2024 Free Agency thread

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Would you take him over Boyd?
Looking closer at the numbers, Boyd might be a safer bet. Sadly, I see more Cowboys games than Bengals. But from what I've seen Gallup has always performed well. I know he had a bad injury awhile back. I was surprised he only had 34 catches this past season. I really expected the Cards to target a higher profile receiver other than Chris Moore. It looks like they'll take a WR, MHJ or Odunze with their first first round pick, but I just think they need a more proven guy in the mix as well other than Wilson, Dortch and Moore.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Well, Monti is wrong. I guess he's right in his thinking that if you have a Tom Brady, Pat Mahomes, or Aaron Rodgers at QB, you can get by with less talented WR's because those guys are so good. But, for most teams that don't have one of the all time great QB's on their roster, you need to give your QB some weapons at the WR position,
Plus, look at the Pats when Brady had Randy Moss as his WR. They should have been 18-0. When Brady had great weapons in TB he won the SB too.
Take AJ Brown and Smith away from Jalen Hurts and replace them with Greg Dortch and Zach Pascal and we'll see what kind of passing attack they have.
Did Geno Smith all of a sudden become a pretty good QB or does throwing the ball to Metcalf, Lockett, and Smith-Njigba have something to do with it?
Prescott has Cee Dee
Deshaun had Hopkins
Tua has Tyreek and Waddle
Burrow has Chase
Herbert has had Allen and Williams
Purdy has Aiyuk and Deebo
the list goes on and on.

Then look at the bottom of the league's passing offenses and try to name a WR, without looking, on the Panthers, Giants, or Titans.
Hey, we have Michael Wilson, who some say is a good #2! Unless you have Pat Mahomes at QB,(who has arguably the best receiving TE in history) you're going to need some high level talent at the WR position to be successful in the modern NFL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Looking closer at the numbers, Boyd might be a safer bet. Sadly, I see more Cowboys games than Bengals. But from what I've seen Gallup has always performed well. I know he had a bad injury awhile back. I was surprised he only had 34 catches this past season. I really expected the Cards to target a higher profile receiver other than Chris Moore. It looks like they'll take a WR, MHJ or Odunze with their first first round pick, but I just think they need a more proven guy in the mix as well other than Wilson, Dortch and Moore.
The Cardinals likely take another receiver round three or later too.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once again, I'm not sure why we couldn't have made this kind of move. Edge rusher is such a hole right now. It's not like we don't have cap space.
1 year deal for $13 million. Doesn't make sense for a rebuilding team, this deal is for a team looking to get over the Hump while helping Chase earn a paycheck next offseason. That would eat most of our cap. There are still a few decent names out there and there will be a few more after the draft. Also, having cap flexibility going into the draft allows for player trades too.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
1 year deal for $13 million. Doesn't make sense for a rebuilding team, this deal is for a team looking to get over the Hump while helping Chase earn a paycheck next offseason. That would eat most of our cap. There are still a few decent names out there and there will be a few more after the draft. Also, having cap flexibility going into the draft allows for player trades too.
Gotta keep that powder dry. We can't afford to sign Chase Young to a one-year contract in case a player like Chase Young comes available down the road.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta keep that powder dry. We can't afford to sign Chase Young to a one-year contract in case a player like Chase Young comes available down the road.
IMHO it doesn't make sense to sing him to just a 1 year deal. I'd sign him to a longer deal. That deal eat have to the remaining cap and creates a new hole next year. I'd rather wait on 1 year deal like that after June 1st. But that's me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard