2024 Free Agency thread

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Rappaport just copy-pasting press releases from the agent. Darnell Mooney is a "key playmaker" on an offense that will feature Bijan Robinson, Kyle Pitts, and Drake London?

Okay.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Eh as much as Im down on Fields, he's a definite upgrade over Darnold. Kevin O'Connell is a pretty good coach, so I think Fields would be at his near best there
I'm not sure the Bears trade him to a rival. While I don't ever think he be more than he is now, he did improve last season and if he take one more jump under O'Connell, the could hurt the Bears for a few years. It's a risk for a maybe a 3rd round pick.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@BritCard You were discussing the Eagles and the Landon Dickerson contract. One of the things the Eagles do is stagger spending. They also are consistently 8 or 9 in positional spending on the o-line. They have been between 8-10 every year since 2019. I don't believe that is random. Kelce moves out, Jurgens moves to the starting lineup, and Dickerson gets a bump.

Sure I get the strategy, it's more the amount. I think $21m per for someone who has been a mid guard for 3 years is way too much. Too much for me for the best Guard in the league.

The drop off between Dickerson and Jackson to Hernandez is next to nothing in my opinion. Very similar level players.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hollywood is a similar player to Mooney. Would you give Mooney 3 years at $13m per?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Sure I get the strategy, it's more the amount. I think $21m per for someone who has been a mid guard for 3 years is way too much. Too much for me for the best Guard in the league.

The drop off between Dickerson and Jackson to Hernandez is next to nothing in my opinion. Very similar level players.

Well, between you and Howie Roseman you have a record 24 games over .500, eight playoff appearances, two trips to the Super Bowl, one title and two executive of the year awards.