2024 Free Agency thread

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Decent start to free agency. Signing a CB like Sean Bunting that can compete with Garrett Williams as our number two with the other being our third. I can see us drafting a guy like Koolaid McKinstry at 27 to be our number one.

Signing two DT’s was needed big time. Both Jones and Nichols are in their prime, five year starters and played all 17 games the last two years in a row. I think Jones will be a starter. We still need to bring in at least one pass rushing DE if not two.

LB Mack Wilson has been mostly a backup and special teamer, but is known for his coverage so even if he doesn’t start he should rotate in on passing downs.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Random take. Cards should pick up John Wolford for backup depth. Similar QB to Kyler, starting experience and knows the Rams playbook inside out.

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
@BritCard You were discussing the Eagles and the Landon Dickerson contract. One of the things the Eagles do is stagger spending. They also are consistently 8 or 9 in positional spending on the o-line. They have been between 8-10 every year since 2019. I don't believe that is random. Kelce moves out, Jurgens moves to the starting lineup, and Dickerson gets a bump.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
they needed bodies, they got bodies. I know these guys are very likely significantly better than the street free agents the Cardinals had manning those positions last year --- but I don't know how much better.

I also don't know the production gap between players at this level vs. "better than average" players at the position.

so -- the D might go from 31st in points allowed to ....... 25th maybe?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
they needed bodies, they got bodies. I know these guys are very likely significantly better than the street free agents the Cardinals had manning those positions last year --- but I don't know how much better.

I also don't know the production gap between players at this level vs. "better than average" players at the position.

so -- the D might go from 31st in points allowed to ....... 25th maybe?

If nothing else happens, probably. But I doubt that will be the case. I think we'll add another EDGE and another cornerback. Combined with expected progress from Ojulari (ha!) and Williams, and you probably have the base for a professionally mediocre offense in the 15-25 range.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard