2024 Draft Countdown/NFL Prospects thread

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Ewers isn't going top 5 but I won't be surprised at all to see him in mid round 1. Coaches will fall in love with that arm talent. My question is his mental makeup. Is he Jay Cutler/Jeff George or in the Kirk Cousins mold?
He’d be smart to stay in school

OP
OP
football karma

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Michael Penix. Last night was the first time I got to watch a whole game of his.

you watch the throwing motion and dismiss him as a NFL qb

but the ball seems to end up exactly where he wants it

his motion is a bit long and i wonder if the wind up is too long for the NFL curious to see how he grades out

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Michael Penix. Last night was the first time I got to watch a whole game of his.

his motion is a bit long and i wonder if the wind up is too long for the NFL curious to see how he grades out
I remember watching this kid at Indiana and the thing I like most about him is it seems the more pressure there is the better he gets. And he has gotten more accurate since then. But that throwing morion is unique for sure.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

A lot like Tua.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Are you just saying this because they’re both left handed? lol
No. Throwing motions seems similar to me. Also, Tua wasn't really known for having zip on the ball, but he gets it there. You can say the same things about Brock Purdy.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
No. Throwing motions seems similar to me. Also, Tua wasn't really known for having zip on the ball, but he gets it there. You can say the same things about Brock Purdy.

They have a similar sling type motion but Tua was a borderline generational prospect before his body fell apart. The velocity and wiggle just disappeared one day it seemed like. He had an all star team around him but watch his sophomore highlighted they’re insane. He had a quick release and threw lasers.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Quinn Evers with 354 yards and 4 touchdowns in the 1st half of Big 12 championship. Has some Favre and Plummer to his game.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
on the WRs -- im not sure today if the tiers are:

MHJ and Nabers and then Odunze

or

MHJ ......and then Nabers and Odunze
Agree...Nabers, like MHJ, is in a class by himself... With Odunze being the splashiest of all the rest...
I like Coleman too... But the biggest ? I have is....with all his attributes.....how come they ain't talking about him more?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Very good point. I don't think Manning stays if he is not the starting QB next year.
I think Manning will stay regardless. If Ewers stays they will be in an open competition for the starting spot and Ewers won't remain beyond next year. I don't think it is a given that Ewers will stay especially if he gets a chance to be in the tournament and plays well.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Quinn Evers with 354 yards and 4 touchdowns in the 1st half of Big 12 championship. Has some Favre and Plummer to his game.
Ewers has a deadly release and is very accurate from the pocket with intermediate throws. He improved this season with his deep ball. Today he had his best game to date. Sark also called a great game and put his best athletes in space to run after the catch. Texas took their foot of the gas in the third quarter otherwise Ewers could have gotten over 500 yards in that game. I think Ewers injury derailed his season midway through and somehow Texas were able to overcome that with their young backup QB.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Ewers isn't going top 5 but I won't be surprised at all to see him in mid round 1. Coaches will fall in love with that arm talent. My question is his mental makeup. Is he Jay Cutler/Jeff George or in the Kirk Cousins mold?
I think he could be a steal in the draft because there are some questions about his mental side and physical make up that will cause him to fall in the draft if were to go in this season. He has made some really bad decisions in a couple of games this year both coming against OU and Houston that led to his shoulder injury. the poor decisions were due to him trying to force a play that wasn't there. he has shown the ability to learn and is a hard worker. there is no doubt about his competitiveness. The only question I have about Ewers is his ability to stay on the field. he has been injured a lot in his short time at Texas. if he's going to make it in the NFL he has to protect himself more.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think he could be a steal in the draft because there are some questions about his mental side and physical make up that will cause him to fall in the draft if were to go in this season. He has made some really bad decisions in a couple of games this year both coming against OU and Houston that led to his shoulder injury. the poor decisions were due to him trying to force a play that wasn't there. he has shown the ability to learn and is a hard worker. there is no doubt about his competitiveness. The only question I have about Ewers is his ability to stay on the field. he has been injured a lot in his short time at Texas. if he's going to make it in the NFL he has to protect himself more.
If he drops maybe we gamble on him in 2nd?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd