2024 Free Agency thread

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He did screw up the tank. Now we're not really high enough for a "haul" in draft pick compensation, Houston's draft pick was way down at the bottom of the draft, and we're still hoping our franchise quarterback can play as good as, like, Geno Smith next year.

Keep the faith.
I think JG screwed up the tank more than Monti but it's splitting hairs. What would have really screwed the tank was 1 more win. No shot at MHJ, I can hear Cbus crying now at the thought.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol Not really. The only accurate thing in here is we would have one less year of control. Whoop-de-do. We're still carrying tons of cap and would more than easily be able to carry two mid FA contracts into this offesason. Yours is the false argument that we have to continually keep our powder dry when it's common knowledge we don't. The cap isn't this ginormous hinderance that forces us to roll money over year after year folks want to pretend it is.
Still triggered by any mention of the cap. Missed the whole tanking thing.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Agree...but even Mims isn't a huge project. Dude is a lab created prototype who had the rare ability to dominate with just his physical talents while playing at a major program....some play time is his biggest need...but a small amount of coaching regarding the folly of leaning into pass protection is a close second.
Dude has seven career starts. That's a project. There's no two ways about it. It's not just the body type, even if he's been practicing against elite prospects at UGA every week. It's just different.

I think JG screwed up the tank more than Monti but it's splitting hairs. What would have really screwed the tank was 1 more win. No shot at MHJ, I can hear Cbus crying now at the thought.

Actually, it probably would've been better to get the additional win and have some more clarity over what our options are. We're in a position now to get neither a haul nor the best non-QB prospect. I think we're pretty resigned to the idea of getting a pretty mid package to move down and then (at best) the third WR prospect.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, it probably would've been better to get the additional win and have some more clarity over what our options are. We're in a position now to get neither a haul nor the best non-QB prospect. I think we're pretty resigned to the idea of getting a pretty mid package to move down and then (at best) the third WR prospect.
So, it's better to have a later draft pick? I'm looking forward to seeing the somersaults you'll do to support this take! :biglaugh:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
LMao.

Dude has seven career starts. That's a project. There's no two ways about it. It's not just the body type, even if he's been practicing against elite prospects at UGA every week. It's just different.

Did you watch those starts? The kid went against the best cfb has to offer and erased them

netsnjkidd

Veteran
Reaction score
That would be PJJ, who had a better first season than perennial All-Pro Lane Johnson, right?

Yup, Monti is in serious need of redemption. :shrug:

P.S. 20/20 hindsight and revisionist history are not the same thing.
On the other side you didn't know off one yr will Anderson will be von miller 2.0(sarcasm)

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Concept to ponder:

When trying to establish a culture of hard work, positive attitude,and unselfish behavior...
It can be less complicated and less resistance when one starts with a group of players who have no sense of entitlement because they are legit grateful for the opportunity.
Then you add young moldable players into the existing culture.

One might posit that such players are difficult to locate within the existing ranks of established NFL players.
Eh, no. I very much disagree. Sounds like a concept leading to a 4-5 year "we hope it works" rebuild plan.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

This would be a mistake I’m hoping we don’t make. Pick the best player available at a position of need, Monti.

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Heh? How are the Arizona Football Cardinals not in a position to get the best non-QB prospect?

WakeForestCard

Veteran
Reaction score
My concern is that the Bears or Giants will trade up to #3 (NE) and draft MHJ.
Assuming they'd (Bears) need to package next year's first-rounder for that to work? Outside of the first overall they only have #9 (which would obviously be part of the trade), a 3rd (#75) and 4th (#122) rounder this year. Their trade for Keenan Allen limits this possibility as well IMO.

Lot of capital for the Giants as well who could stay put and still end up with one of the other top WRs if they go that route.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn