2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I like Brendan Rice. Pearsall is not getting out of round 2.

And if Penix wasn't so old/injury history he'd be a lock 1st rounder. Just throws the ball different than any QB I've seen today.
Agree . I would be stoked if we got BR....would grab Peenix too if he was there in the fourth

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I like Brendan Rice. Pearsall is not getting out of round 2.

And if Penix wasn't so old/injury history he'd be a lock 1st rounder. Just throws the ball different than any QB I've seen today.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I don't know about Pennix after watching this take.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Its weird, because Michigan didn't ask McCarthy to do much, but in the games I saw, whenever they put the ball in McCarthy's hands, the Michigan offense completely stalled. Making him throw was their kryptonite. Yet apparently scouts love him. It's good for Cardinals if he's a 1st rounder, but I dont understand it.
Anyone taking this guy before the 4th round or lower is just dumb. He's a nothing burger.

Edit: And I'll say it. If he wasn't a white QB from Michigan, no one would be talking about him in the 1st round.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
To me, that's all combine hype. Wasn't Will Levis being talked about top 5 at this time last year? McCarthy will probably go mid teens and I think that's still way too early for him. He doesn't have any outstanding NFL traits. So, he won alot of games at Michigan?? Big deal. They didn't win because of him. They won with defense and running the ball with a great OL.

How anyone can have McCarthy rated above Penix is beyond me.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
I really like the Piersall kid from Florida. Reminds me of the dude from K-St years ago that was Rodgers fav in GB. His name escapes me right now. And, yes, it's because he's white, fast, has hands, and is a good route runner.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
That guys takes make no sense to me and think he's way off base.
All out blitz and Penix goes deep to 1 on 1 coverage. What's wrong with that? He doesn't have time to go through all the reads.
Also, why is it bad his average pass is 5 -10 yards deeper when blitz? Make the defense pay and rack up big plays, which is what Penix did.
I turned it off at about the 8 minute mark thinking the author was a clown. You can try and nit pick any QB, try to justify it, and make a video about it.

I saw he had a video earlier how Justin Herbert is the next NFL bust.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
That guys takes make no sense to me and think he's way off base.
All out blitz and Penix goes deep to 1 on 1 coverage. What's wrong with that? He doesn't have time to go through all the reads.
Also, why is it bad his average pass is 5 -10 yards deeper when blitz? Make the defense pay and rack up big plays, which is what Penix did.
I turned it off at about the 8 minute mark thinking the author was a clown. You can try and nit pick any QB, try to justify it, and make a video about it.

I saw he had a video earlier how Justin Herbert is the next NFL bust.
That was a very real sentiment in the scouting community.

I think Rollins's contention is that Pennix always does that. He follows it and uses the NFL data on average completion distance and Pennix is almost playing a different game that's not going to work well in the NFL.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
You know who would have drafted or at least wanted to work with Pennix? BA...he wants a QB unafraid to throw deep and find the 1 on 1 matchups.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
******** there are some impressive athletes that also were great on the field. Verse, Benson, Odunze, Corum

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You know who would have drafted or at least wanted to work with Pennix? BA...he wants a QB unafraid to throw deep and find the 1 on 1 matchups.
We saw how that worked out in the long run though. Teams just start taking away the deep shot. What happens to Pennix when he doesn't have a receiver who can bail him out?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I guess I was just noting that he is an incredible athlete compared to 99% of human beings. Hes going to be a solid NFL player in my opinion.
I'd probably put him at RB 6 in a RB class with few really good players.

Benson is the clear best in class, but after him there really isn't anyone worth even an early third round pick

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
We saw how that worked out in the long run though. Teams just start taking away the deep shot. What happens to Pennix when he doesn't have a receiver who can bail him out?
Wait, WHAT????BA's offense was great and he's won everyplace he's been, including an NFC Champ game and a SB.

Also, Penix is very accurate. It's not like those throws were off target. In fact, those were NFL throws where many times you throw it to your guy even with tight coverage expecting them to make the play. How many times did you hear about Larry, even when he's covered, he's open?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard