2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Eh I don't see it because part of taking players is projecting them, not just considering what they are right now.

Agreed. I think that is expected but I still find it interesting.

There will be a lot of movement between now and the draft as well.

Again, this is speculation from people who are not on the road scouting players for the NFL or setting a draft board.

Still fun.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Legette was an absolute nothing at South Carolina until this year Xavier Legette. There is a long list of receivers who exploded in their last season who haven't panned out in the draft.

Supposedly, Legette wasn't a hard working until this past off season. That's a big concern.

Serious question - who are the most well known/most recent WR's that have exploded in last season and busted in NFL?

Not hard working is a huge concern as is his age. However, you can't ignore the year he had in the SEC vs a guy like Keon Coleman (he never exploded).

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Extra COVID year of eligibility + a bit of NIL
If a guy is true NFL caliber why would he wait because of COVID eligibility?

For someone who is going to be a third-day pick, though, NIL can make a difference.

I wonder if the NFl recommendation panel has gotten more conservative also. I remember a few years ago a bunch of dudes came out early and ended up undrafted.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If a guy is true NFL caliber why would he wait because of COVID eligibility?
Keeping players around longer & in turn gave Freshmen & even sophomores fewer opportunities to contribute & develop.

Quantity blocks quality here.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Huh, that’s interesting. Consistently decreasing over that many years seems to indicate some kid of pattern. Wonder what’s driving it.
NIL went into effect July 1st, 2021...so that's why the dropoff really happens in 2022. Dudes who are projected to be late round or fringe draftees no longer need to take a chance on the NFL for a paycheck.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Agreed. I think that is expected but I still find it interesting.

There will be a lot of movement between now and the draft as well.

Again, this is speculation from people who are not on the road scouting players for the NFL or setting a draft board.

Still fun.
This. All of this. I remember how people panned the Patriots for drafting all world OG Logan Mankins in round one. All of the draftniks had him as a late day two, early day three prospect.

You have to remember a lot of the draftniks don't really have much more information than we do. Scouts get to actually meet the players and hear what people think of them as people. For all we know, MHJ might be a gigantic jerk.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Watching the 49ers, Ravens, Steelers and Eagles playoff games has made me think ILB seems to be the most impactful position on defense. Roquan and Warner are the MVPs of their defenses, while the Eagles and Steelers bad ILB play has been their fatal flaw. Despite both the Eagles and Steelers having amazing pass rushers their terrible ILBs have made them awful.

I understand more why Keim kept trying for ILBs in round 1, it just sucks he was so bad at evaluating them. Not only did he whiff on Simmons and Collins, he let good ILBs in Campbell and Hicks walk to get his failed picks more playing time. That type of roster mismanagement sabotaged any chance of success in the Kliff era.

I wonder if there are any good ILBs to be found in this draft. I assume we won't take one, but you never know in the late rounds.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Watching the 49ers, Ravens, Steelers and Eagles playoff games has made me think ILB seems to be the most impactful position on defense. Roquan and Warner are the MVPs of their defenses, while the Eagles and Steelers bad ILB play has been their fatal flaw. Despite both the Eagles and Steelers having amazing pass rushers their terrible ILBs have made them awful.

I understand more why Keim kept trying for ILBs in round 1, it just sucks he was so bad at evaluating them. Not only did he whiff on Simmons and Collins, he let good ILBs in Campbell and Hicks walk to get his failed picks more playing time. That type of roster mismanagement sabotaged any chance of success in the Kliff era.

I wonder if there are any good ILBs to be found in this draft. I assume we won't take one, but you never know in the late rounds.
Mike has always been the king of the defense... But imo the answer is balanced talent.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I always wonder how long this speed has to be sustained to make the list.

I think it's just the high point on the graph. So whatever the resolution of the measuring device is. If it takes a reading every .0001 seconds, then you would need to maintain peak speed for .0001 seconds.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Praying New England tries to right the "wrong" and overcompensate to draft Jayden.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Although one could argue they dont win the Super Bowl without Sony Michel that year (2018)

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Just saw this for the first time - Lance Z has started his player evals for 2024.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This. All of this. I remember how people panned the Patriots for drafting all world OG Logan Mankins in round one. All of the draftniks had him as a late day two, early day three prospect.

You have to remember a lot of the draftniks don't really have much more information than we do. Scouts get to actually meet the players and hear what people think of them as people. For all we know, MHJ might be a gigantic jerk.
Entirely possible, his dad was not a choirboy.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Absolutely. But you can bet your bottom dollar there will be ASFN draft experts who will be blasting Monti on his selection.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

At this same point in time, everyone said Isaiah Simmons was a slam dunk top 3 pick. And Matt Leinart, etc etc