2024 WNBA Draft Lottery

OP
OP
CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Need to see more of her this year, but my 2nd favorite is Paige. Having a player that can score and create at a high level is only becoming more important in basketball.

I do like Brink a lot though. She can pretty much do everything you want from a F/C. Will be interesting to see who goes with that 2nd pick.

OP
OP
CardsSunsDbacks

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Also, at least the Mercury stayed in the top 3. This being considered a 3 player draft by many, it at least mean we should end up with one of those 3 players.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Curious to see if Brink and BG can play together. If they can, that should be one of the top defensive frontlines in the league.
Plus offense. Can't double and triple BG in the post. She can give it to her other big off the weak side!

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Also, at least the Mercury stayed in the top 3. This being considered a 3 player draft by many, it at least mean we should end up with one of those 3 players.
There is a little chatter that Paige may go back to UConn for another year. Hopefully that is just chatter. As long as the big three all come out we will be good to go.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
There is a little chatter that Paige may go back to UConn for another year. Hopefully that is just chatter. As long as the big three all come out we will be good to go.
It's funny, all sports are doing this. Guys in college football saying the same thing. It must be in vogue right now.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny, all sports are doing this. Guys in college football saying the same thing. It must be in vogue right now.

Players and their agents may be trying to control where they play.

JerkFace

Reaction score
The main difference is that the financial jump from college to the NFL is vastly more than from college to the WNBA. I just read an article that suggested that she probably will make more in a year of college than she will in a year on a rookie contract.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The main difference is that the financial jump from college to the NFL is vastly more than from college to the WNBA. I just read an article that suggested that she probably will make more in a year of college than she will in a year on a rookie contract.
It's sad but true. NIL if you are a big star, she probably will make more.

JerkFace

Reaction score
It's sad but true. NIL if you are a big star, she probably will make more.
Hopefully the prospect of either playing in Los Angeles or getting to play with the GOAT (and fellow UConnian) will entice her to leave.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
The only problem with her is she misses time every season. When she's on the court, she's the best player in the game level. However, she's always missing time.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
She would never play here in Arizona. She wants to be near her sister, who has cerebral palsy, is autistic and is deaf and blind. She is very close to her sister and does not play overseas because she does not want to be far away from her. She has said she was happy Chicago traded her to Washington. Now she is closer to her sister.

JerkFace

Reaction score

Glad we traded the pick. We would have been on the outside looking in.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson