2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
At this same point in time, everyone said Isaiah Simmons was a slam dunk top 3 pick. And Matt Leinart, etc etc
I recall hearing many saying the Simmons did a lot of different things, played all over, but didn't excel any of them. And lots of people disliked Leinart as a prospect and everything else (based on comments whenever I wore his stupid jersey that I threw away).

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Just saw this for the first time - Lance Z has started his player evals for 2024.

You must be registered for see images attach
So he doesnt have a single player listed as "probowl talent"??

Im gonna go ahead and disagree and say there are at least a couple probowlers in the 1st round this year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
At this same point in time, everyone said Isaiah Simmons was a slam dunk top 3 pick. And Matt Leinart, etc etc
Right. Draftniks loved these moves. Over time we saw the major flaw in these players. Maybe there was a reason Leinart fell to the Cardinals?

The overall point stands, that fans have such limited info and we tend to fall into groupthink with a whole crowd of people with limited info.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
That ranking system is dumb, amirite?
Well I see it every year and I feel like I never really see anyone in the 7's....or at least very few. And then I see tons and tons of players bunched together in the 5-6.5 range. I feel like he is just hedging his bets by putting 98% of the players in the middle.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Entirely possible, his dad was not a choirboy.
True, but I don’t think that’s the case with MHJ. He was a solid student, he’s extremely intelligent, and according to PJ, MHJ was the hardest worker in the OSU program.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This. All of this. I remember how people panned the Patriots for drafting all world OG Logan Mankins in round one. All of the draftniks had him as a late day two, early day three prospect.

You have to remember a lot of the draftniks don't really have much more information than we do. Scouts get to actually meet the players and hear what people think of them as people. For all we know, MHJ might be a gigantic jerk.
Possibly, but unlikely for a legacy player. Also his college teammates speak highly of him. Most scouts value that measure highly.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Simmons was an exciting prospect but I remember large contingents wanting Lamb or Wirfs pre-draft.
I am not talking about the board, more about all of the "experts". I personally wanted us to draft Derrick Brown or Javon Kinlaw. I didn't think Simmons would be there for our pick.