2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Douxie

Reaction score
Is anyone considering Brock Bowers? We have a legitimate top end TE in McBride, maybe double down and make it an absolute strength position that could be a huge mismatch for most teams to try and cover. This would give Murray an extra security blanket to throw to and Bowers is a wrecking ball, the guy doesn’t go down first hit. We would instantly have a top tier TE duo in the league which to me would be worthy of having for the #4 pick.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Is anyone considering Brock Bowers? We have a legitimate top end TE in McBride, maybe double down and make it an absolute strength position that could be a huge mismatch for most teams to try and cover. This would give Murray an extra security blanket to throw to and Bowers is a wrecking ball, the guy doesn’t go down first hit. We would instantly have a top tier TE duo in the league which to me would be worthy of having for the #4 pick.
we also have Higgy Bear...dude is developing nicely. Certainly not considering a first round pick on an H Back

Douxie

Reaction score
we also have Higgy Bear...dude is developing nicely. Certainly not considering a first round pick on an H Back
I like Higgens, definitely a solid receiver, pretty good route runner. To me, Bowers is a difference maker. 4.5 speed and an absolute matchup nightmare for linebackers. The amount of strategizing defensive coordinators would have to go through trying to stop him, McBride and Connors would be fun to watch.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

I love Brock but he’s not going top-10 and he’ll be gone by Houston’s pick. He doesn’t impact us.

Douxie

Reaction score
I love Brock but he’s not going top-10 and he’ll be gone by Houston’s pick. He doesn’t impact us.
If he slides past 10 I’d be surprised. Tight ends tend to drop so it’s definitely possible as long as the Chargers pass on him at 5. If MHJ is gone and we can somehow trade the pick and grab him at the 8 spot I’d be thrilled. I really think this kid is generational.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
If he slides past 10 I’d be surprised. Tight ends tend to drop so it’s definitely possible as long as the Chargers pass on him at 5. If MHJ is gone and we can somehow trade the pick and grab him at the 8 spot I’d be thrilled. I really think this kid is generational.

This is silly I’m as big a Brock honk there is. Monty isn’t trading up that high for anyone.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Quinyon Mitchell seem like perfect Gannon/Rallis pick. Like how Garrett was.

That could be our 2nd round pick….

Serious question. What makes Quinyon a better fit in their scheme?

What do you think about Terrion Arnold?

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I don’t think the offense is designed for 2 receiving TEs. Higgins has the potential to be adequate as a secondary target.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don’t think the offense is designed for 2 receiving TEs. Higgins has the potential to be adequate as a secondary target.
I would be curious to see what our offense could do with 13 personnel as our base.

Douxie

Reaction score
I would be curious to see what our offense could do with 13 personnel as our base.
I agree, lots of heavy packages we could run with athletic blocking tight ends who can also catch and Connor at back. Would give us a whole different look on offense at times. Would be very difficult for defenses to prepare for. Bowers is my pick if MHJ is gone.

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
I agree, lots of heavy packages we could run with athletic blocking tight ends who can also catch and Connor at back. Would give us a whole different look on offense at times. Would be very difficult for defenses to prepare for. Bowers is my pick if MHJ is gone.
Id take Nabers in a heartbeat

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Does Bowers block well?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s cool but we need the threat of a big play, strike fast element to compliment that.

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Im not taking Bowers anywhere in the top 10. McBride is too good already to spend a top 10 pick IMO...but if we make a big trade back or he somehow lasts to the Texans pick...I think the talent becomes hard to pass up. There is absolutely a place for a 2 TE offense with a power running game. Teams would have to change their gameplan, and would HAVE to stack the box.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Definitely not at 4, but I would consider him in a trade down. I'm in the minority though.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Yeah. I totally disagree with this. I think that paying two top-five contracts on the same offensive line or any position unit is an inefficient use of resources.

The reality is that you get three max contracts on offense and defense, maybe seven max contracts total (for a little while). Concentrating those resources at QB and both OT positions really stresses the ability of a front office to keep drafting strong role players across the rest of the offense.

I always think about how the Colts built their roster around Peyton Manning's max contract -- Marvin Harrison and then Reggie Wayne plus Tarik Glenn and then Jeff Saturday. Then they had to really save money on off-ball linebacker and cornerback (usually solving with scheme).
When the Cardinals are this talent deficient...I think it matters less. Just looking at the contracts they have, there is a lot of flexibility moving forward. I agree there can be scenarios where positional allotments matter in terms of balancing the roster but I feel we aren't at that point.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
When the Cardinals are this talent deficient...I think it matters less. Just looking at the contracts they have, there is a lot of flexibility moving forward. I agree there can be scenarios where positional allotments matter in terms of balancing the roster but I feel we aren't at that point.
I dunno. I think when you're drafting very high you have to plan around that player signing a max contract in 3-5 years. It's different when you're outside the lottery and there's a less than 60% chance of your guy signing a second contract.

I don't see a successful team having two max contract tackles as their cornerstones, a QB making max money but playing like Joe Flacco, and then making it work everywhere else. It's just a tightrope that I don't think many front offices can manage. Ozzie Newsome did something like that for a while with the Ravens.