2024 Texans pick watch thread

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, they have a chance for the playoff
That's what I said. Their defense looks professional. They shouldn't be thinking about draft picks, they can legit make the playoffs.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
That's what I said. Their defense looks professional. They shouldn't be thinking about draft picks, they can legit make the playoffs.
They would have to qualify as a Wild Card. Jaguars are winning the division easily. I doubt that will happen

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I kinda low key hope we end up with pick 3..... I want MHJ,... and I would pick him at 2,,,, but with 2 QB's, I think there is a solid chance Monti would trade pick 2
If MHJ is on the board and Monti trades out--fire Monti. Unless it's to trade out AND get MHJ, then give him a raise lol

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They would have to qualify as a Wild Card. Jaguars are winning the division easily. I doubt that will happen
Yes, that is most likely. But they already beat the Jags on the road and get another shot at them at home.

Really, it's how Stroud does. He's been pretty brilliant, but will DCs figure something out to shut him down?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Prepare to be sick.
I dunno, man. This defense is so bad.

I've gotten the distinct feeling the past few weeks that opponents are happy to let the score be close knowing that this team can't get up by two scores and can't really force a meaningful punt.

My expectation is Kyler turns these grinds into shootouts. If we're 1-8 when he comes back, we probably still end up 5-12 or so.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I've gotten the distinct feeling the past few weeks that opponents are happy to let the score be close knowing that this team can't get up by two scores and can't really force a meaningful punt.

My expectation is Kyler turns these grinds into shootouts. If we're 1-8 when he comes back, we probably still end up 5-12 or so.
He doesn’t want to stick with Kyler hence why I told him to prepare to be sick. Unless Kyler plays absolutely awful, MHJR will be a Cardinal come April.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He doesn’t want to stick with Kyler hence why I told him to prepare to be sick. Unless Kyler plays absolutely awful, MHJR will be a Cardinal come April.
Ah... I thought he was saying that the Cards would play themselves out of MHJ range. They might!

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Cards getting 5 wins might push their pick to the 10 area. Texans getting 8ish wins could push them to around 20 in the draft.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Cards getting 5 wins might push their pick to the 10 area. Texans getting 8ish wins could push them to around 20 in the draft.
Maybe, but maybe not. Last season the Rams and Broncs ended up with 5 wins and the draft picks they traded away landed well within the top 10.

It's entirely possible that Houston makes the playoffs and wins a game in the AFC.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Ah... I thought he was saying that the Cards would play themselves out of MHJ range. They might!
Both are true. I don’t want Kyler but if we keep Kyler and add no blue chippers(MHJ) we are going to be in NFL purgatory. Kyler IMO is going to be similar to Kirk cousins will always be good enough but never enough to win. I don’t know if I can live with that for the next 10 years. I certainly can’t live with having what we thought would be 2 top 10 picks become 0. We wouldn’t even have the capital to trade up to get MHJ.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Both are true. I don’t want Kyler but if we keep Kyler and add no blue chippers(MHJ) we are going to be in NFL purgatory. Kyler IMO is going to be similar to Kirk cousins will always be good enough but never enough to win. I don’t know if I can live with that for the next 10 years. I certainly can’t live with having what we thought would be 2 top 10 picks become 0. We wouldn’t even have the capital to trade up to get MHJ.
If you believe after three chances that Kyler can never win a clinching game, I'm not going to argue with you about it.

I think if Kyler comes to a 1-8 team and wills them to a 7-10 finish, that's a great start for the next season. Then you maybe don't need blue-chip talent (I don't fall in love with prospects; Fitz gave us some fun years but never lead us to the promised land).

I think we might have two different tiers. I think think Cousins gives you a chance. His career comps on PFR are Tony Romo, Steve McNair, Ryan Tannehill, and those types of guys. Those are good QBs! They'd be among the top 5 or 10 QBs ever to wear an Arizona Cardinals uniform!

I think Kyler has more of a killer instinct than Cousins does.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
DangeRuss has a 'chip.
Actually, Stafford does, too.
I’m talking capable of winning a Super Bowl. There are about 7 in the league who could win one I don’t think Kyler is one of those 7. We are gonna need to draft the next one.
Whom would you eliminate from this list?

Tua
Mahomes
Stafford
Allen
Hurts
Purdy
Lawrence
Jackson
Herbert
Dak
Burrow
Dashaun Watson*

Kyler Murray just turned 26 years old. I think there's a good chance he joins this group by the end of the season.

* I think there's a slim chance (say, 20%) that Watson figures out whatever is going on and becomes a Pro Bowl-caliber QB again. I think the chance of this happening with Russ are 0%.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Actually, Stafford does, too.

Whom would you eliminate from this list?

Tua
Mahomes
Stafford
Allen
Hurts
Purdy
Lawrence
Jackson
Herbert
Dak
Burrow
Dashaun Watson*

Kyler Murray just turned 26 years old. I think there's a good chance he joins this group by the end of the season.

* I think there's a slim chance (say, 20%) that Watson figures out whatever is going on and becomes a Pro Bowl-caliber QB again. I think the chance of this happening with Russ are 0%.
I would drop Dak for sure he’s had amazing teams and hasn’t even gotten to the game.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort