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I believe in addition by subtraction.
A new staff needs everyone on board. You can't install a team first culture if your better players are resistant. Young guys coming in need to see everybody busting their ass every day to get better and make the team better.
I think most of the guys we got rid of were more me guys than team guys.
So see ya.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The only thing that I agree with is the Josh Jones trade. Losing a quality backup tackle on a line that has a history of injuries makes the team worse.
I'd argue that Beachum is a close proximity and getting draft capital for a player you aren't keeping in a lost year is gravy.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson