24 Season 8

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Agent Freckles is back and she's not happy.

:)

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
So it's confirmed that this is the last season?

I almost gave up watching last season. They've really been trying to run this show into the ground.

This was, at one time, my favorite show.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So it's confirmed that this is the last season?

I almost gave up watching last season. They've really been trying to run this show into the ground.

This was, at one time, my favorite show.

That's too bad. Last season was really good, the best in several years. And this year has started out great as well.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Really not happy that this is the last year... I love this show.

This is the last season that they are contracted for. But apparently Kiefer and the producers are still committed and are probably looking to continue. Fox execs say that it basically is going to come down to a business decision, not a creative one.

They're saying that after season 8, they want to put their energy to the movie, so the question is if that movie is the end or if it's a bridge to season 9. That's still up in the air and a possibility.

sundevilscott

Kaycee's Daddy
Reaction score
This is the last season that they are contracted for. But apparently Kiefer and the producers are still committed and are probably looking to continue. Fox execs say that it basically is going to come down to a business decision, not a creative one.

They're saying that after season 8, they want to put their energy to the movie, so the question is if that movie is the end or if it's a bridge to season 9. That's still up in the air and a possibility.

Thanks Chaplin!

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am pretty sure I could take Keifer Sutherland.

I'm pretty sure Matt Roloff could take Keifer Sutherland. ;)

This is another show that sends me into mad laughter. First they nuked Magic Mountain. Then last season they had that threat at the chemical plant in Kidron, Ohio.

I have relatives in Kidron, Ohio. I have been in Kidron, Ohio. There is nothing in Kidron, Ohio but Amish farmers and a lot of fat, happy cows. Of course a giant wheel of baby swiss could fall on your head...

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Dick Cheney likes 24! Only show with torture keeping America safe. I'm sure the Cheneys use their pull with Fox to keep it going! Kudos to Dick! Let's see how they hurt Kiefer this week! (Personally, I think the secret they aren't telling everyone is that Keifer is a zombie! Think about it, you CAN'T kill him!)

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife loves the show. She only started watching it last season. I bought her seasons 5 & 6 for Christmas. I watched some of it. I swear, that president Logan guy looked strangely like Nixon and his chief of staff looked suspiciously like Cheney. Gave me the creeps.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anybody is still watching, but I thought that last week's episode was really good, better than 24 has been in quite some time. I can't wait to see where they take this tonight.

jw7

Woof!
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anybody is still watching, but I thought that last week's episode was really good, better than 24 has been in quite some time. I can't wait to see where they take this tonight.

:raiseshand:

I absolutely love this show. The downside is that I am hearing on twitter that tonights episode rocks and Chloe goes nuts. The good thing about living on the West Coast is that you get NFL and other sports at a reasonable hour. The bad thing is you can be tempted to get spoilers.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Tonight's ep was certainly exciting, but the writing was absolutely god-awful. Just terrible.

OP
OP
O

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Tonight's ep was certainly exciting, but the writing was absolutely god-awful. Just terrible.

So many holes but still entertaining,

how did we go from the bad teenage romance with the bad boy, to the probation officer, to her being the mole? Did I miss an episode?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
So many holes but still entertaining,

how did we go from the bad teenage romance with the bad boy, to the probation officer, to her being the mole? Did I miss an episode?

There is no explanation. It is a plot that makes no sense and doesn't mean anything.

If she was a bad ass terrorist all along, why go along with the redneck's plan to rob the evidence room? Why not just shoot the morons in her apartment?

And remember to thank the architects at CTU for building covered cubby holes in holding rooms that are big enough to stuff entire bodies.

What a joke.

Oh and good to see Renee not being a lunatic anymore. How long did it take to get over the brutal murder of her rapist and stabbing of Jack? 3 hours? :rolleyes:

Thought I was watching an episode from another season. Well... actually, from ANY other season. It's the same!

OP
OP
O

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
:)
There is no explanation. It is a plot that makes no sense and doesn't mean anything.

If she was a bad ass terrorist all along, why go along with the redneck's plan to rob the evidence room? Why not just shoot the morons in her apartment?

And remember to thank the architects at CTU for building covered cubby holes in holding rooms that are big enough to stuff entire bodies.

What a joke.

Oh and good to see Renee not being a lunatic anymore. How long did it take to get over the brutal murder of her rapist and stabbing of Jack? 3 hours? :rolleyes:

Thought I was watching an episode from another season. Well... actually, from ANY other season. It's the same!

I know! How many buildings have you been in where you can just pull a panel and stuff a body in there? Let alone an interrogation room? :shrug:

I started this thread by saying Agent Freckles, Renee, was back and pissed.
I guess she got over it. :)

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I was loving the season despite Freddie freaking Prinze Jr but the twist in last nights episode was ridiculous. Trying too hard 24.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, FINALLY! I've been wondering what the heck show I was watching on Monday nights. I mean, there was the same shooting, the same infiltration of our shores by some small band of terrorist and the same idiotic reasoning by the people who are supposed to be our best leaders.

However, it just didn't make any sense because the credits looked the same as before and Jack would still tell me what time it was each episode but I'd been scratching my head as to who kidnapped my show's story lines. I kept asking "Where's the mole?"

But finally, tonight the writers returned to their form and pulled out THE MOLE! It's apparently just not 24 without a mole inside the friggin' COUNTER TERRORIST UNIT. The one agency that should know how to do a background check, much less monitor calls inside their own building. I guess it works out though, since the people in charge of our government in this world ignore logic, that it would make sense that an agency which continually hires moles would still be in business.

That said, I still watch 24 but out of the 8 years this show has been on the air, there's been what, ONE season where there wasn't a mole inside CTU?

I was hoping that for once (or twice I guess) that there wouldn't be another MOLE TWIST.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
CTU needs to hire new people in HR. You'd think someone would notice that there are moles in the same department on a yearly basis. Sheesh :D

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The mole in 24 is like the 'crash cart' in House. Every episode has to have one.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh... never mind. This week's was really good, for the first 55 minutes. What I enjoyed about this season is that they had for the most part avoided the usual 24 cliches that have plagued the last few seasons. Then they smack us with the biggest 24 cliche of them all, and it doesn't even make any sense with the story. Blah.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ugh... never mind. This week's was really good, for the first 55 minutes. What I enjoyed about this season is that they had for the most part avoided the usual 24 cliches that have plagued the last few seasons. Then they smack us with the biggest 24 cliche of them all, and it doesn't even make any sense with the story. Blah.

Really? The last 2 or 3 episodes, while action-packed, have been loaded with nothing but 24 cliches (Chloe taking matters into her own hands, CTU being targetted, nuclear bomb threats, the mole, Jack getting shot and getting up like nothing happened--even if it was a shot in a vest, rookie nobodies getting killed pretty easily because of stupid decisions, the head of CTU being a total hard ass--although to be fair, Hastings redeemed himself a little bit with the Chloe thing, and finally, an inconsequential plot that makes no sense and just adds stupidity to the show). Take your pick.