3 Concerns the Cards Have About the Upcoming Season

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The KM to McBride connection was noted as an issue but keep in mind pre-KM injury time frame under the previous coaching staff. Why would you lay that on the table?

In fact, I don’t put much stock of KM’s performance under KK. Also not much take aways from last year.

This coming year will be the measuring year for Kyler’s future with the Cardinals.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
The lack of run-D mentioned here is concerning. How isn’t that not #1 to you guys?
For me it’s because we added two professional players on the DL plus a first-round pick. I’m not sure what else we can do there.

I’d say it’s a mixture of despair and resignation.

I also think that if the corners can just move two ticks toward competent it’ll free up Budda and Jalen to support the run more.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For me it’s because we added two professional players on the DL plus a first-round pick. I’m not sure what else we can do there.

I’d say it’s a mixture of despair and resignation.

I also think that if the corners can just move two ticks toward competent it’ll free up Budda and Jalen to support the run more.
Just adding quality depth for a defensive minded head coach lessened my concerns for the defense.

Barring major injuries I’m expecting a solid unit by year’s end.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Just adding quality depth for a defensive minded head coach lessened my concerns for the defense.

Barring major injuries I’m expecting a solid unit by year’s end.
I kind of doubt that only because we sucked so much last year. Maybe all three or four rookies who will play significant snaps will work out, but that's an edge scenario.

If we finish in the middle third of the NFL, it will be a good result. The problem is much more likely to be a toothless pass rush than being soft in the middle.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I’m pretty damn excited about this season.

That is all.
there is a path that goes:

New and improved Kyler shows that first half of 2021 wasnt a fluke -- and leads an offense that can move the ball and score points in lots of different ways ---

and the defense is just good enough that when protected by the offense -- the Cards win enough games to make the playoffs and be dangerous

its the optimist view, but its not out of bounds

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

New and improved Kyler shows that first half of 2021 wasnt a fluke -- and leads an offense that can move the ball and score points in lots of different ways ---

and the defense is just good enough that when protected by the offense -- the Cards win enough games to make the playoffs and be dangerous

10 wins baby....

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Bro that 2021 offense was rolling. Two Hall of Famers on the outside, Christian Kirk entering his prime, and Rondale Moore in his true role as a #4 gadget player.

Scored 30+ points in every game except one in six of our first seven games and seven of our first eight.

We lack that kind of talent on both sides of the ball.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There's still some question about K1 and Petzing fit together.

Is K1 rhythmic enough to get the most out of the system and does Petzing make the offense "QB friendly" enough.

I get new system, coming off injury. However, it rarely looked that hard during K1's rookie season. Granted that team still had old man Fitz and Kirk.

And I really hope Monti is right about the trio of Wilson, Zay Jones and Dortch.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I believe this offense will be a run heavy focused offense. I don't think they drafted Benson to be a third down, specialty back. I honestly think he is going to see a good amount of carries along with Connor and Carter being that change of pace back. I think the Offensive staff would be thrilled to see 200+ yds. a game rushing.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think a lot of the optimism going into the season is based on how Kyler played to end the season. The team is improved in a lot of areas but to me it still hinges on QB play, I’m not overly convinced just yet on that.

The cornerbacks and linebackers are the big question marks on defense.

D line and O line are the least of my concerns.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Which would mean we would be watching meaningful games right to the end of the season.
Not necessarily. If we start 1-4 or 2-6 the December and January games will not be exceptionally meaningful in the big picture.

But going 8-1 in the back half would be exciting.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Bro that 2021 offense was rolling. Two Hall of Famers on the outside, Christian Kirk entering his prime, and Rondale Moore in his true role as a #4 gadget player.

Scored 30+ points in every game except one in six of our first seven games and seven of our first eight.

We lack that kind of talent on both sides of the ball.
I cant argue with that -- certainly in terms of points scored

I think the run first nature of the offense means they score less per game than the 21 team because they use more clock time in scoring

but -- if Kyler post injury, full off season in the offense and is "locked in" as the pub out of Warner / Hardy says he is -- then the potential is there for a really good, efficient offense

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Kyler
WR room
Defense
I think the WR room looks a lot better. It would have been nice to add another young WR, but Zay Jones can't get a good share of targets this year.

I'm oddly not too concerned about Kyler. He played pretty well last season without having quality NFl receivers.

The defense will still struggle to rush the passer.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedzBetz