2024 NBA Play-in Games

Lorenzo

Reaction score
this one's over - sacramento looking like they don't belong in the play-in while the warriors... time to move on golden state - it's cool to have 3 great players in their prime but not 3 great player past it
It looks that way. That was a horrible way to end the quarter for GS. They could have had a big swing there. I would never count out curry until the final horn sounds. But sac are really defending curry well, not giving him any room. He is also missing layups.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Couldn't have done that much worse, Wiggs misses 2 of the 3 FT's and then they just say ok Steph you go 1 on 5 shot gets blocked. So they get 1 point out of a flagrant foul on a 3.

Klay still scoreless,it's entirely possible if they lose this is his last game as a Warrior. My guess is he will go down shooting in the 4th.

Just terribly coached 3rd quarter by Kerr, unfortunately the guys who ran his defense are not there anymore. one retired, the other coaches the Kings

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Curry needs to move the ball while they are double teaming him. Make them pay for it, then wait for his shot.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curry is still great but he's been so weak with the ball tonight against Kings double teams. The box says 5 TO's seems more like 8.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curry needs to move the ball while they are double teaming him. Make them pay for it, then wait for his shot.

The Kings have just been better but when Klay hasn't scored this deep into the game it's hard for me to fault Steph for trying to take on the double team.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
It looks that way. That was a horrible way to end the quarter for GS. They could have had a big swing there. I would never count out curry until the final horn sounds. But sac are really defending curry well, not giving him any room. He is also missing layups.
id qualify that team as one of the best tho - the word dynasty should be reserved for squads that kept their roster and stood the test of time - bringing multiple championships

curry - green - klay did it their way - kd too who was named finals mvp (once or twice?)

Last edited:

Gambler

Reaction score
I saw this graphic on the free throw differential.

Attachments

• free throws.jpeg
    free throws.jpeg
    90.2 KB · Views: 10

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hats off to Mike Brown, was a big part of the Warrior run as an assistant and done a great job since taking the Kings job.

If Zion can't play you have to like their chances of winning on Friday too.

Klay has never looked older and frankly even Steph doesn't have much energy tonight, the Kings ball pressure wore him out

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Curry is still great but he's been so weak with the ball tonight against Kings double teams. The box says 5 TO's seems more like 8.
steph curry is by far the better 3 point shooter - still is - but grayson allen led the league in % 3 point shooting - if steph were shooting as open and as often as grayson is... its sad man but when klay fell off and poole went all lindsey lohan - it got a lot easier to cover steph curry

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
End of the road for that Warriors squad. Hard to see Klay back there... he might straight up retire, he's fallen off a cliff.

CP3 is going to be available to a contender on a minimum contract, I'd be all for it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
End of the road for that Warriors squad. Hard to see Klay back there... he might straight up retire, he's fallen off a cliff.

CP3 is going to be available to a contender on a minimum contract, I'd be all for it.

I’d take him to come back and run the second team in a heartbeat but he’s got wayyyyy too much pride to do that.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d take him to come back and run the second team in a heartbeat but he’s got wayyyyy too much pride to do that.

He came off the bench this year. I think he is fully aware that he isn’t what he used to be.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, if you’re GS, this run is completely dunzo, right… and Curry is 35? Gotta figure the tough, but smart thing to do would be to trade him and totally start over. And I just can’t see Curry being content to ride out the rest of his career with what’s left of this team.

So, who are the somewhat contenders with assets that likely don’t win it all this year that makes a run at him?

OKC? They’ve got a buttload of picks and talent and maybe he’s the last piece of the puzzle?

Sixers? They’ve got Maxey… maybe they overreact to not winning this season and try to pull that trigger?

Miami? Tries to send the same pupu platter that couldn’t get the Dame trade done?

Houston? They’ve got picks galore and up and coming squad.

Lakers? Don’t have much to trade but I’m sure we’d be inundated with all the “reasons” why they’re the front runners.

Last edited:

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

that'd be cool

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, if you’re GS, this run is completely dunzo, right… and Curry is 35? Gotta figure the tough, but smart thing to do would be to trade him and totally start over. And I just can’t see Curry being content to ride out the rest of his career with what’s left of this team.

So, who are the somewhat contenders with assets that likely don’t win it all this year that makes a run at him?

OKC? They’ve got a buttload of picks and talent and maybe he’s the last piece of the puzzle?

Sixers? They’ve got Maxey… maybe they overreact to not winning this season and try to pull that trigger?

Miami? Tries to send the same pupu platter that couldn’t get the Dame trade done?

Houston? They’ve got picks galore and up and coming squad.

Lakers? Don’t have much to trade but I’m sure we’d be inundated with all the “reasons” why they’re the front runners.

Lakers are a 2nd apron team, so they're thankfully out of the conversation. Same applies to Clippers, Bucks Celtics and, of course, the Suns. Wolves are going to blow through the 2nd apron too with Ant and Town's extensions.

Barring Golden State getting sentimental and stupid, Klay's expiring contract and CP3's should drop them well below. If they hadn't resigned Draymond to his goofy extension they'd probably be under the salary cap.

This CBA is going to make it really hard to big time stars to shuffle around. It's also going to make it difficult to blow up a team when things get sideways.

I wouldn't be surprised if the league revisits it in a few years and decides it is too restrictive.

... or maybe a new TV deal will blow all this current money out of the water and we'll see everything get opened up again anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard