#27 and #35 Trade Talk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I get your point, but would challenge that.

This draft is on paper the best draft across the board in recent history.
If you listen to some of the draft podcast - PFF etc. You have the highest graded OT in 10 years, The highest graded TE ever, the 3 WRs are graded #1, #2 and #4 in the last 9 years (Only Chase splits those 3). The deepest WR class ever with 15 players that normally would be considered potential 1st rounders. The OT class is the same with 5-6 players that would normally go in top 15 in any other draft. The non-Elite but very highly rated group of players is deep at CB and DL (picks 6-15 in any other draft).

On top of that it's most likely that you have 4 QB taken in the top 5. Very likely 5 QBs are taken in the top 15.

The run on QBs and the deepness of this class means that you will get a player in the first 50 picks that normally would be drafted 10-15 places higher. If you compare it to the very bad 2022 class, then there are 8-10 players in this draft that would have gone #1 overall in 2022. Remember the 2013 and drafting Jonanthan Cooper at 7 overall? The Duke guard is rated higher than Cooper was and he is mocked in the early 20's in this draft.

So while I get your point, but if you want to do it, this is the year to do it and why it should be considered.
That’s interesting. I’ve seen this draft graded as having like 22 legit first rounders and a slew of second round talent. I am seriously (not sarcastically) asking for links for the following:

14 first round receivers

Alt being graded highest tackle in 10 years

5-6 tackles being graded as top 15 picks

I just haven’t seen any commentary approaching those items. Deep receiver draft? Yes. Deep first round for tackles? Yes. But the above statements? I personally haven’t seen such extraordinary claims.

It also doesn’t necessarily counter what cheese is stating either. He’s focused on elite level talent. There’s likely only 5-7 non-QB elite level talents from what I’ve seen (3 top receivers, alt & bowers). I don’t think I’ve seen elite thrown around much in regards to any of the other players.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
That’s interesting. I’ve seen this draft graded as having like 22 legit first rounders and a slew of second round talent. I am seriously (not sarcastically) asking for links for the following:

14 first round receivers

Alt being graded highest tackle in 10 years

5-6 tackles being graded as top 15 picks

I just haven’t seen any commentary approaching those items. Deep receiver draft? Yes. Deep first round for tackles? Yes. But the above statements? I personally haven’t seen such extraordinary claims.

It also doesn’t necessarily counter what cheese is stating either. He’s focused on elite level talent. There’s likely only 5-7 non-QB elite level talents from what I’ve seen (3 top receivers, alt & bowers). I don’t think I’ve seen elite thrown around much in regards to any of the other players.
Pff podcast on Alt. Higher ranked than Andrew Thomas, who was the highest ranked in the last decade.

On the tackles in general. Both PFF and I believe move the Sticks. 5-6 tackles with 1st round talent that would Normally go in the teens Could be had potentially in the early 2nd.

And What I Said. The Elite group is sligthly bigger than usual, But the next group is huge this year. I totally get Cheese’s argument on just Taking the elite talent. My counter argument is just, that with such a talented draft. It should be considered

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
At some point, Cards FO needs to take advantage of a high draft pick (meaning in the Top 5). If you are at the top of the draft it usually means you were near the bottom of the standings the previous season (unless you pulled the rabbit out of the hat like the Bears did this year).

If we are indeed taking the slow climb and building the talent base, we should at least be in the '.500' range with the upcoming W-L record. We added a lot of 'mid-career' solid but not star vet players and now have a boatload of picks this year. We still have after-draft cuts to go shopping. These steps put us in the middle of the pack come the next 1st round opportunity.

So, we need to either:
(1) Take the best player who is also in a position of need for us--WR Harrison. We must take advantage of this year's high selection by getting a player with the possibility of being a future HOF player.

(2) Despite all the public ego-strokes for KM from the Card's FO, we should consider drafting his QB replacement. If QB Daniels or QB Maye is there at 4, I say take him. My preference would be Maye. This year may be our best chance at a legit future QBOF. If KM fizzles this year, we will have his replacement with one year on the roster. If KM plays lights out and stays healthy, we have a top QB to trade.

I don't see KM doing anything more than a .500 record---that's regardless of the players we put around him. We've seen his best and so has the entire league. All his flaws are part of the D playbook for all the teams we will face. He has not progressed past his flaws several years into his career. Our OL is developing into a group of bulldozers---that KM will not be able to see over or around. It is doubtful that he remains healthy for an entire season going forward.

At pick #4. take either WR Harrison or one of the top QBs. This high pick is nothing to barter away considering we may not be here again for some time.

WiscoBird

Veteran
Reaction score
I can't remember a draft like this in my lifetime. I've never seen it so lopsided before. Off the top of my head, I can only think of 6 surefire defensive first round picks.

Turner
Verse
Murphy
Newton(debatable)
Arnold
Mitchell.

Others will be drafted, but not a guarantee. Not to mention, there is about 20 WR's I would be happy with if the Cardinals took them in the first 3 rounds.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
For me, 27 is the more enticing pick to trade. I have read twitter speculation regarding Monti trying to trade 27 or 35 for young, established player. Not sure I believe it, but it is smart avenue to explore. I have said before, I don' know how much value 27 will have. Trading down from 27 would likely make sense.

@DVontel @Krangodnzr @GatorAZ @SoonerLou @Harry The Cardinals seem to be interested in Cooper DeJean...do you guys think he can play CB in the NFL? He seems too stiff to me, but I may be off.

I quit all things Iowa after watching their offense early in the season BUT I’m not a fan of taking a corner at #27 if an equal caliber edge or DT is there.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
i want 2 pics in the top 10 dammit - idc what houston did we were supposed to get 2 pics in the top 10 in 2024 - its one of the main reasons monti's first draft was graded so highly dammit - so stay at #4 AND do what ever you gotta do move the hell up because this draft may be loaded but sugarpuss - it aint that loaded - what - we're supposed to make the same jump houston did with only 1 top 10 pic? make it happen jackson - this is the year of the phoenix and his name is kyler murray - idk if he's a myth or truly magical but we've all seen him ignite

2 pics in the top 10 or you guys won't be saying "hey - that hippie is pretty bitchin"

oh no

you'll be saying - "damn - that hippie won't stop bitchin"

If the Bolts are desperate to trade down how much value could we steal in a trade-back up?

#11, #23, 2025’ MIN 1st for #4

then…

#11, #23, #66 for #5

The Chargers would probably do it if you swapped 66 for 35. So essentially would you swap #35 for Minnesota’s 1st in 2025? I’d only do it for a third..

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Heh I've been saying the same thing for weeks LOL.

Trading up just doesn't feel right. Let's say you trade to #20...the players are still on a similar tier at #20 as they are even at #35.

I think the top 10 picks are all Tier 1 players and that might even extend to about pick 12. After that there is probably a Tier 2 that lasts until about pick 45.
You might be right, but there might be a run on players at a position you want. Like let’s say edge. Let’s say the bama kid, and latu are gone and verse is there at 20. The trade up looks pretty good if you need an edge and want one of the top 3.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
it feels like there are three pass rushers: Turner, Verse and Latu. If one of them falls into the late teens / 20 spot -- i would be perfectly ok burning a 3rds to move up and get him.

but that would be about it
Borg. It’s why talking about trading down or trading up being better in a vacuum is silly. Facts determine whether it’s a good move or not.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You're getting two top 100 picks and another pick for just one top 100 pick.
Yes krang, we know, you like to do a gabazillion draft-o-Magic’s where you make 50!trades and end up with 20-something players.

Don’t give up that much talent for so little compensation. We aren’t talking dropping down from 35. We are talking dropping 17 slots.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He'd be an instant fan favorite. The kind of player other guys rally around.

Can even play on offense. Emergency QB, Wildcat, really a lot of things to like.

He's a student of the game. Like having a quarterback for the defense.

Are you guys talking the gym rat?

Those corn fed guys are just players.

Just football players through and through. If we had 22 Cooper DeJeans... I'll tell you what...

I don't say this too often about a young man right out of college, but I like his moxie. I like it a lot.

You could put him at defensive line and he'd give you 110% effort on every play.

A real gamer.

Absolutely. Plays the full 60 minutes.

Would play without a pads and a helmet if they would let him.

It's the nicest person you could meet off the field, but when he buckles up the chinstrap he's the meanest MFer alive.

I would let him date my daughter..just such a high character kid

OFF THE CHARTS character.

If I had a daughter...
This new trend is as bad as “big Johns.”

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
At some point, Cards FO needs to take advantage of a high draft pick (meaning in the Top 5). If you are at the top of the draft it usually means you were near the bottom of the standings the previous season (unless you pulled the rabbit out of the hat like the Bears did this year).

If we are indeed taking the slow climb and building the talent base, we should at least be in the '.500' range with the upcoming W-L record. We added a lot of 'mid-career' solid but not star vet players and now have a boatload of picks this year. We still have after-draft cuts to go shopping. These steps put us in the middle of the pack come the next 1st round opportunity.

So, we need to either:
(1) Take the best player who is also in a position of need for us--WR Harrison. We must take advantage of this year's high selection by getting a player with the possibility of being a future HOF player.

(2) Despite all the public ego-strokes for KM from the Card's FO, we should consider drafting his QB replacement. If QB Daniels or QB Maye is there at 4, I say take him. My preference would be Maye. This year may be our best chance at a legit future QBOF. If KM fizzles this year, we will have his replacement with one year on the roster. If KM plays lights out and stays healthy, we have a top QB to trade.

I don't see KM doing anything more than a .500 record---that's regardless of the players we put around him. We've seen his best and so has the entire league. All his flaws are part of the D playbook for all the teams we will face. He has not progressed past his flaws several years into his career. Our OL is developing into a group of bulldozers---that KM will not be able to see over or around. It is doubtful that he remains healthy for an entire season going forward.

At pick #4. take either WR Harrison or one of the top QBs. This high pick is nothing to barter away considering we may not be here again for some time.
I am not high on Daniels but if Maye falls to 4, I take him then start talking with the Raiders & Vikings about picks for Murray

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oh, yes. Once he is done playing on Sundays, he can teach kids how to play the right way.
I’m thinking he could greatly improve our young CBs we already have on the team. Meaning his value to the CB room could be worth the selection earlier than where he is currently projected to be selected.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I’m thinking he could greatly improve our young CBs we already have on the team. Meaning his value to the CB room could be worth the selection earlier than where he is currently projected to be selected.
I guarantee there’s no one you want more in the meeting room. He’s always comes prepared.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
This is an unsubtle way to be wrong and failing at playing the race card. This is beneath you, Krang.

A Big John is a "stud" player. Ala Big John Stud the wrestler.
LOL

Reading comprehension much?

My post was in reference to the back and forth banter between @kerouac9 and @Mulli, where they were using language that was often used for white players only.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

So, we need to either:

I agree with taking MHJ, but not the 4th QB over Kyler. We need elite talent.

I don't think Kyler is the answer, but I wouldn't be replacing him with everyone's 4th choice at the position.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard